dwai

Restoring your Life Energy by Master Waysun Liao

Hello all,

This book is a very good one and could be a good starting point for beginners, as well as excellent supplemental material for the seasoned practitioner.

http://www.amazon.com/Restoring-Your-Life-Energy-Well-Being/dp/1590309960

Enjoy. It would be interesting to find out from any Bum who has practiced these what their experiences have been.

Dwai

• Like 1

i read his old "tai chi classics" book a few years ago and really liked it

That book is a treasure trove of knowledge. Each time I read it (a few months apart at times), bringing deeper, more profound understanding.

He covers the chi development topics of "Tai Chi Classics" in this book and in greater detail, perhaps geared towards a more beginner level practitioner. But it is valuable for practitioners of all levels.

• Like 2

I've just finished reading this book. I have a few questions about the chi ball visualizations. Will someone experienced with the techniques please PM me? Thank you.

For Xunzi,

When I first began to experience the play of the externalized chi through the 'chi ball' techniques, I was just waving my hands in and out slowly with the use of physical muscle only. As I paid more attention to the movement itself, a thin magnetic pull began to manifest itself. For a while, the magnetic pull would come some days, then disappear for other days. Eventually, the magnetism became thicker and I could control its frequency, using energy alone to propel and contract my hands, arms, legs, body, etc. Essentially, just allow the movement to reveal more subtle layers of energy. Concentrating too hard on 'making something happen' will be the first obstacle. Just remain sensitive to the feel of air between your palms as you move your hands in and out- expanding and contracting the chi ball. Use as little muscle as possible. With patience, practice, and loving acceptance of yourself- the internal energy will make itself known, then come under your conscious control. You will be able to push and pull energy with the mind alone and without muscular force.

• Like 1