SonOfTheGods

Constellation of the Thigh - The Left Hand Path

I bought a bunch of books today.

Some of the authors might be familiar to some of you:

Connolly, Thorp, Webb- to name a few.

Most of the books deal with Demonolatry.

I do not worship demons, so the book topics are misleading.

Some call them demons, which makes them someone's foe.

To me, they are Daemons, and if they aren't hard wired into the brain, they can be reached and researched for answers to questions most won't ever dare to ask.

The Yin and Yang is dark and light.

Being all light will leave you without half the puzzle.

If anyone wants to discuss "How to", rather than "How come", I would be glad to engage.

"Seven Faces of Darkness" By Don Webb discusses the constellation of the thigh, Sutekh, and Gnostic studies. The Setian/Typhonian current is explored deeper than in most books.

I would like to keep the thread on subject, and not a moral debate.

This is not a thread about teen agers drinking and drugging, listening to heavy metal and sacrificing the neighbor's cat. It is not a conspiracy thread about the Illuminati.

It is a path of polar opposite to the right hand path, which is what most here follow, though they will say they are the middle way.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

I need to clear sumthin up. Is the topic on 'How to reach daemons' or is it on 'darkness'

or the is it on 'the thigh constellation'

There seem to be 3 parts to the OP :

Demon ... olatry ( like idolatry ? ) and some books,

SoG doesn't practice that but the books have info on Egyptology

The relevance of the constellation The Thigh and its relation ship to elemental forces.

The reference to the constellation (of Words) site is great, a very good site that I use as a tool, so I am familiar with it

The other Egyptian site looks good who or waht is its source, is based on some Schueller deLubicz or Robert Lawler?

I am very interested in Ancient Egyptian ... well, everything just about anything ... and ancient astronomy and cosmology, so I am interested to see where this thread goes.

So I will give it a directional kick:

The thigh ... lets look at that first ... as an offering in temple and what that means .... and in a hieroglyphic sense.

First thoughts are; its a bulls thigh and the point of it is it is a powerful motive force, ( unlike the ank, sandal strap that 'assists going' ) it seems a raw and strong force, It probably connects deeply with the ' Royal Bull' (the animal itself and the King.

I read the background material .... I am not venturing into the 'forbidden zone' (as requested by OP) , I have tried to work out the subject matter and posed a starting point and ....... wot happened :wacko:

I am beginning to wonder why this thread was put up in the first place ???

I also wonder

Okay, well ... if you are not sure yourself I will have a go then ; to draw attention to the Constellation of the Thigh ... and maybe generate curiosity about why it is associated with the 'left-hand' path?

Or that is too broad and you want to focus specifically as defined in the OP as opposed to the thread title ? about the books you mentioned and your offer to ' discuss "How to", ' (access?) the modern " Setian/Typhonian current (that) is explored deeper than in most books" and not a general exploration of, "Being all light will leave you without half the puzzle."

I am interested in the other side from a wide range of sources , but not the 'Setian / Typhonian current' ... unless you, or these books have come up with some new and interesting takes on it.

So .... is there a link between all this and the Constellation of the Thigh or are you going to leave us hanging in suspenders ;)

When I started this thread, I had a bunch of reading material and was prepping for some ritual work.

I was fully prepared to delve into some deeper aspects and share much info that many will never learn just from books.

The thread stayed barren for 3 weeks. My ritual work, completed and forgotten, allowing it to ferment in the ethers.

Speaking of ferment, TTB isn't the forum for hardcore magick.

After a few attempts, I've decided to concede.

The first page of this Hermetic Magic Forum looks like a church bulletin.

When I first started posting on TTB, I posted some threads to enage open minds.

I gave up on that, then tried the magick angle.

My latest thread is photos of a dog balancing pancakes on his head.

I rest my case ;)

• Like 2

Ah yes .... I somehow missed the first 2 posts but noticed on the 3rd bump

but I am here now ;):D

Where my responses somehow wrong ? Or is one keen response not enough (that's okay, I can understand that).

Actually, when I first came here I saw the Hermetic forum and if not for that I probably would have passed this site over.

Then when I checked in I was all 'Huh? Is this Christian Hermetics? What's with the Christian focus in this Hermetic Forum ?'

What IS with the Christian Focus in this Hermetic Forum anyway ?

No ... no ... don't start that here, I want to talk about Hermetics :D

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Where is the NCP in the Dendra Zodiac? The Thigh is off-pole (and maybe a motive force or 'cog' which turns the whole wheel ). Hippo Goddess, being pregnant, is the navel ?

The Pole relates to the Divine King ... is it Anpu there in the middle (who almost appears to come out of her navel) ?

What IS with the Christian Focus in this Hermetic Forum anyway ?

I suspect it has to do with the Occult aspect of the forum, which has a lot to do with that religion in particular. Personally, I think it's an appropriate place.

By the way, SonoftheGods, I'm guessing you belong to the "Temple of Set"? You probably know that Donn Webb was a high priest with them, and the ideas of Setian or Typhonian current have everything to do with their group.

I suspect it has to do with the Occult aspect of the forum, which has a lot to do with that religion in particular. Personally, I think it's an appropriate place.

By the way, SonoftheGods, I'm guessing you belong to the "Temple of Set"? You probably know that Donn Webb was a high priest with them, and the ideas of Setian or Typhonian current have everything to do with their group.

Nope not a member. They prefer $ over everything else.

• Like 1

Lucifer is Venus, who rose before the sun of god.

He wanted to be god, but fell short.

Lucifer/Venus was then banished back to the under world- which is to say: "below the horizon"
where the true life-giver rises/resurrects = The sun of god.

sunSET

horus = hours

etc.,

Okay ... I will admit then that this is not the place to discuss such issues ... I tried .... I tried to stay on topic, focused, polite, even define what the topic is ... a little kickstart ... a question on perceived topic ... but no ... just side issues and then the focus and energy goes to feeding that ... whatever ...

It seems there is a certain imbedded dynamic present. I will try somewhere else.