RongzomFan

Oxford scholar-Sri Mahant on Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi, Kechari mudra etc.

Didn't watch the first video but the one on Kechari is very basic and plain. He just tells the etymology of the name and physically what Kechari is. You could learn 2-3 times as much about Kechari by searching TTB, AYP (which he mentions in the video), or google for 11 minutes instead of watching this video.

I guess it is good though if you want to know about Kechari but don't know how to read or use google?

• Like 1

Didn't watch the first video but the one on Kechari is very basic and plain. He just tells the etymology of the name and physically what Kechari is. You could learn 2-3 times as much about Kechari by searching TTB, AYP (which he mentions in the video), or google for 11 minutes instead of watching this video.

I guess it is good though if you want to know about Kechari but don't know how to read or use google?

I prefer reputable and authentic sources of info than internet bullshit.

I prefer reputable and authentic sources of info than internet bullshit.

I wouldn't say that topics discussed on this forum are bullshit. If you think that way why would you even participate here? Also a lot of resources point to the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, would you call that bullshit?

I agree with you to a short extent. I always conduct further research on many topics I read on the internet and encourage everyone to do the same.

The main reason I would disagree with your last post is that you are claiming he is a reliable and authentic source... but he himself even claims in the video himself that some of his research came from AYP!

but he himself even claims in the video himself that some of his research came from AYP!

no he mentions that people cut the lingual frenum on AYP with cuticle scissors

I wouldn't say that topics discussed on this forum are bullshit. If you think that way why would you even participate here? Also a lot of resources point to the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, would you call that bullshit?

please stop embarrassing yourself.

The main reason I would disagree with your last post is that you are claiming he is a reliable and authentic source...

He is an oxford scholar and initiated mahant.

no he mentions that people cut the lingual frenum on AYP with cuticle scissors

Which he found out by researching on AYP.

He is an oxford scholar and initiated mahant.

Yeah he seems intelligent and I am sure he has a lot of insight. That is almost the exact reason why I was not impressed by the Kechari video, there is no real insight that he gives into the actual mudra! I think you are confused at what I was stating, got offended and this turned into more of an argument. Allow me to apologize, or better yet just clear up what I was trying to convey originally. I made my post because I didn't want other TTB members to spend 11 minutes if they already knew most of the basics of Kechari.

He really just tells the etymology of it, then tells the physical thing that happens ("tongue goes up above palate into the cavity behind the nose") , gives a very rudimentary description of how it's done, quickly describes amrita, bindu chakra, shaktichalana and kudalini, then talks about how people on AYP cut the frenulum. There is a little he mentions Kechari and human hibernation and Gene Simmons, but that is all.

I honestly think that you could learn twice as much about Kechari from typing "Kechari" into the search box on this site.

If you know nothing of Kechari and wish to hear some of the basics this is an alright video. But he offers no valuable personal insight, anecdotes or personal observation. For an oxford scholar and initiated mahant I really wish he would have added more than just a pretty basic rundown of Kechari.

Which he found out by researching on AYP.

Give it up.

For an oxford scholar and initiated mahant I really wish he would have added more than just a pretty basic rundown of Kechari.

Don't be cheap.

He has a book "Kecharividya of Adinatha"

http://www.amazon.com/Khecarividya-Adinatha-Routledge-Studies-Traditions/dp/0415391156

And then you can read the rest of his writings here:

http://www.khecari.com/styled/index.html

Edited by RongzomFan