Jox

Lama Lar Short

Seems that some very well known masters today, learned or still have been learning from Lama Lar Short. Which system or method does he teach ...

Best, Jox :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Seems that some very well known masters today, learned or still have been learning from Lama Lar Short. Which system or method does he teach ...

Best, Jox :)

That is a very complicate question.

I read a biographical profile of him somewhere a while back, and he studied a large number of different martial and meditation systems. I think that he created his own school eventually based on these studies.

I believe that one of his teachers was Rudi (aka Swami Rudrananda aka Albert Rudolph) an American from NY who went to India back in the early 60s and was associated with Muktananda. He died in a plane crash in the early 70s. A few teachers are carrying on his lineage.

I think that he also studied quite a bit with Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and maybe Kalu Rinpoche.

I took a series of classes on Flying Crane (i.e. Soaring Crane) Qigong from one of his former students a few years ago. He sounds like an interesting character.

• Like 1