Sign in to follow this  
goatguy-too

Hi

Hello,

I am from Utah. I'm an old fart who hikes with goats. I have a google alert for the Gospel of Thomas so your site caught my attention with the GOT thread. Normally I don't join forums where it is discussed because usually there is more argument than observation of different viewpoints. You guys seem to generally keep thing polite.

If you wish, I believe I can contribute to a conversation on the matter. I believe I can show evidence that the GOT is someones notes, perhaps from the teaching of one of the apostles, on how to read the esoteric meaning of the Bible.

Although the author was less skilled than the apostles, he uses the same methods of hiding what he says in riddle. And he shares some keys on how to solve the riddles'; the hidden wisdom of the apostles. There may be some who do not wish to hear that it might support Christianity, and it isn't my purpose to argue with them or convince them of doctrine. Merely to propose a plausible view of the GOT with evidence to support that view.

Christians generally do not wish to hear it since they have convinced themselves that Got is Gnostic. I believe that if it is Gnostic, it is Gnostic only in the sense that Clement of Alexandria claimed to be ture Gnostic.

Other than this one thread it is doubtful that I could contribute much to your other interests of specific natures, but don't mind piping in on more general topics.

Thanks,

GG

Welcome to the forum Goatguy. I am sure that you will generate a great deal of interest here regarding the Gospel of Thomas and you will doubtless find some old threads on the subject as well.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/32344-the-intricate-you/#entry490440 This covers all that you need be aware of to get started.

Best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this