Everything

Turning into a tree - need advice

I want to become a tree, still be able to walk and communicate with human beings. So I become this tree, but my friends say I still look like a human and it annoys me like hell! Like how do I become a tree then? I've tried everything! I've tried talking about my desires on the web, I tried talking about it on the forums. Nothing helps! Please help

Reveal to me the secrets of the Taoist Sages ability to become a tree.

I've already done so much research on this!

My conclusion is:

To experience without intention is to sense the world;

To experience with intention is to anticipate the world.

I am a tree, look. I've got nothing to do. I'm just chilling here, and I sense it's getting moist. So now I intent for my legs to walk and behold, there is movement! I can anticipate where I am going! My beloved Taoist Sage, I wish I could suck yoo dick fo dollah, but my friends say I still don't look like a tree! Where did I go wrong?! Oh god, please help me!

aww, i had hoped this thread wasn't a troll! :lol: i would respond seriously

If awesome threads can end up in the pit, no reason why trolling threads can not end up awesome :).

• Like 2

Turning into a tree, hmnnn.

You'll have to leaf your beliefs behind.

Root out negative thoughts.

Make your bark worse then your bite.

and do lots of zhan zhang.

• Like 5

I want to become a tree, still be able to walk and communicate with human beings. So I become this tree, but my friends say I still look like a human and it annoys me like hell! Like how do I become a tree then? I've tried everything! I've tried talking about my desires on the web, I tried talking about it on the forums. Nothing helps! Please help

My conclusion is:

I am a tree, look. I've got nothing to do. I'm just chilling here, and I sense it's getting moist. So now I intent for my legs to walk and behold, there is movement! I can anticipate where I am going! My beloved Taoist Sage, I wish I could suck yoo dick fo dollah, but my friends say I still don't look like a tree! Where did I go wrong?! Oh god, please help me!

You look somewhat like a tree to me, if that helps...

• Like 1

My conclusion is:

I become a tree in my daily practice. I sit in a forested area near my house and empty my mind of all thoughts, letting go of everything in my life. As my mind fades, I'm watching the nature around me. Sitting on the bare earth gives me communion with the earth. I peacefully watch the breeze playing with the branches and tall grasses, I listen to the symphony of nature surrounding me.

After a blissful while, my mind becomes quieter and quieter and I slowly cut off my senses of sight and hearing. Being in contact with the earth fills my body with chi. As I sit in half-lotus, my body feels infused with a tranquil energy. It feels like I'm sitting inside a blissful "ball" of energy. This is not an energy that makes me hyper--but an energy that quiets my body and mind into stillness.

I become, in a sense, like a tree. As I sit there, I have no more purpose than a tree does. While I'm meditating there, I've given up everything that makes me me.

Or perhaps I'm more like a log. As Taoist Yoga says, "After sitting, the body should be senseless like a log and the heart (mind) unstirred like cold ashes." And I'm getting pretty good at it.

• Like 3

I touch most trees that come within reach...

high five em as I walk down the streets of LA...

There's one tree in a nearby park, I have long, barefoot, intention-breath conversations with on a regular basis...

Recently I became lucid in a dream, where I was inside an egg, that was inside a tree, running the MCO...

roots seeking deeper
branches arching to the light
dancing with the wind

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

If you really want to become a tree, I can't give you any advice but to wait for death, and hopefully the next incarnation.

Turning into a tree, hmnnn.

You'll have to leaf your beliefs behind.

Root out negative thoughts.

Make your bark worse then your bite.

and do lots of zhan zhang.

... maybe he needs to branch out a little ....

• Like 4

just any random tree?

isnt there a specific type of tree you yearn to become?

once a native american indian who felt he didnt quite fit into the tribe so functionally

decided to become the first cedar tree and this way was able to provide great benefit for his fellow humans.

very imaginative of him to create a new type of tree, but is there an existing tree

already, that you would rather become?

• Like 2

9th, on 20 Nov 2011 - 14:04, said:snapback.png

A certain carpenter Shih was travelling to the Ch'i State. On reaching Shady Circle, he saw a sacred li tree in the temple to the God of Earth. It was so large that its shade could cover a herd of several thousand cattle. It was a hundred spans in girth, towering up eighty feet over the hilltop, before it branched out. A dozen boats could be cut out of it. Crowds stood gazing at it, but the carpenter took no notice, and went on his way without even casting a look behind. His apprentice however took a good look at it, and when he caught up with his master, said, "Ever since I have handled an adze in your service, I have never seen such a splendid piece of timber. How was it that you, Master, did not care to stop and look at it?"

"Forget about it. It's not worth talking about," replied his master. "It's good for nothing. Made into a boat, it would sink; into a coffin, it would rot; into furniture, it would break easily; into a door, it would sweat; into a pillar, it would be worm-eaten. It is wood of no quality, and of no use. That is why it has attained its present age."

When the carpenter reached home, he dreamt that the spirit of the tree appeared to him in his sleep and spoke to him as follows: "What is it you intend to compare me with? Is it with fine-grained wood? Look at the cherry-apple, the pear, the orange, the pumelo, and other fruit bearers? As soon as their fruit ripens they are stripped and treated with indignity. The great boughs are snapped off, the small ones scattered abroad. Thus do these trees by their own value injure their own lives. They cannot fulfil their allotted span of years, but perish prematurely because they destroy themselves for the (admiration of) the world. Thus it is with all things. Moreover, I tried for a long period to be useless. Many times I was in danger of being cut down, but at length I have succeeded, and so have become exceedingly useful to myself. Had I indeed been of use, I should not be able to grow to this height. Moreover, you and I are both created things. Have done then with this criticism of each other. Is a good-for-nothing fellow in imminent danger of death a fit person to talk of a good-for-nothing tree?"

• Like 1

When meditating outdoors, I am aware of some trees being aware of me. The ones which shed their leaves sleep in winter though, go deeper, to a place my mind can't touch them.

• Like 1

However .... on a more serious note ... :)

I want to become a tree, still be able to walk and communicate with human beings.

Here is your first difficulty with your want; trees don't walk around ... so that aint gonna work ... the whole point of being a tree is being in one place for so long and observing the world pass by you ... note what Neophyte says ... he has success with the meditation but he is doing it one spot. It is like observing AND LEARNING from nature, it requires some length of time ... not just a few hours of 'snapshot' photograph ... I learnt that as at times I HAD to .just be still and in one place (spinal injury) so I set up a spot in the garden reading but also hours of observing nature, sky, birds etc.

So I become this tree, but my friends say I still look like a human and it annoys me like hell! Like how do I become a tree then? I've tried everything! I've tried talking about my desires on the web, I tried talking about it on the forums. Nothing helps! Please help

I would direct you to the works of Rudolf Steiner but I cant remember the reference ... it may be in 'The Theosophy of the Rosicrucian' ???? something like ' If you want to become more .... then acknowledge the Holy Love Lance and you will become as vegetative life ...' or something like that .... its somewhere in an old magazine I wrote an article for, I don't have a copy handy but it did raise my eye (Steiner raising a holy love lance :o )

My conclusion is:

I am a tree, look. I've got nothing to do. I'm just chilling here, and I sense it's getting moist. So now I intent for my legs to walk and behold, there is movement!

No no ! stick them back in the ground and take root!

I can anticipate where I am going! My beloved Taoist Sage, I wish I could suck yoo dick fo dollah, but my friends say I still don't look like a tree! Where did I go wrong?! Oh god, please help me!

Maybe you went wrong when you thought your calling was to be a tree?

Maybe it is to "suck yoo dick fo dollah " if so I have noticed many 'positions vacant' advertised on the local job notice board

( ie. the back of the door in the public toilets in town).

Good luck with your meditations

You just made yourself EXTRA yummy ! :D

*like* :D

And just to be specific those large yummy original sort of mangos we have around, not those newfangled smaller ones which just don't taste half as good!

Here is your first difficulty with your want; trees don't walk around ... so that aint gonna work ... the whole point of being a tree is being in one place for so long and observing the world pass by you ...

Crap, mango treeness is not conducive to Bagua circle walking! :(

• Like 1

walking round the tree is very bagua,,,,,

yeats expressed by mckinnett

two trees maybe one walks and one doesnt

• Like 2

walking round the tree is very bagua,,,,,

yeats expressed by mckinnett

two trees maybe one walks and one doesnt

Definitely appropriate :)

I had no idea Yeats wrote this originally, awesome! :) Always liked her singing.

*like* :D

And just to be specific those large yummy original sort of mangos we have around, not those newfangled smaller ones which just don't taste half as good!

STOP IT !

Damn! Now I have to go to town to get mangoes!

PS. smaller skinney ones .. ptooey! I like the big juicy curvey ones with the skin that .... ooops - excuse me :unsure:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Or perhaps end up like this ;)

100_1087.JPG

But with mangos! :D

W O W ! what a tree ! Looks like someone whipped a vortex around that one!

May favourite are pine trees love em ! They stimulate deep remembered imprints (good ones)

• Like 1