Yen Hui

Taoist Levitation

Did you even bother to read any of the five passages I posted from Lieh Tzu? Or the passages I

refered you to in Opening the Dragon's Gate, which are clearly meant to be taken literally. I get the

distinct feeling I could post 50 more like them, and no matter how literal they would appear, your

conditioned mind would simply just choke on them and spit them back out at me.

I watched some of Chris Angel's "Mind Freak" show on my brother's television last night. Many people are astounded and don't believe what he does. To me it's humorous, because what he does is disconnected from what we perceive.

Here's another quote attributed to Lieh Tzu:

My mind was frozen, my body in dissolution, my flesh and bones all melted together. I was wholly unconscious of what my body was resting on, or what was under my feet. I was borne this way and that on the wind, like dry chaff or leaves falling from a tree. In fact, I knew not whether the wind was riding on me or I on the wind.
Should I take this literally? Actually it sounds very much like a Salvia experience, which happens to be very real at the time it is occurring.

I scanned the five passages, I missed the "Opening the Dragon's Gate." So this "Opening the Dragon's Gate" would be about how to actually open a Dragon's gate? Or should I not take the title literally? If the title is metaphorical, at what threshold do I start taking things literally when I read the text?

I am a Philosophical Daoist. I accept Vital Daoism for balanced health. But I will admit that I think Religious Taoism and Daoist Mysticism are largely irrelevant to attaining harmony with nature and the Dao. However, if the belief in mysticism brings someone peace and better harmony with nature, have at it. I just don't personally see the necessity, or the relevance to philosophical Daoism.

By the way, my "conditioned mind" enjoyed your writing. Enjoyed it enough so that I didn't choke on your thoughts, or spit anything back at you. I read some at length and scanned others - then provided my take on it. The fact that my take is not in alignment with your take is obvious, but I'm not offended by it.

Now I'm even more curious what your answer would be to the brief questions I posed. No metaphor, or rhetoric - just simple, literal questions:

Why would person so in-tune with vital energy that they could use it to levitate a human body do so?

A bit wasteful don't you think?

Peace,

Edited by beancurdturtle

I watched some of Chris Angel's "Mind Freak" show on my brother's television last night. Many people are astounded and don't believe what he does. To me it's humorous, because what he does is disconnected from what we perceive.

By the way, my "conditioned mind" enjoyed your writing. Enjoyed it enough so that I didn't choke on your thoughts, or spit anything back at you. I read some at length and scanned others - then provided my take on it. The fact that my take is not in alignment with your take is obvious, but I'm not offended by it.

Now I'm even more curious what your answer would be to the brief questions I posed. No metaphor, or rhetoric - just simple, literal questions:

Why would person so in-tune with vital energy that they could use it to levitate a human body do so?

A bit wasteful don't you think?

Peace,

Friend, be advised: There are many here who are able to balance Logic as well as the more Left brained sides of the Tao. However, there are also a number who throw logic out the window and assume that superpowers are a must for spiritual practice. Even Uri Geller has been cited as "proof" of ESP-type powers on this site. Enjoy what you can here, and there is much to learn from, but one would be ill-advised to waste ones carpal tunnel trying to convince certain posters that they can't always believe what they hear or read or even see, without testing it in a controlled way. As for the topics at hand, did Muhammad really ascend to heaven also? How about Prometheus? Or the most high Flying Spaghetti Monster? Doth he not ascend to greater heights than all? Empty yourself of everything.

Friend, be advised: There are many here who are able to balance Logic as well as the more Left brained sides of the Tao. However, there are also a number who throw logic out the window and assume that superpowers are a must for spiritual practice. Even Uri Geller has been cited as "proof" of ESP-type powers on this site. Enjoy what you can here, and there is much to learn from, but one would be ill-advised to waste ones carpal tunnel trying to convince certain posters that they can't always believe what they hear or read or even see, without testing it in a controlled way. As for the topics at hand, did Muhammad really ascend to heaven also? How about Prometheus? Or the most high Flying Spaghetti Monster? Doth he not ascend to greater heights than all? Empty yourself of everything.

Thanks for the advice.

Please don't misunderstand me. I never intend to cause offense. If anyone feels offended, it's at least 50% due to poor communication on my part.

I'm just commenting, opining, and questioning. As far as I'm concerned; my comments and opinions start losing relevance as soon as they leave my head, and my questions have validity only to the extent they are answered.

It's cool to believe that superpowers are a must. I just asked why. Asking questions is a pretty good way to learn, and I believe your assertion that there is much to learn here. It's also cool if an answer is not provided.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of what they should, or should not believe. I'm not attempting to be contrary. I have not disagreed with anyone. I have accepted peoples thoughts, then offered my opinions and some questions.

It's important to note that I am aware that my opinions and beliefs could very well be full of crap. I hope it's not wrong to express an opinion that differs with others. I also hope that others will express their opinions that differ with mine when I post something. We learn from our differences and our differences of opinion.

I hope everyone understands. If I disagree, I do not intend to be disagreeable. If you offer an opinion I will read and accept it - and I may offer an opinion in response. My opinion on many things is different from others, and it may be rubbish. So I will share my thoughts, and ask some questions. Hopefully that's Ok - is it?

It's cool to believe that superpowers are a must. I just asked why. Asking questions is a pretty good way to learn, and I believe your assertion that there is much to learn here. It's also cool if an answer is not provided.

I understood it quite differently from other sources.

Samadhi must be strengthened and the body must be transformed in order to attain a higher level. The abilities are supposed to facilitate gaining the merit involved for attaining the next level.

Hello Everyone ~

As many of may know, Chuang Tzu says that Leih Tzu "rode upon the wind." Many such similar statements

can be found in the Taoist Classics. Such statements clearly refer to the art of levitation and teleportation.

What I'd like to know is whether or not these arts are being openly taught today, and by whom? Is this part

of Sifu John Chang's curriculum, or any other contemporary lineage holders? Lastly, does anyone here know

of any Taoist writings that give detailed instructions on how to physically levitate and "ride upon the wind"?

Thanks ~ Yen Hui

I can teach you these. It's very easy. Have you ever done it in a dream? How did you do it? It's the same "in the waking", since both dreaming and waking have the same source -- mind.

Warning: if your psyche is not ready to accept this kind of experience, you will be very very frightened, because if you're not ready and you fly like that, it's like going insane, where you no longer know what is real and what is not real. So it's best to leave that alone. When the right time comes, you will fly without any effort anyway, because it will be as natural as breathing and eating is right now. There is no need to force anything.

I can teach you these. It's very easy. Have you ever done it in a dream? How did you do it? It's the same "in the waking", since both dreaming and waking have the same source -- mind.

Warning: if your psyche is not ready to accept this kind of experience, you will be very very frightened, because if you're not ready and you fly like that, it's like going insane, where you no longer know what is real and what is not real. So it's best to leave that alone. When the right time comes, you will fly without any effort anyway, because it will be as natural as breathing and eating is right now. There is no need to force anything.

pardon me,but are you saying you have mastered the art of levitation?

i am very skeptical of this.

and what is this psyche thingy?

pardon me,but are you saying you have mastered the art of levitation?

i am very skeptical of this.

Miraculous abilities are not attainments. They are natural expressions that become freed up when the time is right. It's like this. It's as if you believe you must hold your head in order for your head not to fall off. So you keep holding it all your life and everyone else is doing so. Seeing someone with both hands away from the head is a miracle. But that ability is not an attainment. It's something everyone can do as soon as they get rid of the belief that the head will fall off if you don't hold it.

and what is this psyche thingy?

Who or what wants the answer?

Pardon me I feel like a fish on land here litterally.

Has it anything to do with "inbetween breath"?

I know the question must sound insane, because at least where I am now I only stop breathing when I am tense, and thats not good. But in my dream I behave like a fish in water...except water is air...

in sane & out of con cept

HAHAHAHAHAHAH AHH...

If you were truly interested in flying, you'd have already flown in your dreams. Then you'd know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't yet, it means you're not interested. And if you're not interested, asking is a waste of time.

Yen Hui:

If you really want to know, I suggest you learn to lucid dream and try flying when dreaming.

Edited by goldisheavy

Miraculous abilities are not attainments. They are natural expressions that become freed up when the time is right. It's like this. It's as if you believe you must hold your head in order for your head not to fall off. So you keep holding it all your life and everyone else is doing so. Seeing someone with both hands away from the head is a miracle. But that ability is not an attainment. It's something everyone can do as soon as they get rid of the belief that the head will fall off if you don't hold it.

1. so you have miraculous abilities, wonderful so does every living thing.

2. you seem to think there is a psyche,

please discribe it as i am just an idiot who seems to have none.

;)

If you were truly interested in flying, you'd have already flown in your dreams. Then you'd know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't yet, it means you're not interested. And if you're not interested, asking is a waste of time.

Yen Hui:

If you really want to know, I suggest you learn to lucid dream and try flying when dreaming.

I have told you (look up earlier in this thread) that I have always had this dream.

You waste my time.

Edited by rain

What if you are not interested in flying because it's a rather silly thing for a human being to do, yet you've flown in your dreams? Would that be wrong? <_<

sitting in this chair

the entire universe lays open

where is there to go?

everywhere is everything and nothing.

fly away if you wish

there's an old theory in quantum physics that gravity is positive energy and anti-gravity is "negative energy"

and that the secret to hover cars and hover crafts lie in the invention of a "negative energy generator"

When one pulls energy from empty vaccuum, the result is a field of negative energy.

The idea is that if one can generate a bubble of negative energy around an object, it can actually reduce the mass and weight of that object in comparison to the outside universe. The object's weight would remain the same within the bubble.

So maybe Yin energy is this so called "negative energy" And those yogins who can fly simply created a field of Yin energy around them making them lighter than the weight of air.

It's like if you can create an air bubble intense enough to wrap around person underwater without it popping, technically it can create a boyancy effect that can carry the person up to the surface of the water..

..the fish has the bubble inside..... ;)

i'm talking about an air bubble surrounding the object, not in the object

but that's just an analogy

So maybe Yin energy is this so called "negative energy" And those yogins who can fly simply created a field of Yin energy around them making them lighter than the weight of air.
You may be onto something...

ChadRajman16May16.jpg

DroneBigBasinCAcu7x.jpg

look here ???

i know that levitation is possible

so is mental telepathy

and kinetic energy

moving mountains

astral projection

invisiblity (apparent)

soundless walking,non-breathing

but why??

birds fly

men walk

this is the way of the tao

dont go beyond yourself

it is all silly games the saints play

yes i have done some of these things myself,

but when one encounters the thing itself

just being an ordinary man is plenty good

just my 2 centavos

peace and happy pancakes

paul

look here ???

i know that levitation is possible

so is mental telepathy

and kinetic energy

moving mountains

astral projection

invisiblity (apparent)

soundless walking,non-breathing

but why??

birds fly

men walk

this is the way of the tao

paul

Right on Papa Paul

We try to smell with our noses

hear with our eyes

see with our ears

The true miracle is that we can see with our eyes

hear with our ears

and smell with our nose.

Why walk through a wall when you can walk through the door.

Edited by mYTHmAKER