maki

Search for an special type of meditation

Read The Attention Revolution by Alan Wallace for a very clear guide to proper shamatha practice, which is a meaningful practice which leads to meaningful results... unlike trying to talk to spirits, fussing over chakras and other New Age fluff.

When you achieve access concentration from the practice of shamatha, meaning your mind is cleared of eons of crud and you have conscious access to the subconscious and, far more importantly, the substrate consciousness, it will be easy for you to talk to nonhuman entities, recall past lives, and much more stuff like that - if for some reason you want to do flashy crap.

Also, your chakras will automatically clear and activate to the max with no effort on your part, to a far higher degree than is even possible from moving around energy - as the roots of the blocks and imbalances are in your mind, they can only be removed through mental training such as shamatha.

yabyum24 this is an interesting story. Have You ever seen that spirit again? Have You succeeded to go through the whole Shamatha practice? I mean can You stay focused on 1 object for 4 hours and longer? And could You explain me what Yidam means?

Isimsiz I'm aware of that, but I think that the key for protect yourself from obsession and a better understanding is meditation. And I think that it's possible to gain that abilities with yin chi meditation. And could You please explain me what do You mean when You say medium?

Seeker of Tao I have already read about Shamatha, so I know some things about that type of meditation. But thank You for the explanation. I will definitely look for that book. But how do You mean that the chakras get activated? I guess that you need an longer process to activate all the chakras in the body. If You have heard about Mo Pai then You sure know that they have 72 levels with that they are trying to activate all the chakras in the body, and rarely some people success to achieve level 72.

Edited by maki

And I guess that you all have misunderstood me. I guess that's my fault, because I didn't explain good enough what I'm searching for. I'm not trying to communicate to spirits that passed away, and I don't want to see what was I in my past life. I'm not sure how can I explain this. Let's say that I'm interested in how to get some informations from meditation. For example when you meditate about how to progress or how can you get more energy, and you get the answer through meditation.

yabyum24 this is an interesting story. Have You ever seen that spirit again? Have You succeeded to go through the whole Shamatha practice? I mean can You stay focused on 1 object for 4 hours and longer? And could You explain me what Yidam means?

Isimsiz I'm aware of that, but I think that the key for protect yourself from obsession and a better understanding is meditation. And I think that it's possible to gain that abilities with yin chi meditation. And could You please explain me what do You mean when You say medium?

Seeker of Tao I have already read about Shamatha, so I know some things about that type of meditation. But thank You for the explanation. I will definitely look for that book. But how do You mean that the chakras get activated? I guess that you need an longer process to activate all the chakras in the body. If You have heard about Mo Pai then You sure know that they have 72 levels with that they are trying to activate all the chakras in the body, and rarely some people success to achieve level 72.

If you had looked at the link in my previous post about Obsession in Spiritualism, you would not ask me meaning of a medium. I perceive this a disrespectful act.

Nevertheless, if you want to read, definiton of Medium: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium_(spirituality)

I have also experience about various meditations. Trust me, obsession and meditation are not related at all.

Regarding your question to Yabyum24, although you did not ask me, yes I have seen a spirit and in fact many spirits, most of them negative, I never practice Shamatha practice (whatever that is).

And I guess that you all have misunderstood me. I guess that's my fault, because I didn't explain good enough what I'm searching for. I'm not trying to communicate to spirits that passed away, and I don't want to see what was I in my past life. I'm not sure how can I explain this. Let's say that I'm interested in how to get some informations from meditation. For example when you meditate about how to progress or how can you get more energy, and you get the answer through meditation.

Again, if you are not a medium, you can not do it by meditation. Of course, for instance, you join Mo Pai and become level 20 like John Chang, then, you can do it without being a medium. But that is also not possible practically.

I have read that post that You sent me about spiritism, but I haven't understand what a medium is. My english isn't the best. I thought that it means a human that's practicing an type of meditation, but I wasn't sure that's why I have asked You that question.

I know that they aren't related, but isn't it possible to protect yourself from negative spirits through meditation?

From what I have read, Shamatha is an Tibetan type of meditation, in what you practice your focus on an object. People say that you have achieved Shamatha if you can be focused on 1 object for 4 hours or longer.

I have already written that I'm not interested in talking with dead spirits, but I have read that it's possible to do that after you open your third eye chakra

Edited by maki

I have read that post that You sent me about spiritism, but I haven't understand what a medium is. My english isn't the best. I thought that it means a human that's practicing an type of meditation, but I wasn't sure that's why I have asked You that question.

I know that they aren't related, but isn't it possible to protect yourself from negative spirits through meditation?

From what I have read, Shamatha is an Tibetan type of meditation, in what you practice your focus on an object. People say that you have achieved Shamatha if you can be focused on 1 object for 4 hours or longer.

I have already written that I'm not interested in talking with dead spirits, but I have read that it's possible to do that after you open your third eye chakra

English is not my native language too. But I see that yours is as good as mine. Never mind.

Negative spirits can not harm you normally, since you have a castle, your physical body. I do not know what kind of meditation you are doing, but as a principle if you open your aurora, then negatives can attack you and obsess you. But without being a medium, this is also very very very small possibility.

Focus at any object not 4 hours but 40 hours. You will not see a spirit if you are not a medium.

• Like 1

Interesting. I read somewhere that when you're trying to open your chakras, and filling your body with chi (not only your dantien) there's a high possibility that an spirit could attack you.

Shamatha isn't a meditation with that you can become a medium. It's more an meditation that gives you an very high meditative state. And that's 1 of the 2 meditations that you need to achieve an enlightenment. The second is Vipashyana. I don't know if that is true. I have read that in a book.

Interesting. I read somewhere that when you're trying to open your chakras, and filling your body with chi (not only your dantien) there's a high possibility that an spirit could attack you.

Shamatha isn't a meditation with that you can become a medium. It's more an meditation that gives you an very high meditative state. And that's 1 of the 2 meditations that you need to achieve an enlightenment. The second is Vipashyana. I don't know if that is true. I have read that in a book.

Your first sentence is partially correct. If a medium concentrates on his/her One Point (dantian or tanden) because his/her receptive channel is enlarged, opened, from that channel a spirit can attack. For a normal person, this is not valid.

There is no meditation to make you a medium unless otherwise you become like John Chang.

• Like 1

I'd agree with the above.... accept perhaps if you already sensed stuff but stuffed it away and ignored it. Some meditation could bring it out.

Best way to protect yourself? Divine presence. Get practicing with Deity. Then after that is good and solid, perhaps look further :).

• Like 1

I'd agree with the above.... accept perhaps if you already sensed stuff but stuffed it away and ignored it. Some meditation could bring it out.

Best way to protect yourself? Divine presence. Get practicing with Deity. Then after that is good and solid, perhaps look further :).

That "Deity" will be a negative spirit and you will be obsessed. Do not have any relation with any "Deity". Just a friendly warning for readers of the thread.

That "Deity" will be a negative spirit and you will be obsessed. Do not have any relation with any "Deity". Just a friendly warning for readers of the thread.

This is how you do it though Isimisiz right? Allah if I remember correctly? Some are Christians and go with God.. many options :).

• Like 1

This is how you do it though Isimisiz right? Allah if I remember correctly? Some are Christians and go with God.. many options :).

No madame.

Let me explain like that:

Allah is the Creator. There are very high spirits in Allah's command. These spirits are called as "We" or "Us" in Holy Quran.

An example:

Holy Quran, Sūrat l-ḥujurāt (The Dwellings), 49th Sura

(49:13) "O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."

So these "We" are the spirits that have become one with God. They are the real immortals, who can prevent rebirth. Surprisingly, they do not prevent rebirth and incarnate to world as Prophets and Highest Level Saints.

There are also other positive spirits that are not so high as "We" but they are still positive spirits.

There are also Angels. They can not commit sins as their Nafs are not active.

So there is whole organizational structure of Divine Realms.

So we work with positive spirits and angels to reply your question. Of course, we pray to Allah and ask Allah's help too.

P.S. My name is Isimsiz Biri, I would be happy if you can write it correct. You may use "Copy and Paste" functions.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri
  • Like 1

Interestingly, what Isimsiz Biri has described is broadly (and I reiterate broadly) consistent with what I was told 30ish years ago as an initiate of Surat Shabd.

What I'm unclear about is how he distinguishes between benevolent and malevolent discarnate entities

Edit: -

Its also just occurred to me to add that its's broadly (and again please note broadly) consistent with Hinduism, Christianity (and - dare I say it :ph34r: - Buddhism)

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

Hi Maki,

I don't (fortunately) encounter many spirits, so I'm no expert but those I have sensed seem to be tied to a specific location. So, no, once we left the place I never saw it again. In any case, there is nothing interesting about them and I would be happy to never sense another one again. I honestly have no interest in them.

There is some general stuff about Yidams on Wikipedia. You need empowerments for the practice but it's optional and you don't need it to develop samatha, so don't worry.

Why would I want to stay focussed on an object for 4 hours or more? That's the kind of misapprehension which surrounds the topic.

Briefly, meditation has only 2 components; tranquillity and insight (samatha and vipassana) or whatever variant spelling you like. You need both to work together. The tranquillity settles the mind, (like waves calming on a lake) so that insight can see deeper, (like looking at the bottom of the lake).

Each stage enables the next. If there is no tranquillity, then insight can't get very far. If there is no insight, then the meditation is pretty pointless (and definitely incorrect).

• Like 1

If it wouldn't be a problem, could somebody explain what deity means? I have read on the net about them, but Isimsiz, You say that they could be evil. And on the internet is written that they could be holy, divine or sacred.

yabyum24 I read in one book that when a person is capable to stay focused on one object for 4 hours or longer, that he has achieved Shamatha.

You say that there are more stages by vipassana. Do You know how many stages there are?

If it wouldn't be a problem, could somebody explain what deity means? I have read on the net about them, but Isimsiz, You say that they could be evil. And on the internet is written that they could be holy, divine or sacred.

yabyum24 I read in one book that when a person is capable to stay focused on one object for 4 hours or longer, that he has achieved Shamatha.

You say that there are more stages by vipassana. Do You know how many stages there are?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deity

Thank You but I have read that. Here's written that they can interact positively or negatively. Not just positively or negatively. That's why am I asking. Isimsiz says it will be a negative spirit, and You Bagua say it will be a positive spirit.

Thank You but I have read that. Here's written that they can interact positively or negatively. Not just positively or negatively. That's why am I asking. Isimsiz says it will be a negative spirit, and You Bagua say it will be a positive spirit.

Dear maki,

There is only one God. There are no other gods. These deities are beings resembling themselves as Gods. The target is to make you worship them or at least know and show respect to them as Gods. This is the target of the negative side. They introduce themselves as Deities. Then, you make some magic with them for instance. Black or white does not matter, magic is magic and it is very evil. Very very dangerous.

If you want something, pray for it to God Almighty.

That is due to his and my different beliefs. Basically you have to sort out your own on such things.

I read in one book that when a person is capable to stay focused on one object for 4 hours or longer, that he has achieved Shamatha.

The ability to effortlessly maintain perfect focus for 4 hours is a sign that you've achieved shamatha, indicating mental stability. That stability is the actual goal of shamatha.

Sitting in perfect focus for hours doesn't do anything in itself, someone who has achieved shamatha should then switch to vipashyana to take advantage of their mental stability.

There isn't a strict linear development in vipashyana, the order of realisations depends on the individual. :)

when you speak in such a manner, its like a deity has spoken.

some deities issue warnings to village folk so that omens and disasters can be avoided, just the way you are doing now.

maybe you are a deity, and we have been warned...

• Like 1

Yes, for example Muhammed got tricked by the "Deity" Allah, who is really a negative spirit.

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

soaring crane thanks for the recommendation, I will look for that book.

Seeker of the Tao thanks for the explanation. I have read stuff about that a year ago, and forgotten some important facts.

I guess that deities can be both good and bad, depends about the deity. Bagua and Isimsiz I guess that you both were right.

• Like 1