1. 1. Prefered place to stay for the 4 days

• 2 star hotel
    • 3-4 star hotel
    • Rented house or 2, we all go in on it, price per bedroom
    • Camping!
    • Screw y'all I' sleeping on the beach for free
    • The youth hostel group private room @30 pp
    • Youth hostel dorm @30 pp

Anyone interested? I'd like to host one :). I have hosted many events in the past (not TTBs obviously), and they can be quite fun.

Since I travel quite a bit, the dates/places I'm available are quite limited though... and I have talked with a couple of others about which dates they might be free too....

So:

April 11-14, Monterey, CA

Monterey cause it has awesome beaches (and I know of some which are not used by others much, so good for any meditation/workings. Nice foresty parks too with also half decently secluded areas. Also it is within driving distance of at least a couple of important members (hint hint lol).

We can book a block of rooms at a hotel or 2 (one 2 star and one 3-4 star). Basically the rooms are reserved at a group/discounted rate, then each person phones the hotel to get their spot and give their info.

If interested please post here with preference of 2 or 3-4 star. 2 star $50-$60 usually, 3-4 star $100-120 usually. I stay in Monterey a LOT, so know some good hotels. Also perhaps house share for some folks if interested (cheaper, has kitchen too), PM me if that appeals to you.

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 3

Anyone interested? I'd like to host one :). I have hosted many events in the past (not TTBs obviously), and they can be quite fun.

If interested please post here with preference of 2 or 3-4 star. 2 star $50-$60 usually, 3-4 star $100-120 usually. I stay in Monterey a LOT, so know some good hotels. Also perhaps house share for some folks if interested (cheaper, has kitchen too), PM me if that appeals to you.

Sign me up

House would be cool

It's in my calendar

• Like 1

Exp the bickering, trolling and derailment live and in person!!!!!!

ROFL.

Well I have found that people in person tend to be nicer and more polite than people when on the internet, in general.

I have also noticed that TTBs members are way nicer via PM and email than on the boards.... soooo...

Well that and the warm sunny beaches and the best mexican food in north america, and half price chinese massage down the street should have everyone so relaxed and happy that there is no trolling, hehehehe.

• Like 6

i think i just might turn out for this. i'll definitely keep it in mind for the coming months.

might even be willing to workshop a little, exchange some teachings/practices.

if i do attend, i promise to play nice. :)

• Like 3

Oh workshops by members would be very awesome! We would most definitely learn a lot :). Thank you for the offer Hundun.

Anyone else?

Some technical info...

It is far less expensive to fly into SJC (san jose) and rent a car, or take the shuttle from there to your monterey hotel.

You can fly right into MRY (Monterey) though. However there are no direct flights to MRY unless you live in LA, SFC or SJC (or a couple of others in California). So you would likely have to do the connecting flight thing, and in this case sometimes it is just faster to do the SJC and then shuttle option.

Also, there is one problem, and that is fog. First thing in the morning, and after sunset flights into MRY are sometimes delayed or turned around (or not even leave the departing airport) due to fog. (it's a small town on the coast). Though fortunately April doesn't have much fog usually compared with other times of year. Also if there are fog problems, trying to fly out of SFC isn't always the easiest on a major airline, since each airline gets a turn flying out of the airport, and they allow less in fog. So an airline with 10 flights leaving that evening will only get 2 slots, and another airline with only 2 flights that evening will also get 2 slots. Just some stuff to think about so the trip goes off well.

Oh, and there is also a camping option at a local park if anyone prefers that idea.

I will also look into which beaches we can get away with a bonfire for one of the evenings, if there is interest :).

• Like 2

This seems like it would be a lot of fun if we can get a decent sized group together. I like the idea of having a lot of stuff to do outdoors too.

Yes I would love to practice some Bagua with you! :)

OK so I read into that what I wanted to read into that... lol.

Sounds like fun, I'm on the wrong shore for it...but its enough ahead of time...

Location, CT, that isn't too far :). I thought you meant UK for a moment there...

Yes many months advance notice so people can book time off work, save up $$ and so forth.

I could and would do this if nothing interferes.

Voted for the house. Will teach an Armenian coffee workshop every morning if there's a stove.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

I could and would do this if nothing interferes.

Voted for the house. Will teach an Armenian coffee workshop every morning if there's a stove.

Oh that sounds awesome :).

I always like it when folks get together with different knowledge and skills.

• Like 1

Meeting up with taobums is honestly one of life's greatest pleasures! You will remember it forever.

When there's a midwestern gathering I'll likely be there.

• Like 2

just wanna add that itll take me 2 months of saving just to make it to the bay area, so regardless of what people choose i will be roughing it outside anyways ;) id just be more comfy on a beach or forest instead of a city lol

At the very least, I'm sure one of us would have some spare floor space (slightly warmer).

Though camping is kinda tempting for me as well, think my tent is in Seattle, must look into this :>.

If family schedule allows it, I'd love to go.

In the past we were able to get some bums together by means of going to interesting seminars. Like Max's Kunlun or Ya Mu's Stillness Movement. While it'd be great to have a large get together especially in a place as beautiful as California. We should also let people know what seminars we're going to and see if we can't get smaller groups together there.

• Like 3

If family schedule allows it, I'd love to go.

In the past we were able to get some bums together by means of going to interesting seminars. Like Max's Kunlun or Ya Mu's Stillness Movement. While it'd be great to have a large get together especially in a place as beautiful as California. We should also let people know what seminars we're going to and see if we can't get smaller groups together there.

The only catch with seminars is that it usually doubles the cost... I know some bums will be really scrimping and saving to make it in the first place (and personally I stick to one path pretty much).

But yes, the more meets the better I figure :). I like the idea of at least one which is just to meet and free mini workshops by members who are willing.

Picking a workshop or two each year that many bums would like would be fun too though, west coast, east coast, UK, CANADA (heh).

Speaking of UK, would be cool if some folks did one over there as well.

• Like 2

just wanna add that itll take me 2 months of saving just to make it to the bay area, so regardless of what people choose i will be roughing it outside anyways ;) id just be more comfy on a beach or forest instead of a city lol

I'm guessing there's plenty of us who would be willing to chip in to get you there.

Yes!!!! Please sign me up! I can't think of anything more wonderful. I think a house or two would be great - more conducive to extemporaneous conversations.

• Like 1

Yes I'd definitely be willing to chip in a bit as well for anyone who really and truly cannot afford the airfare (and might even share my room if asked nicely and promised interesting conversation).

• Like 1