Sign in to follow this  
Fa Gong Shakya

Wandering Dharmabum says Amitofo :-)

Hello everyone

Just thought I'd pop through ... I'm afraid my opinions regarding the cross-fertilisation of Chan (Zen) and Daoism were moderately unwelcome at a famous well-known Buddhist online forum , so I thought I'd come over to the other side of Bumriver and give my greetings, where I hear there is less of a love for the written and authoritative word :-)

I'm a priest of the Chan Buddhist tradition, and have always been a great lover of what seems to loosely be termed "philosophical Daoism". I'm also a psychotherapist and am interested in applying meditation techniques in a Western therapeutic context.

That's probably all that's relevant, looking forward to chatting every so often

Oh, Australian too, for those interested :-)

Amitofo

Fa Gong Shakya, OHY

Cooroona-Opal Sangha

I've come to realize that what I consider taoism is really a mish mash of Zen and some hand picked taoish philosophies. At least I have bum figured out :)

Welcome to the board, look forward to hearing from you..

Michael

[

I'm a priest of the Chan Buddhist tradition, and have always been a great lover of what seems to loosely be termed "philosophical Daoism". I'm also a psychotherapist and am interested in applying meditation techniques in a Western therapeutic context.

Welcome. The best blending of meditation and psychotherapy along with the body is what Phoenix Rising Therapy has been training people in. Personally I have found it very helpful and accessible.

http://www.pryt.com/

Special thanks to Sean for your link to The Mystique of Transmission. Your reference just opened up a stream of other connections that may be very significant for me.

Amitofo!

Welcome to Fagong Shakya.

Sign in to follow this