Sign in to follow this  
skydog

higher self is chakra above the head...

so if one is acting according to their higher self, they are keeping this chakra open, I use the word chakra only as a concept to describe what I am talking about, like any of the chakras an open heart or open root will affect the entire rest of the body, but sometimes one needs to focus less on one and more on something else...so higher self is fulfilling destiny, "life purpose" etc..

• Like 1

Good post.

It is not the higher self, but it is a developmental point to link with higher self. Dan Tian, Heart, Dan Mo, and the energy center you are speaking of all require harmony in order to link with higher level self. Which is why I recorded the Sequential method, as this helps a person with a sequential developmental harmony of all these energy centers in order to, as you say, fulfill life purpose. I believe that a gradual approach to this is better than an attempt to "go directly there" as we must first burn through filters in order to have this "developmental harmony" of linking with the higher level self.

• Like 9

The Self is that which is reading these words.

It is self-evident that It exists and that It knows.

What appears to be lost is that It is also bliss.

It is already limitless - and eternal.

Can anyone find an edge or limit or boundary to that which is reading these words?

Good post.

It is not the higher self, but it is a developmental point to link with higher self. Dan Tian, Heart, Dan Mo, and the energy center you are speaking of all require harmony in order to link with higher level self. Which is why I recorded the Sequential method, as this helps a person with a sequential developmental harmony of all these energy centers in order to, as you say, fulfill life purpose. I believe that a gradual approach to this is better than an attempt to "go directly there" as we must first burn through filters in order to have this "developmental harmony" of linking with the higher level self.

Ah yes, good post. Yes, I like the sequential gift of the tao sequence...

I agree in that generally a gradual approach is best, but depending on ones ability to connect with their higher self, sometimes I just like to connect directly there, with poetry, or art or music, or dance or play or doing something I enjoy. Kind of like what I was reading about the sufi path was very much to do with poetry and music as "a way of connecting to god"

Sometimes I have done a fair amount, or what I feel is "enough" Qigong, and connection to my body, and heart, but still feel some disconnection so listening it just feels right to jump there, but I dont feel like Im jumping, I feel like Im usually my higher self and occasionally disconnect. This is not as easy for some people, and not as nice or comfortable for them to do, but I guess it depends on the person, and there current situation.

I dont think I am the only one who knows of this, eg the method of talking to ones self or higher self. I think this is a form of Qigong too

regards

sinan

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

and yes, one is "the emptiness" but one is also there higher self, there human self. Whatever suits certain people, but for me, I dont espouse to the neglect your humanity and soul and just be empty for me, this kills my soul and higher self.

Śūnyatā, (Sanskrit, also shunyata; Pali: suññatā), in Buddhism, translated into English as emptiness, voidness, openness, spaciousness, is a Buddhist concept which has multiple meanings depending on its doctrinal context. In Mahayana Buddhism, it often refers to the absence of inherent essence in all phenomena. In Theravada Buddhism, suññatā often refers to the not-self (Pāli: anatta, Sanskrit: anātman) nature of the five aggregates of experience and the six sense spheres. Suññatā is also often used to refer to a meditative state or experience.
The Pali canon uses the term emptiness in three ways: "(1) as a meditative dwelling, (2) as an attribute of objects, and (3) as a type of awareness-release." The Suñña Sutta, part of the Pāli canon, relates that the monk Ānanda, Buddha's attendant asked,
It is said that the world is empty, the world is empty, lord. In what respect is it said that the world is empty?" The Buddha replied, "Insofar as it is empty of a self or of anything pertaining to a self: Thus it is said, Ānanda, that the world is empty.
According to Thanissaro Bhikku:
Emptiness as a quality of dharmas, in the early canons, means simply that one cannot identify them as one's own self or having anything pertaining to one's own self...Emptiness as a mental state, in the early canons, means a mode of perception in which one neither adds anything to nor takes anything away from what is present, noting simply, "There is this." This mode is achieved through a process of intense concentration, coupled with the insight that notes more and more subtle levels of the presence and absence of disturbance (see MN 121).
The Prajna-paramita (Perfection of Wisdom) Sutras taught that all entities, including dharmas, are only conceptual existents or constructs.
Though we perceive a world of concrete and discrete objects, these objects are "empty" of the identity imputed by their designated labels. The Heart sutra, a text from the prajnaparamita-sutras, articulates this in the following saying in which the five skandhas are said to be "empty":
Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
Emptiness is not separate from form, form is not separate from emptiness
Whatever is form is emptiness, whatever is emptiness is form.

That is if one wants to accept Buddhist doctrine as the final say, which ime has it's own major problems in meaning.

• Like 1

That is if one wants to accept Buddhist doctrine as the final say, which ime has it's own major problems in meaning.

Im not sure why you would have to accept it as "final say". I was just trying to provide some context as to why people might even use the word "emptiness" to begin with.

I really have no interest in these (wonderful?) sectarian disputes you fellows devote so much time to. But by all means, enjoy yourselves.

9th, From your "you" I take it to mean anyone?

Well there lots of sectarian issues going on or in effect among all the major and minor (so to speak) religions. I don't get to far into such disputes when they arise but then again I think one should have some background information about such for their own sake...

9th, From your "you" I take it to mean anyone?

Well there lots of sectarian issues going on or in effect among all the major and minor (so to speak) religions. I don't get to far into such disputes when they arise but then again I think one should have some background information about such for their own sake...

Right, Im not sure why anyone would need to accept it as final say, but since you were the one who brought it up, that may apply more to you than someone who was not planning on doing so in the first place.

Background information is what I am trying to provide. Plenty of people take wisdom teachings and self-cultivation methodologies so forth for granted without any sort of investigation into the origins and source of particular terminologies and theories in regards to the larger community of knowledge from which they appear. Often they do not even investigate these theories in their own specific context or school, but rather jump to very personalized conclusions derived from very limited personal views.

For instance, perhaps you would share your thoughts on Buddhism's "own major problems in meaning"? I am quite interested to hear this.

Edited by skydog

Figure it out.

That chakra shit is nothing but garbage. Millions of years of death is a fucking issue. Never put anything alien in your body, it is a fucking issue. Are you going to be people or sheeple.

Fuck that shit.

• Like 1

Figure it out.

That chakra shit is nothing but garbage. Millions of years of death is a fucking issue. Never put anything alien in your body, it is a fucking issue. Are you going to be people or sheeple.

Fuck that shit.

Hi Lino, what do you belive in ? Just curious. I havn't had any experiences with chakras and I dont really bother doing practices for them. The buddhist's, hindu's, new agers, etc., talk about them all the time. Even some Christian mystics warn against intentionally energizing certain chakras prematurely as these should be left up to the holy spirit for activation (it supposedly knows what it best for you).

Edited by chegg

Edited by skydog

fuck fuck motherfuck

you fucking motherfucker

i am so awesome

well my swearing was mainly towards lido.

Not towards you or anyone else really.

I just felt a fair amount of disrespect and people dont seem to understand humility.

And its typical.

and yeh I'll swear if I want,

Edited by skydog

my incredibly amazing poem was mainly towards both of you

and yeh im hard, yo

Edited by skydog

Sign in to follow this