Sign in to follow this  
3bob

sparrows

In the Bible it mentions "God" cares about sparrows and human beings even more so, but one has to wonder considering our human history? (with us seemingly and largely being left to our own devices with all the drastic results such as war, poverty, repeated suffering, injustice, etc.... )

• Like 1

God gave us 'free will' ( I use this term loosely) and so god does not interfere with our decisions. To teach us lessons,however, he also gave us the law of cause and effect so we can realise that the hurting of others is bad and can come back and bite us on the backside. This will eventually wake us all up. Or as someone else put it......

"Each one of you now, according to the Law of Cause and Effect, is in the place the Total Wisdom (god) has placed you. You are not there by chance. You are obeying the Divine Plan placed in the circumstances, family, community and nation necessary to learn your next lessons.

In general, what are these lessons? To be patient -To be tolerant - To love. To love even those who stand against you. Let me put it a different way; to be a good Christian, or a good Buddhist, or a good Muslim. It's all the same. This is what we are teaching." (source: http://tinyurl.com/kf737lr)

I guess some people wake up early, some take time and some are really, really, really, really slow.

Edited by chegg

Hello Chegg,

I'm very familiar with the reasoning you've mentioned but after all these years it doesn't really add up...

I care about many things .... but do I DO much about it?

Not really ... I used to think I did , but in older age I am more realistic about my faults.

Its nice to know someone 'cares' though ... :blink:

And its nice to 'care about' the disadvantaged (cheaper and easier than tossing them a penny).

Ohhh ! You probably mean 'to care FOR' .... not 'to care ABOUT' ?

I made that mistake in my bible interpretation too ... ' but after all these years it doesn't really add up...'

- for humanity.

I always thought the this phrase was significant (whoever wrote it?);

Man is made by God, in God's image ... and God is made by Man, in Man's image.

When I do not hold an image and accept the care I do get, I get looked after very well ... as an individual ... most of the 'bad stuff' that has happened to me seems to be my doing ;)

But I am certainly NOT going to pat the less fortunate on the head and say "There , there, God will look after you". Or try to offer some theological justification.

I used to work in refugee relocation programme ... some of the stories !!! :( - no platitudes from me ... 'care FOR' has to do with actions - not theological platitudes IMO.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

I am very cautious about allocating 'karma' as source of current situations , it can be used in some cases for callous judgement of the unfortunate and egotistical affirmation of one's own place above others in good fortune. But I like the way YOU described it and added" even though its not the individual's fault that caused its current predicaments".

I find the core 'spiritual technology' of these prayers interesting (although not a Christian myself)

For me the 'magical technology' works just as well if I appeal to 'nature' ... over time I find the technology or technique more valid than any special form.

Then when I understand that I put it in the most appropriate form for me (which does consider my birth location, 'energy of country' { country in an indigenous sense}, genetics, etc.)

What is their source of these prayers?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Original sin doesn't add up for one thing, along with thousands of other items from the often automatically like accepted "Abrahamic" viewpoints. I'm all for finding some common ground among various paths but there comes a point where I feel that we can't roll everything into one big ball. (when such is not so)

• Like 1

When I get anywhere near the concept of original sin my hackles rise up.

It makes me want to wade in and start .... lets say ... smashing up the money lenders in the temple.

It stems from 'black gnostic' ( as in the path of black magick - not what most see as black magic but as one of the three schools; black white and red)

These are the people that ban sex as it can create life and more life is just more suffering (doesn't bode well for their future if they cant reproduce ).

What a sick idea original sin is ... even little kids tag it; "What? an innocent little baby is born in sin?"

I understand where it originates and the original concept / philosophy is distorted as well so that doesn't justify the idea..

I feel sorry for people who believe such things ... I feel anger at them when they try to infect the innocent with their ideas.

I (obviously) was bought up (well they tried to ) as a Roman Catholic ... what was even MORE stupid was the idea that, not only did you have original sin but any further 'sin' could be forgiven by mere confession ritual .... then more sin ... more confession ... just keep on going until you die and hope that when you die it is just after confession before you commit more sin ... or if your timing is wrong contact a priest and he will rush to your deathbed and do a final one ... and its straight to heaven for you.

I cant believe some people still believe in this sort of thing !

Bring back the good old days I say ! bring back plenary indulgence !!! (That's where you pay $$$ before hand to the priest to be forgiven for sins you haven't committed yet but most likely WILL commit in the near future. :blink:

A HEM ! Please excuse me ... I will put the angry Djinn back in his bottle and refit the stopper.

• Like 1

99.9999999...% of the whole of mankind is with karma.

and yes the Holy Spirit works in spite of man made or compromised institutions

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

I'm not a Christian, (so I'm beyond the pale for most of them) but I must say that whoever compiled Genesis did a very good job, it's just that 99.999% of people haven't got a single clue what it's about.

So, it's left to the religious fundies and scientific types to thrash it out whilst both are misguided about the actual contents. Genesis isn't really a tale of the creation and expulsion, it is a roadmap to finding gnosis - and a very good one at that (if not way too cleverly disguised for most folks).

You just have to know what you're looking for and it starts to open up. It took me years of study and experience in Buddhism and some knowledge of Shaivism to be able to see it, but it's all there.

Edited by yabyum24
  • Like 1

Hi Nungali, I understand how you feel on that one.

As far as the Catholic church goes, many years ago, I use to say to my wife "Why do you bother attending that crap-hole every Sunday". She would say, "It gives our family protection."

Please don't judge the church too harshly. You cant blame a blind man for walking into a ditch and accidentally leading 10 other blind people into the same ditch.

Church is also important for children in that it plants "a seed" in thier minds. The downside is that is restricts them in many ways as you mentioned.

If only you knew of the evil seeds that many of the members and clergy of the RCC and the concepts of that church itself and others and others have planted in the minds of children you would not have put it that way.

But God is not an idiot. He set it up that way for a good reason. A reason that I'm not too sure about yet. :wacko:

I hope you can then extricate yourself from this 'philosophical muddle'.

Here is a quote just for you.......

Q. What is Sin ?

Thanks, but I already know what Sin is;

"The word of sin is restriction."

and

" Nevertheless have the greatest self-respect, and to that end sin not against thyself. The sin which is unpardonable is knowingly and wilfully to reject truth, to fear knowledge lest that knowledge pander not to thy prejudices. "

• Like 1

By the way, what sort of evil seeds are you talking about ?? You sound like you got a pretty bad deal with the church. (but I hope not).

I find it hard to believe you do not know ... it is a world wide scandal there is a big government enquiry about it in my country. I will spell it out for you as plain as I can

Priests, whose spiritual duty and responsibility before God is to educate and lead their church members in a spiritual way and under the laws and rules of their own church culture ... and who were trusted by the parents and the small children ... took some of those children and

forced, made stood over them and had them suck their penises and they inserted things in the children's anuses and they molested and had sex with them ... sometimes at confessional times ... and the church covered it up and defended them and moved them to other churches and schools where they had fresh

victims.

Well ... look at that ... I found another definition of Evil ! (with a capital E )

... You asked me ...

( I stood up to them ... these sorts don't try it on those that will smash them in the face if they try it .... that's why they preach non-violence and to put up with c**p in life and get your reward and fairness later in 'heaven' .)

Edited by joeblast
well, since you ostensibly gave me permission to edit in spoiler tags...
  • Like 1

Nungali, let me introduce you to the SPOILER tag - use the normal brackets and include the word spoiler. (spoiler) disgusting details (/spoiler) except with brackets instead of parenthesis.

so then it makes it easy to hide such gross details that most people are not going to want to read.

:) Thanks!

-modstuff

• Like 1

I am not going to cover it up , the church or a moderator can do that.

I was asked a rather insensitive or naïve question. And here lies the truth in plain and clinical language (not rude or swearing ).

If I choose to start being rude or swearing then I will do as you ask. Thank you , in that case, for the instructions.

• Like 1

Excellent Nungali ! You get 5/5 blessings on the karmic-scale-of-good-posts. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I prayed day and night for justice to be served to those ###holes in the church. I even went further than prayer but will not mention it here as God is probably going to send me to the dark reaches of the lower astral.

My prayers were finally answered to some extent when the royal commission was announced.

Please note that I do not have first hand experience on this subject but it is one of the few things that makes my blood boil when I hear about it. My emotional body needs tempering :angry:

Love to you Nungali

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Did Jesus emotional body need tempering, did God send him to the dark reaches of the astral for turning the tables and whipping the money lenders out of the temple?

What do you think Jesus would do to the temple now if he came back and discovered the state of 'his' church?

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this