Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Microcosmic Orbit, why is "The Reversed Way" more easy for me?

Hello,

I am abit curious and I lack of knowledge about Qi Gong and The Microcosmic Orbit in general. From this perspective of my life here I am very new to Qi Gong and everything that goes with it (cant speak for other lives) but it all feels very easy to handle for me and I do not walk against walls or have to try to hard to perceive certain aspects of "beginners energy flow".

I am (re)learning the Microcosmic Orbit via the teachings of Mantak Chia and he states that one should do the Orbit down the Functional Channel (front) and up the Governor Channel (back).

The funny part starts here: Intuitively I want to do it the other way around and it feels much much much more easy for me to do it like breathing in (up the front) and breathing out (down the back). Basicly the complete opposite of what Mantak Chia is teaching.

Is there even anything you can do wrong here?

I have heard several people speaking (not directly about the orbit but about energy practices) that I can be lethal to do certain aspects wrong and that one can drain ones life force by doing so. But I assume one has to be totally out of balance in order to Not feel the approaching "doom" so to speak when doing such a lethal action.

What benefits are there when I do it the refersed way?

Is there anything wrong with it?

Can I continue learning it that way?

Or should I do it the regular way? In which it really requires effort for me since I feel my breathing gets all messed up with it. I feel like I have to "push" it up my back. While on the other hand when I do it refersed, everything flows easily and a tangible energy flow is felt instantly that way.

Can you please shed light on this issue?

Thank you very much!

In workshops with Michael Winn, the head of healing tao USA and one of Mantak Chia's main students, he's said to go ahead and do the Microcosmic orbit in the reverse direction if that feels more natural or comfortable. I've also heard of Max, the main teacher of Kunlun, talk of doing the microcosmic orbit in reverse.

Perhaps others can speak of the specific benefits of doing it in reverse. Or what it means that you find that easier. What I can say for sure is not to worry about it. Do whatever feels right to you in the moment knowing that can change over time.

Two cents,

Liminal

• Like 1

It's important to have a real teacher...and also to recognize that leading qi around can be harmful. I basically recommend that you don't practice these methods. I used to, and choose not to anymore due to the damage it can do, despite it being a very powerful and cool method...actually I was practicing reverse orbit back then.

Regardless...the reverse way is cooling, gives an uplifting and opening feeling, is for spirituality, and drains your energy. The forward way is more heating, more for health and building qi, and doesn't take energy so much but still does a little. I think it drains your yuan qi to be circulating your post-heaven qi with your intention.

Something to think about is that the front conception channel's natural flow is upward. So is the governing channel in the back. They both flow up naturally! When you go against the natural flow, it will create counterflow qi there and basically disturb the function of that meridian...huge health problems.

It's important to have a real teacher...and also to recognize that leading qi around can be harmful. I basically recommend that you don't practice these methods. I used to, and choose not to anymore due to the damage it can do, despite it being a very powerful and cool method...actually I was practicing reverse orbit back then.

Regardless...the reverse way is cooling, gives an uplifting and opening feeling, is for spirituality, and drains your energy. The forward way is more heating, more for health and building qi, and doesn't take energy so much but still does a little. I think it drains your yuan qi to be circulating your post-heaven qi with your intention.

Something to think about is that the front conception channel's natural flow is upward. So is the governing channel in the back. They both flow up naturally! When you go against the natural flow, it will create counterflow qi there and basically disturb the function of that meridian...huge health problems.

Thank you very much for your concerns. I have to stick to these practices, I know when to stop and I know that I can never force anything.

My approach to Chi / Qi Gong and everything new that has to do with energy is that I approach it with Respect and A Clean Intention that is Life Affirming. This is important in my eyes.

I hope you are well now? All the best to you.

@liminal_luke: Thank you for your experience, I appreciate it. I always do what feels good to me but I have "voices" or whatever I should call it.. thought patterns.. that are full of critique and critical concerns sometimes. That is the only issue for me.

After a heavy life force depletion I would call it.. early last year when my family broke apart.. at the same time when my heart opened and I literally found hell infront of me.. feeling-wise I had days when I was filled with a feeling of responsibility. I felt much more mature than I do now again. But it slowly comes back. I assume that was an increased flow of energy inside my system and with it new knowledge that possibly can or could only be applied with said tangible responsibility.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

It is my understanding that generally it is easier for women to do it the reverse way (up the front channel) while men go up the back channel.....but that is not always the case. It's easier to move my flow in the reverse as well....I attribute to this the fact that I have many feminine tendencies even though I am a dude.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

The raising of energy up the spine allows the back muscles to drop and the dropping of energy down the front combined with the raising up the spine allows the front to physically lift slightly. Going in reverse helps with the physical part as you aren't going against it. That doesn't mean that you are actually energetically going in reverse. If I think of my hand then it suddenly appears there but I didn't create it. It's just the awareness that you feel. Either that or tension. I've found that most of the time if I think I'm feeling chi it's actually not chi at all. Awareness or creating a flow of microtension.

It is my understanding that generally it is easier for women to do it the reverse way (up the front channel) while men go up the back channel.....but that is not always the case. It's easier to move my flow in the reverse as well....I attribute to this the fact that I have many feminine tendencies even though I am a dude.

My 2 cents, Peace

I can refer to that, thank you.

The raising of energy up the spine allows the back muscles to drop and the dropping of energy down the front combined with the raising up the spine allows the front to physically lift slightly. Going in reverse helps with the physical part as you aren't going against it. That doesn't mean that you are actually energetically going in reverse. If I think of my hand then it suddenly appears there but I didn't create it. It's just the awareness that you feel. Either that or tension. I've found that most of the time if I think I'm feeling chi it's actually not chi at all. Awareness or creating a flow of microtension.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Update: I just did the full season on how to open the MCO with the help of Mantak Chia's teachings and after ~1,5hours until I was done with the entire exercise I felt it fully open. The energy current was easy to perceive. Especially it flowing upward my spine and skull.

I do not know why I went so much solely with the breathing first and did not touch all the points with my hands and spiral right from the beginning. When you make this connection and take your time with it, at least for me, all opens. "All opens" in my language is now that.. nothing popped open or what so ever, I simply can feel how something..energy..a current I can send with my mind down my front and up my spine. It tingles and feels very good, rich and healthy. The tangible knowing of "something important is going on" I feel aswell. This current can also flow by itself.

Wonderful. Now for the regular integration.

Thank you again to all of you.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

What benefits are there when I do it the refersed way?

Is there anything wrong with it?

Careful, son!

Doing the MCO the reverse way can make you GAY!

mantak_chia.jpg

mc01.jpg

img_0565.jpg

ChiaAnanda3.jpg

Edited by Dorian Black

Sign in to follow this