Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Some stuff _ in Chinese

First paragraph for tonight... (Where did you get that text, and what led you to this? I'm asking, because this seems to be part of a much larger text. Also, when I translate, I like to have the "big picture" )

卷外﹝細說篇﹞

External scroll, " a detailed description (of the process)"

金丹大法的再世因緣

First: the great method to get the Golden Pill (or golden elixir) and the karma of reincarnation.

法身金丹修鍊大法的再世,是有其大因緣的。這個大因緣在【瑤池金母普渡收圓定慧解脫真經】中講得很清楚。因為人類“輪迴無息,禍難慘纏”,雖然“人皆佛性”,卻“無以回天”。所以,“竊此三期”,要“渡盡坤乾”,這是其一。

The great alchemical method to get the Golden Elixir is related to a person's karma and past lives. In,The True Scripture and Recovery of the Entirety Scripture of the Golden Mother of the Jasper Pool, they talk about this great karma very precisely. Because humans die and get reborn through the wheel of Samsara without rest, experience hardship and are chained to misery (although every human being has the Buddha Nature) they all want to " become the Void and go back to Heaven". So, in order to "steal these three periods', the first thing one has to do is to " unite Kun (earth) and Qian (Heaven)"

(Ok, so this seems to be a pretty classical mix of alchemical Taoism and Buddhism)

渡盡坤乾,是瑤池金母的大悲大願,也是諸佛、菩薩、聖者等的大願望。所以,在無極瑤池金母的龍華勝會上,慈航大士觀世音菩薩合掌恭敬祈盼瑤池金母為眾生開簡易大道之門,說定慧解脫之理。於是,瑤池金母在無極光中,宣說了普渡收圓定慧解脫真經,闡述了三家會合、定慧解脫不難之理。後頒下【瑤池金母普渡收圓定慧解脫真經】一卷,獲得三教聖賢,十方諸佛頂禮恭敬,信受奉行。常念此經,即口應心,身無魔考,家居平安,國家泰盛。

Unite Earth and Heaven is Xiwang Mu's (Taoist Goddess) Great Vow of compassion. It is also the great desire of all Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, wise men etc. So, in the Longhua temple dedicated to Xiwang Mu, there is a statue of Guanyin, the great Bodhisattva of compassion, her hands together, praying Xiwang Mu to easily open the door of the Great Dao for all living creatures, settling the principle of liberation through wisdom. Thus, Xiwang Mu, within the light of the Great Void (Wuji), chanted the The True Scripture and Recovery of the Entirety Scripture of the Golden Mother of the Jasper Pool, explaining how uniting the three schools (Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism) was the way to obtain liberation. After she promulgated This True Scripture and Recovery of the Entirety Scripture of the Golden Mother of the Jasper Pool, she received the saints and sages from all three schools, all the Buddhas from the Ten Directions, to pay her their respects and follow the instructions with faith.

If one recite this Scripture frequently, with one's heart, the demons won't be able to torment us, one will be able to be at peace in one's home and the Country will be prosperous and peaceful.

(Let me guess: you got this in Taiwan?)

• Like 1

I have found it on the net and I have not idea, if this is from Taiwan, China or elsewhere ... :)

Seems as kan&li process explained ...

Edited by Jox

The links below the text on the end of each text seems never ends ...

Probably one complete book ...

I have seen some parts of it when I was in China (Not Taiwan, actually, the Continent) . The Quanzhen sect uses it. You have some "mantras" and invocations on that part.

http://www.360doc.com/content/12/0131/07/363181_183024579.shtml

I remember the "invocation to clean the body",invoking the four emblematic animals (Green dragon, White Tiger, Red Phoenix and Dark warrior) to help the individual to dispel doubts, and protect the "real self". And the "Celestial Lord of the Magical Jewel" to make the mind peaceful.

I had learnt this by heart at the time, but didn't know it was part of such a big book.

Now, there is just no way I translate all this! Besides, that's not really worth it, especially if you don't have a master.

I'm gonna have a look, tell you if there are some interesting stuff.

In the aforementioned part, there is something about classical Chinese cosmology you probably already know: Yin-yang, 5 agents, 8 trigrams...

Funny, how it brings back memories... thx for that!

Edited by baiqi
  • Like 1

I just have a glance at the document. It is a Buddhist belief that practice alchemy is to cultivate the body for reincarnation(karma). Karma means reincarnation in Chinese Buddhism. However, In Taoist alchemy is to invigorate the body for the present life.

Edited by ChiDragon

I have seen some parts of it when I was in China (Not Taiwan, actually, the Continent) . The Quanzhen sect uses it. You have some "mantras" and invocations on that part.

http://www.360doc.com/content/12/0131/07/363181_183024579.shtml

I remember the "invocation to clean the body",invoking the four emblematic animals (Green dragon, White Tiger, Red Phoenix and Dark warrior) to help the individual to dispel doubts, and protect the "real self". And the "Celestial Lord of the Magical Jewel" to make the mind peaceful.

I had learnt this by heart at the time, but didn't know it was part of such a big book.

Now, there is just no way I translate all this! Besides, that's not really worth it, especially if you don't have a master.

I'm gonna have a look, tell you if there are some interesting stuff.

In the aforementioned part, there is something about classical Chinese cosmology you probably already know: Yin-yang, 5 agents, 8 trigrams...

Funny, how it brings back memories... thx for that!

I have been practicing Healing Tao up to lesser Kan and Li ...

So ... maybe some info from the text should be useful ...

What do you practice, if I may ask? Quanzhen?

I dont know Chinese language ... what attracted my attention were interesting diagrams ... :)

Thank you for your translation so far ... ;)

I hope there will some more volunteers to translate more stuff ... :)

Best, Jox :)

Link of the user profile: mihu16, who posted this texts ... I am not sure, but there seems to be a sea of materials ... ;)

What do you practice, if I may ask? Quanzhen?

Not really, but I was in relation with Quanzhen monks when I was in China.

Now I focus more on bagua.

Sign in to follow this