maki

Search for an special type of meditation

Hi,

I'm looking for an type of meditation with that we can talk to spirit guides and the Divine. I want to find out how can we get informations through meditation (like advices that help us to progress in our meditation skills etc.).

Hi,

I'm looking for an type of meditation with that we can talk to spirit guides and the Divine. I want to find out how can we get informations through meditation (like advices that help us to progress in our meditation skills etc.).

Thank you for your responds. Maliks it's something that you can achieve with meditation, I thought it's possible to achieve it through the opening of the 3th eye, but I'm not sure. That's why I have asked this. But thanks, I will look the hermetic thread

And gatito, I have posted it 2 times, because I thought that that are 2 different forums, so I expected different users

gaitito's point was this -- the forum contains numerous sub-forums and sub-sub-forums. You cross-posted in "Taoist Discussion" and "General Discussion" but the first meaningful reply you received actually suggested you might find answers in the "Hermetic and Occult Discussion" sub-forum, which is inside the General Discussion sub-forum. You also neglected completely the "Buddhist Discussion," "Vendanta Discussion" and "Taoist Magic Discussion" sub-forum (to name a couple).

Most frequenters are likely to check out a new thread with an interesting topic in the General Discussion sub-forum but a Buddhist might not bother to open a meditation thread in the Taoist Discussion sub-forum (and vice versa...) Unless you are specifically interested in only Taoist feedback, the General Discussion sub-forum seems like the most productive location.

Our friendly neighborhood magician has already taken care of it!

:)

Thanks for the explanation Brian. I guess I should move this post then on the budhist sub-forum

Thanks for the explanation Brian. I guess I should move this post then on the budhist sub-forum

Pleeeze dont do that. Please, do not. i beg of you....

:D

• Like 3

Hi,

"Spirit guides" are really just trickster hungry ghosts.

Read Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts which says:

"No matter how I mulled over the range of possible explanations, I always returned to the premise that the voices and their distinct personalities were generated by mischievous, and possible malevolent, discarnates. "

"But most of all I pondered the significance of the lying and manipulations channeled in the exalted name of guides and spiritual teachers and camouflaged as love, wisdom and solicitousness."

"Every reference that I uncovered concerning earthbound spirits seemed to fit the channeling phenomenon at large......These earthbound spirits or, in Tibetan Buddhist phraseology, pretas or "hungry ghosts." are individuals whose minds, at the point of physical death, have been incapable of disentangling from desire."

"....evolved nonphysical entities influence humanity telepathically, without speech.......The discarnate spirits who are making themselves available though channeling are united in their desperate need for love."

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 2

I nearly choked on my salad, CT! :)

its a fine line 'tween 'nearly' and 'did'.

Glad it wasn't the latter, Brian.

(whew!)

• Like 1

Pleeeze dont do that. Please, do not. i beg of you....

Probably the best piece of advice that you'll ever receive on TTBs :)

And gatito, I have posted it 2 times, because I thought that that are 2 different forums, so I expected different users

Sorry maki

I thought that you'd get quite a lot of replies back from this question and that it would turn into a very interesting discussion, which would then have been taking place in two different locations with ensuing confusion.

I think that your best bet will be to leave it in General Discussion for a while and see what pops-up - if that doesn't work out then try some other spots - (but bear in mind CTs excellent advice :D )

In answer to your question: one possibility is Surat Shabd Yoga - although it's not the point of the practice and you may not come across any in your travels.

Incidentally, why do you want the advice of discarnate entities?

• Like 2

That's not very polite forum etiquette. So now they are merged into one :).

• Like 1

Question occurred to me too, gaitito. Seems most people advise avoiding that sort of interaction (except perhaps within a lineage) as many such entities are not to be trusted.

• Like 2

Hi,

I would recommend finding a good and qualified teacher for this.

• Like 1

Question occurred to me too, gaitito. Seems most people advise avoiding that sort of interaction (except perhaps within a lineage) as many such entities are not to be trusted.

Sort of like walking into downtown and trusting the first person you meet, but you have a blindfold on, so cannot even see body language or how they are dressed.

Of course some folks were just born with it and do it naturally, with varying results.

• Like 3

Your question has been answered by BKA

I would recommend finding a good and qualified teacher for this.

You do indeed need to watch your ass with this stuff - make sure that you do your due diligence and once you've done that, do it again a few times just to be sure.
  • Like 1

its hard enough to have a decent conversation with my neighbors, let alone with nameless, faceless entities.

i'd leave it to the folks at Mensa to conduct a meaningful dialogue with them. That would be a howl to watch, wouldn't it?

• Like 3

Hi,

If you specifically want advice on how to progress in meditation, then you don't need a spirit guide, there are some very useful human ones.

What kind of meditation are you trying to develop?

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses. I won't move this post then.

I have tried to find a good teacher, but it's really hard. I don't know where to search anymore.

I wanted to talk to a spirit guide or the Divine, because I have read on many forums, and heard from a lot of people that they became some informations from meditation. Like how to progress in one type of meditation, what will happen to them soon etc.

First I wanted to train Mo Pai, but It's really hard to find a good teacher, that isn't a scam, and I found out that it's possible to achieve the same abilities like in Mo Pai from practicing another type of meditation. So now I want mostly to meditate on chakras. What types of meditation are you practicing?

Hi maki,

In my experience, being able to sense spirits has been a result of my meditation, rather than a reason for it. I have never sensed a single one which could have been beneficial but I have picked up on two or three which were evil and can (and did) cause illness and death.

In one case I was out walking in a forest and came to a bridge. I relaxed into samatha, as the flowing water below helped. It was a beautiful sunny day but I became aware of a dark force. It was a shock to feel it, as it was so strong. When I looked up I saw a willow tree near by at the water's edge. The spirit was in it. I didn't hang around.

Two years later I did the same walk again and was curious what I would find on the bridge. The force was no longer there but the tree was completely dead.

On another occasion, when on holiday, we were staying on the top floor of a flat. On arrival we checked out the two bedrooms. I sensed a malevolent presence in the corner of one of them, so I put my kids in the other room and my wife on the side of the bed away from it.

I generated as my Yidam and drew the mandala. No spirits mess with HYT Yidams, especially mine and they don't like being seen by us. The thing was Pig-Like and full of anger but it left us alone.

We discovered that the wife of the landlord was recovering in hospital from cancer. She came back during our stay and we talked. She was frail but getting better and a nice lady. A month after we left she was dead. The spirit did not harm him but was jealous of her. How could I even tell them (or anyone else) about something like that?

It's the first time I've ever mentioned this, but I think there are people here who will understand it.

Other spirits are neutral and merely observe, they only operate on a shallow level and cannot access deep samatha, so you can get no useful information from them.

I personally wouldn't go anywhere near them.

In terms of chakra meditation, perhaps people here can advise. My main method is absorption into samhadi, which I got to by following anapanasati. Chakra meditation is not my strong point.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Hi,

If you are a medium or if you have a medium friend, you can do it without meditation. But I do not recommend as you will 99% get obsessed. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsession_(Spiritism))

If you are not a medium, you can never gain that ability by meditation.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri
  • Like 1