DalTheJigsaw123

It's hard to believe/understand in Reincarnation and Karma when?!?!

You got this type of stuff going on...

"<b>The Girl Next Door</b>."

"<b>The Afflicted</b>."

There are many more stories like it, but seriously, when reality hits you in the face, it's hard to understand humanity and to interpret what is going on in this world or outside of it.

• Like 1

Believing in reincarnation is not a prerequisite to liberation. Karma just means action, which requires intention (among other factors to make it complete).

• Like 2

Literal intrpretation of 'The 'Law' of Karma' , especially in the west certainly doesnt ,balance out the perversion that humanity can sink to (worse than the animals, as they say... when it happens) IMO

What? idi Amin has X x 1000 lives to complete yet that are full of cosmic retribution towards him?

For me if something is "hard to believe in' ... perhaps something is wrong with my interpretation of it ?

• Like 1

I have quarreled with the law of karma and reincarnation as well. Karma from what I have been able to deduce is just action and intention. There is no mystical cosmic police force setting things right or wrong , we do that by ourselves. However that does not mean that mostly good things happen to good people or that mostly bad things happen to bad people... Because good/bad are relative to one another.

Reincarnation always baffles me... If reincarnation exists than when was my first life? When was my second?

I think it's imperative to realize that these concepts are from ancient people who also worshipped the wind, cows, and other randomness... Not to say they're false as they can't be proven or disproven without dying or entering the afterlife.

Some of Robert Monroe's books offer some insight into reincarnation.

• Like 1

I have quarreled with the law of karma and reincarnation as well. Karma from what I have been able to deduce is just action and intention. There is no mystical cosmic police force setting things right or wrong , we do that by ourselves. However that does not mean that mostly good things happen to good people or that mostly bad things happen to bad people... Because good/bad are relative to one another.

Reincarnation always baffles me... If reincarnation exists than when was my first life? When was my second?

I think it's imperative to realize that these concepts are from ancient people who also worshipped the wind, cows, and other randomness... Not to say they're false as they can't be proven or disproven without dying or entering the afterlife.

Thank you! That helps a lot!

• Like 1

Believing in reincarnation is not a prerequisite to liberation. Karma just means action, which requires intention (among other factors to make it complete).

I like that!!

You should look into spiritualism, i.e. communications from dead people who come back during seances with physical mediums and actually physically materialize. Some good sites are montcabirol.com leslieflint.com felixcircle.blogspot.com . There are many audio recordings pictures and testimonials by credible people to be found to show that this stuff is real.

Now, the communicators from spirit explicitly state that there is such a thing as reincarnation (e.g. montcabirol recordings) and also cause and effect or karma or "every wrong has to be put right". Interestingly they also mention some people on the physical plane like us being able to dematerialize and teleport themselves, like it is written in the yoga sutras...

Hope this helps...

Edited by Maan

You should look into spiritualism, i.e. communications from dead people who come back during seances with physical mediums and actually physically materialize. Some good sites are montcabirol.com leslieflint.com felixcircle.blogspot.com . There are many audio recordings pictures and testimonials by credible people to be found to show that this stuff is real.

Now, the communicators from spirit explicitly state that there is such a thing as reincarnation (e.g. montcabirol recordings) and also cause and effect or karma or "every wrong has to be put right". Interestingly they also mention some people on the physical plane like us being able to dematerialize and teleport themselves, like it is written in the yoga sutras...

Hope this helps...

Joe Fisher came to the conclusion that such spirits are hungry ghosts i.e. trickster spirits.

Read the last chapters of Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts.

Edited by RongzomFan

Maybe adjust your thinking, sort of like this,

The "big you", sends the "small you", after mutual agreement prior to present incarnation, to 3D land

this agreement is to experience 3D life, both good and bad

grab as many credits as you can, per semester, and graduate early

Yeah, for me, this dogma is silly. It's just the same as believing that if you're bad, the hand of God will lay the smack-down and slam you into hell and eternal suffering.

I don't speak of Karma any more...I just use the term "Cause and Effect" to work with what is visible with the eyes.

• Like 1

Hope this helps...

Thank you!! Interesting!

Maybe adjust your thinking, sort of like this,

The "big you", sends the "small you", after mutual agreement prior to present incarnation, to 3D land

this agreement is to experience 3D life, both good and bad

grab as many credits as you can, per semester, and graduate early

Interesting!!

• Like 1

It is not a requirement to believe in anything - understanding the idea of reincarnation is pretty simple.

It is not true that you cannot know these things. Until you know you do not need to know and not knowing will not prevent your progression. But shutting yourself off from this view will be an impediment of some degree.

You speak with certainty about Karma but it is obvious that you have only read about it and now you state with certainty something regarding Reincarnation while in fact you actually know no more about it than you do regarding Karma.

It is a good thing to reserve belief - you do not need to have any beliefs - you can know.

Sometimes you will take a leap of faith - we do it all the time.

• Like 5

Any doctrine is incomplete.

Any doctrine can be turned into something fanatical.

I believe there is some truth in reincarnation and karma. However, they are just words to express a process that we, human beings, cannot fully comprehend (especially if we try to use our thinking minds).

• Like 2

There are many more stories like it, but seriously, when reality hits you in the face, it's hard to understand humanity and to interpret what is going on in this world or outside of it.

Think about your experience of life in this moment as you take one breath in, and one breath out. Now imagine a perspective where your entire lifetime is experienced as one breath. This may help you figure out why reincarnation is difficult to understand.

• Like 1

Any doctrine is incomplete.

Any doctrine can be turned into something fanatical.

I believe there is some truth in reincarnation and karma. However, they are just words to express a process that we, human beings, cannot fully comprehend (especially if we try to use our thinking minds).

Thank you!

It is not a requirement to believe in anything - understanding the idea of reincarnation is pretty simple. It is not true that you cannot know these things. Until you know you do not need to know and not knowing will not prevent your progression. But shutting yourself off from this view will be an impediment of some degree. You speak with certainty about Karma but it is obvious that you have only read about it and now you state with certainty something regarding Reincarnation while in fact you actually know no more about it than you do regarding Karma. It is a good thing to reserve belief - you do not need to have any beliefs - you can know. Sometimes you will take a leap of faith - we do it all the time.

That was very beautiful!! Thank you for that!!

Think about your experience of life in this moment as you take one breath in, and one breath out. Now imagine a perspective where your entire lifetime is experienced as one breath. This may help you figure out why reincarnation is difficult to understand.

Interesting comparison!

Well, there isn't any need to believe or to understand Karma and reincarnation because......what are you supposed to do with the information anyway? Until your past life karma, at least one of the past life karmas, smacking you in the face, you need not to worry yourself over the concept. When does the past life karma emerge??? When you have un-clinged and resolved all of your present life karmas. Is a lot to go through. :) Think of anything you enjoy or not enjoy doing in this life time.....

Not sure about others but when your past life karma emerges, you are already a different person, for the best or worst...depending on how you resolve your past life karma. :) Remember, actions and reactions, balancing of good and evil, stretching out over several life times. Your will to change your karma maybe a bit very limited.

It can be difficult to accept and say yes to this aspect of life. Death. We kill to live and others kill to live, in one big cycle.

Veggie eating animals eat the plants, the Meat eating animals eat the veggie animals, Humans eat the Veggie animals and kill the Meat eating animals....

The plants eat all of the corpses. Big circle! hah. Its quite beautiful and intricate.

If you can start to see how the "painful" creates life, you may change how you feel about it and all of life in general.

Without the "pain", "pleasure" would not exist as we know it. Contrast, duality. Accept both sides of the coin.

The richness of life is gigantic! Its so full of wonder and texture! Not so much if you deny half of it, though.

Some thoughts.

Peace