Sign in to follow this  
nea3

Hello

Hi,

My name is Bob, from California, brought to the Taobums after googling some words I was confused by in doing some of the practices in Charles Luk's Taoist Yoga. The answer, and even more than I could ever ask for, was explained clearly by Turtle Shell, who offered even more pertinent details.

Welcome Bob,

think that you will find lots of interesting threads here..

Basher

Thanks, Basher. I've stumbled across some fascinating discussions about Charles Luk and Taoist Yoga, and I guess I'm not the only one intrigued and sometimes confused by his translation, as clear as it is. There's seems to be lots of different ways to explore internal alchemy here, and I'm still trying to figure out where to jump in. One thing that has really surprised me is that there seems to be people here who may have had similar experiences to mine. Years ago I had a remarkable and confusing kundalini experience - I guess it could be described as shaktipat, which was compelling enough to get my attention, to say the least. I've never actually met anyone who had the faintest idea what I was talking about when I mentioned having an orgasm that "didn't come out". I tried my best to have the experience more, but I found I couldn't make it happen. I've slowly learned more about kundalini and qi, but have been confused by much, too, and mostly have had to rely upon experimentation. I was attracted by microcosmic orbit meditation described by Mantak Chia as something similar to my experiences, but either I wasn't ready for it or key pieces seemed to be missing. The internal alchemy described by Charles Luk is like a pot of gold.

Thanks, Basher. I've stumbled across some fascinating discussions about Charles Luk and Taoist Yoga, and I guess I'm not the only one intrigued and sometimes confused by his translation, as clear as it is. There's seems to be lots of different ways to explore internal alchemy here, and I'm still trying to figure out where to jump in. One thing that has really surprised me is that there seems to be people here who may have had similar experiences to mine. Years ago I had a remarkable and confusing kundalini experience - I guess it could be described as shaktipat, which was compelling enough to get my attention, to say the least. I've never actually met anyone who had the faintest idea what I was talking about when I mentioned having an orgasm that "didn't come out". I tried my best to have the experience more, but I found I couldn't make it happen. I've slowly learned more about kundalini and qi, but have been confused by much, too, and mostly have had to rely upon experimentation. I was attracted by microcosmic orbit meditation described by Mantak Chia as something similar to my experiences, but either I wasn't ready for it or key pieces seemed to be missing. The internal alchemy described by Charles Luk is like a pot of gold.

You may find Path Notes of and American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris a good and enjoyable book: http://www.amazon.com/Path-Notes-American-Ninja-Master/dp/1556431570/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383601966&sr=1-1&keywords=path+notes+of+an+american+ninja+master

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Hey Bob, glad you liked the explanation. To be clear, I don't actually fully know the methods...it's an outsider student's point of view of that book only. There are true teachers of Taoist neidan who have specific ways of the "laying the foundations" stage, which I'm not fully aware of.

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting that you should mention Glenn Morris's book . . . it's my current bed-time reading. It's entertaining. I started reading it after viewing some of Tao Semke's u-tube exercises, which are quite appealing, to see if the KAP course was worth the money. I picked up on Harish Johari's chakra meditation from their website book recommendations, and that's a wonderful exercise.

• Like 1

Turtle Shell, it was your concise description of moving the energy, up and down, from the LDT to the heart, that was particularly helpful, and not hard to do. It was something I had overlooked in the book, confused by some of the terminology. Where does one find these true teachers of neidan?

Interesting that you should mention Glenn Morris's book . . . it's my current bed-time reading. It's entertaining. I started reading it after viewing some of Tao Semke's u-tube exercises, which are quite appealing, to see if the KAP course was worth the money. I picked up on Harish Johari's chakra meditation from their website book recommendations, and that's a wonderful exercise.

:)

Very cool blog, OldChi. I've found the Tai Chi form to help me with karate forms, particularly with flow . . . being relaxed and alert. It's a matter of doing. Only then, with practice, does it becomes habit. Throw some stress in the mix, and it's tough, though not impossible, to keep that flow. Breathing is essential; normal reaction to stress is to hold one's breath. Of course that lesson extends beyond karate forms.

Sign in to follow this