Mudryah

Man lived to the age of 256

李庆远 (1677-1933)寿享256年是清末民初的中医药学者也是世界上著名的长寿老人。在他100岁时曾因在中医中药方面的杰出成就获政府的特别奖励在他200岁时仍常去大学讲学。这期间他曾接受过许多西方学者的来访。李庆远一生娶过24个妻子子孙满堂。

1933年活了256岁的李庆远与世长辞他先后共有24位妻子180位后人。当时的纽约时报与时代杂志都做了报道。按照这个年代推算他应该生于清康熙16年1677年先后历经了康熙、雍正、乾隆、嘉庆、道光、咸丰、同治、光绪、宣统九代至民国在世256年是世界上极罕见的长寿星。

长寿秘诀

保持一种平静的心态坐如龟行如雀睡如狗这就是李庆远留给后人长寿的秘诀指引。他始终认为保持一个平静安宁的心态是长寿所必须的。他的饮食主要以米饭和少量的葡萄酒为主。

他认为自己健康长寿的原因有三一长期素食二心静、开朗三常年将枸杞煮水当茶饮。

人物生平

在我国有文字记载的年寿最高者当数李庆远。他生于清康熙十八年死于民国二十四年(1679-1935)享年256岁。李庆远原籍云南省90多岁时到四川省开县定居一直到去世。膝下子孙满堂。由于他对中医中药尤其对养身、健身都有不凡的造诣和成就被人们誉为神仙。四川省开县籍的刘成勋曾于1925年专程拜访过这位老人刘的采访回忆文章发表在1986年第六期《气功》杂志上同时刊登的还有寿星李庆远口述的长生不老决约1000多字。老人去世后北京的一些报纸曾以地球上最长寿的人为题予以报道[1]。

清代有位百岁寿星李庆远他生前十分欣赏清代学者陆陇其的话足柴足米无忧无虑早完官粮不惊不辱不欠人债而起利不入典当之门庭只消清茶淡饭便可延年益寿。李庆远一生遵此妙诀称此真养生之妙诀益寿之良箴也。得此可长生不必采灵药炼金丹也。

李庆远认为人的寿命有长有短这是由元气所主宰的。元气又称原气禀受于先天而赖后天荣养而滋生。他形象地把爱护与不爱护元气比作蜡烛存放的位置。若是把点燃的蜡烛置于罩笼内则燃烧的时间长若置风雨中则时间必短或即熄灭。养生之道亦是如此。

他非常欣赏老子之言毋劳汝形毋摇汝精毋使汝思虑萦萦(缠绕)。寡思路以养神寡嗜欲以养精寡言语以养气。他说此中妙旨往往被不善养生之庸人所忽视。

他根据圃翁(古代一位善于养生的老人)的养生理论特别强调善养生者必以慈、俭、和、静四字为根本。

所谓慈即仁慈、慈爱也就是心地善良不害物不损人一片慈祥之心。这种慈祥、仁爱的快乐心情足以抵御各种灾害自然就可以使人健康长寿养其天年。

所谓俭即节省或节制之意。俭于饮食则养脾胃俭于嗜欲则聚其精神俭于言语则养其气息防止产生事非俭于交游则可择友寡过俭于酒色则清心寡欲俭于思虑则可免除烦恼和困扰。凡事省得一分则受一分之益。

所谓和即和悦之意。君臣和则国家兴父子和则家宅安乐兄弟和则手足提携夫妻和则闺房静好朋友和则互相维护。此为至祥之道也。

所谓静就是清静、冷静、安泰之意。也就是说身不过劳心不轻动(胡思乱想)。神伤甚于体伤神之不守体之不康。

李庆远在讲到自己的起居饮食时说食不过饱过饱则肠胃必伤眠不得过久过久则精气耗散。余生二百多年从未食过量之食亦不作过久之酣眠。

他还讲到生活细节的注意事项。提出凡细小之事人们往往容易急躁如此必然伤身。他告诫人们寒暖不慎步行过疾酒色淫乐皆伤身损伤之极即可亡身。所以按着先人的养生术行不疾行目不久视耳不极听坐不至疲卧不至极要先寒而衣先热而解要先饥而食先渴而饮食欲数而少不欲顿而多要无喜怒哀乐之系其心无富贵荣辱之动其念。此乃长寿之道也。

李庆远最后告诫说:"饥寒痛痒父母不能代衰老病死妻子不能替。只有自爱自全之道才是养生的准则和关键。"

吉尼斯世界纪录大全记录这是经过考证的。

• Like 1

My teacher sent me this. you might need to use google translate. But it tells of a man that lived to 256 years old by eating correctly, no alcohol, drugs, etc. and exercising regularly and some other information.

Li Qing Yuan ( 1677-1933 ) enjoyed 256 years Shou Qing Dynasty scholar in Chinese medicine is world famous longevity . In his 100 years old but had in the outstanding achievements of Chinese medicine is the Government's special award in his 200 years old is still frequented by university lectures. During this period he had received many Western scholars visit. Li Qing Yuan life married to his wife, children and grandchildren 24 .

1933 256 -year-old Li Qing live far died he has a total of 24 descendants of his wife, 180 . Then the New York Times and Time magazine have done a report . He should be in accordance with projections was born in this era of the Qing Emperor Kangxi in 1677 has gone through 16 years of Kangxi , Yongzheng and Qianlong , Jiaqing , Daoguang , Xianfeng , Tongzhi and Guangxu , Xuantong nine generations to the Republic alive 256 years of the world's rare longevity star.

Longevity

Maintain a calm state of mind , such as birds sit like turtles OK to sleep like a dog that is Li Qing Yuan for posterity the secret of longevity guidelines . He always believed that maintaining a calm and peaceful state of mind is necessary for longevity . His diet mainly of rice and a small amount of wine -based.

He believes that their health and longevity for three reasons of a long term vegetarian two calm , cheerful three perennial will wolfberry boil water when the tea.

Historical figures

In our country there are written records of highest when the number of Li Qing Shou far . He was born in the eighteenth year of Kangxi died twenty-four years ( 1679-1935 ) at the age of 256 years old. Li Qing Yuan origin Yunnan Province over 90 years of age to settle in Kai County, Sichuan Province, until his death. Knee many children . Because of his Chinese medicine especially for body, fitness have extraordinary accomplishments and achievements were hailed as gods . Kai County, Sichuan Province, Liu Chengxun membership was in 1925 made ​​a special trip to visit the old man had an interview with Liu's memoir published in 1986, the sixth " Qigong " magazine also published along with longevity Li Qing Yuan dictated immortality decision about more than 1000 words. Some of the old man died after Beijing newspaper once on Earth 's oldest man-made problems to be reported [ 1 ] .

Li Qing Qing dynasty centenary birthday very much appreciate his lifetime scholar Lu Qing Long enough firewood if their carefree early enough to complete the official grain rice is not scared do not insult people do not owe the debt sky Kadoba Lee Nothing pawn it takes only tea light meal can prolong life . Li Qing Yuan Miaojue call this life to follow this regimen Miaojue really good longevity of Proverbs also. This need not be taken too longevity elixir elixir also.

Li Qing Yuan that human life be long or short it is dominated by the strength . Also known by the intrinsic strength of the original gas in congenital and acquired Lai Rong- raising and breeding. He put the image of love and not love Genki likened candle store location. If the cover is placed lighted candles burning cage is a long time if the set time will be shorter if the rain or being extinguished. Regimen is also true.

I very much appreciate the words of his labor Ru Wu Jing Wu Ru -shaped not shake the thought- Ru Ying Ying ( wound ) . Few ideas to repose widowed widowed addictions to Yangjing speech to raise gas . He said that there is a world of Its Own is often mediocre neglected poor health .

He based nursery Weng ( ancient a good health of the elderly ) theory of health with particular emphasis on good health whoever Ci, thrift, and , as a fundamental static four words .

Namely the so-called mercy mercy , mercy that is not good-natured pest does not harm people a kind heart. This kind, loving happy mood enough to withstand natural disasters can make people keep their natural life span health and longevity .

Namely the so-called thrift savings or restraint intended. Jian Yu Jian stomach diet will keep you together in the spirit of thrift appetite speech is dependent on their breath to prevent non- thrifty things you can deal with them in making friends in the wine and women are widowed Guo Jian Jian ascetic minds may be waived in trouble and distress . Everything to save a sub- thirds by a benefit .

And that the so-called and Wyatt intended. Monarch and the National Lok Hing and his son and the brother and the family home, the couple and the boudoir foot and tie and is still good friends with each other maintenance. This is Chi Cheung Road also.

The so-called static is quiet , calm, Aetna intended. That body , but Auntie does not light moving ( cranky ) . The grief is very distracting in the body does not abide by the body 's health .

Li Qing Yuan spoke of their daily diet , said food , but eat too full stomach will hurt you can not sleep too long too long then refined gas dissipation. Rest two hundred years never eat too much too long for the food nor the refreshing sleep .

He also talked about the details of life considerations. Where the proposed small things people tend to easily irritable so inexorably beverages . He warned people accidentally walking through the cold and warm wine and women Yinyue illness are extremely pernicious damage to dead body . So according to our ancestors Regime spanking line does not mesh very soon , as the ear to listen to sit extremely tired lying without clothes Haner first solution first heat hunger and eat first before eating Keer do not want to want to count and less Washington and many of the lines to their hearts without emotions without moving their idea of wealth and honor . This longevity also.

Li Qing Yuan finally warned : " hungry itching aging parents can not substituting for dead wife can not and only self-love from the whole of the road is good health guidelines and key ."

Guinness World Records record of this is the result of research .

thanks to google translate.

• Like 3

So according to our ancestors Regime spanking line does not mesh very soon

we can tell, thanks :-)

And thank you Mudryah for the post. Yang Jwing-Ming has the story and photo of Li Qing Yuan in his book on muscle/tendon changing. Whether the story is accurate or not, the photo is just amazing!

• Like 1

"Regime spanking line does not mesh very soon "

Damn! I sorta suspected I was tying to mesh it too soon ... I should kick myself for not putting

" 'the image of love and not love Genki likened candle store location" ahead of that.

Last time I get on a spanking line!

Obviously I wont have a long life.

• Like 2

李庆远一生娶过24个妻子子孙满堂。(Li Qing Yuan life married to his wife, children and grandchildren 24 .)

The translator on google is not doing a very good job.

李庆远一生娶过24个妻子子孙满堂。

Li Qing Yuan in his life time married 24 times with many children and grandchildren.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

And thank you Mudryah for the post. Yang Jwing-Ming has the story and photo of Li Qing Yuan in his book on muscle/tendon changing. Whether the story is accurate or not, the photo is just amazing!

I knew I had seen this picture and heard the story before, but I placed it before I had read any Yang Jwing-Ming. Oh well, too many minor details to keep straight.

silly humour aside I agree with you.

Why is the bottom of picture blurred? ( No ... of course you wouldn't know that ? ...maybe he is holding an unrolled scroll with formula for secret immortality pills.)

长寿秘诀
  保持一种平静的心态坐如龟行如雀睡如狗这就是李庆远留给后人长寿的秘诀指引。他始终认为保持一个平静安宁的心态是长寿所必须的。他的饮食主要以米饭和少量的葡萄酒为主。

The longevity secret:
Keep yourself calm, sit like a turtle, walk like a bird, and sleep like a dog. That is the longevity secret he had left for his descendants. He thought keep calm is a necessity for longevity. His main diet was rice and a small amount of wine.

• Like 2

I have heard this story a many of times. Many books have their linage leading to this guy. Yang Jwing-Ming talks about him in his Bone Marrow / Tendon Changing Classic and there are a few Qi Gong books out there who say their Qi Gong is from this guy.

I have also read some criticisms of his story. Their many concern is that the records from the time when he was born are very poor and also the fact that in China, father and sons sometimes have the same name. So they say that there is no way to prove when he was really born and even if you follow all the official documents that have his name on them through the years (i.e. birth certificates, military enlistment, honors and so on) there is no way to prove it was the same guy and not his son, then grandson, etc..

I'm not saying I don't believe one way or the other, just wanted to put out there what I've heard about him.

Li Ching-Yuen or Li Ching-Yun (simplified Chinese: 李清云; traditional Chinese: 李清雲; pinyin: Lǐ Qīngyún; died May 6, 1933) was a Chinese herbalist that supposedly lived to be over 256 years old. He claimed to be born in 1736, while disputed records suggest 1677. Both alleged lifespans of 197 and 256 years far exceed the longest confirmed lifespan of 122 years and 164 days of the French woman Jeanne Calment. His true date of birth was never determined. He was reported to be a herbalist, martial artist, and tactical advisor.

• Like 1

Do you want to live for 200 years ? ;)

I want to die daily, for 200 years ;)

How about Wang Liping presumably saying that he will live for 150 years? He has 90 some years still to go, probably will outlive us all.

How about Yogi's who take a change of bodies as described by Swami Rama? When a good young body is dumped in a river it can be used to exchange for the Yogi's old and weary bones.

If one really wants to make a point and live for more than 300 years, like Mahamuni Mahavatar Babaji through several kalpas, then I guess it's possible, but most souls would want to move on to new experiences. Avatars like Babaji consent to endure life further here on Earth to render Karmic service.

That was one of the Qi Gong books I was thinking of in my earlier post. I actually have it but have been away from home for some months now so couldn't look for it. Not bad, I've learned the routine and tried for a few months pretty steadily.

Edited by hod

That was one of the Qi Gong books I was thinking of in my earlier post. I actually have it but have been away from home for some months now so couldn't look for it. Not bad, I've learned the routine and tried for a few months pretty steadily.

They say you have to practice it along with Taichi Qigong. Then it will give you more benefits. I suppose that first one should practice TQ and taichi and only then begin seated brocade qigong. I have all these qigong DVD's and books. Probably I will do it when I have time for it. I wanted to do it now but later I realized that it is only qigong and it is very questionable if it is spiritual. It's up to you what you are looking for. These qigongs are just practice with post-heaven qi and I wonder how it can give you longevity. As far as I know one must replenish pre-heaven qi in order to get long life as this pre-heaven qi determines our most inner "fuel" of life. It can not be received from the book or video IMHO. That man probably got spiritual transmission

from his teacher and we are talking of the longevity technique we should always remember this. For example the teacher of S.A. Olson lived "only" 102 years and he did not seem to get real transmission otherwise he would live rather longer. So they are cunning saying that you get the same technique on the DVD. IMHO. You must have spiritual teacher for such technique.

And I would think twice if it is worth to live that much. That might be good but maintaining the young appearance but not old body and face like shrunk vegetable. :)

How about Yogi's who take a change of bodies as described by Swami Rama? When a good young body is dumped in a river it can be used to exchange for the Yogi's old and weary bones.

If one really wants to make a point and live for more than 300 years, like Mahamuni Mahavatar Babaji through several kalpas, then I guess it's possible, but most souls would want to move on to new experiences. Avatars like Babaji consent to endure life further here on Earth to render Karmic service.

The problem is no one seen Babaji. They believe that Babaji is only symbol of the internal Guru who they called Babaji and that such real person never existed. This is just symbol of the Divine Avatar, not real looking young immortal person.

There were many people in India who called themselves Babaji but no one could maintain the young appearance. In Yoga there is another purpose - the immortality in Spirit but not in the body.

The physical immortality is the feature of alchemical taosim but this might have symbolical meaning imho. There are few levels of "immortality" in Taoism but they symbolize the phases of spiritual transformation rather than physical longevity. IMHO of course

• Like 2

李庆远 (1677-1933)寿享256年是清末民初的中医药学者也是世界上著名的长寿老人。在他100岁时曾因在中医中药方面的杰出成就获政府的特别奖励在他200岁时仍常去大学讲学。这期间他曾接受过许多西方学者的来访。李庆远一生娶过24个妻子子孙满堂。  1933年活了256岁的李庆远与世长辞他先后共有24位妻子180位后人。当时的纽约时报与时代杂志都做了报道。按照这个年代推算他应该生于清康熙16年1677年先后历经了康熙、雍正、乾隆、嘉庆、道光、咸丰、同治、光绪、宣统九代至民国在世256年是世界上极罕见的长寿星。长寿秘诀  保持一种平静的心态坐如龟行如雀睡如狗这就是李庆远留给后人长寿的秘诀指引。他始终认为保持一个平静安宁的心态是长寿所必须的。他的饮食主要以米饭和少量的葡萄酒为主。  他认为自己健康长寿的原因有三一长期素食二心静、开朗三常年将枸杞煮水当茶饮。人物生平  在我国有文字记载的年寿最高者当数李庆远。他生于清康熙十八年死于民国二十四年(1679-1935)享年256岁。李庆远原籍云南省90多岁时到四川省开县定居一直到去世。膝下子孙满堂。由于他对中医中药尤其对养身、健身都有不凡的造诣和成就被人们誉为神仙。四川省开县籍的刘成勋曾于1925年专程拜访过这位老人刘的采访回忆文章发表在1986年第六期《气功》杂志上同时刊登的还有寿星李庆远口述的长生不老决约1000多字。老人去世后北京的一些报纸曾以地球上最长寿的人为题予以报道[1]。  清代有位百岁寿星李庆远他生前十分欣赏清代学者陆陇其的话足柴足米无忧无虑早完官粮不惊不辱不欠人债而起利不入典当之门庭只消清茶淡饭便可延年益寿。李庆远一生遵此妙诀称此真养生之妙诀益寿之良箴也。得此可长生不必采灵药炼金丹也。  李庆远认为人的寿命有长有短这是由元气所主宰的。元气又称原气禀受于先天而赖后天荣养而滋生。他形象地把爱护与不爱护元气比作蜡烛存放的位置。若是把点燃的蜡烛置于罩笼内则燃烧的时间长若置风雨中则时间必短或即熄灭。养生之道亦是如此。  他非常欣赏老子之言毋劳汝形毋摇汝精毋使汝思虑萦萦(缠绕)。寡思路以养神寡嗜欲以养精寡言语以养气。他说此中妙旨往往被不善养生之庸人所忽视。  他根据圃翁(古代一位善于养生的老人)的养生理论特别强调善养生者必以慈、俭、和、静四字为根本。  所谓慈即仁慈、慈爱也就是心地善良不害物不损人一片慈祥之心。这种慈祥、仁爱的快乐心情足以抵御各种灾害自然就可以使人健康长寿养其天年。  所谓俭即节省或节制之意。俭于饮食则养脾胃俭于嗜欲则聚其精神俭于言语则养其气息防止产生事非俭于交游则可择友寡过俭于酒色则清心寡欲俭于思虑则可免除烦恼和困扰。凡事省得一分则受一分之益。  所谓和即和悦之意。君臣和则国家兴父子和则家宅安乐兄弟和则手足提携夫妻和则闺房静好朋友和则互相维护。此为至祥之道也。  所谓静就是清静、冷静、安泰之意。也就是说身不过劳心不轻动(胡思乱想)。神伤甚于体伤神之不守体之不康。  李庆远在讲到自己的起居饮食时说食不过饱过饱则肠胃必伤眠不得过久过久则精气耗散。余生二百多年从未食过量之食亦不作过久之酣眠。  他还讲到生活细节的注意事项。提出凡细小之事人们往往容易急躁如此必然伤身。他告诫人们寒暖不慎步行过疾酒色淫乐皆伤身损伤之极即可亡身。所以按着先人的养生术行不疾行目不久视耳不极听坐不至疲卧不至极要先寒而衣先热而解要先饥而食先渴而饮食欲数而少不欲顿而多要无喜怒哀乐之系其心无富贵荣辱之动其念。此乃长寿之道也。  李庆远最后告诫说:"饥寒痛痒父母不能代衰老病死妻子不能替。只有自爱自全之道才是养生的准则和关键。"  吉尼斯世界纪录大全记录这是经过考证的。

Thanks for sharing this interesting topic Mudryah :)

if it was a secret formula that allowed him to live to such an old age, why didnt he share that with any of his 24 wives?

or any of his kids?

for sure this guy did live to be waaaaaaaaay way old. who is to say the exact age tho? li himself disputes the 256 and says 197.

but, however old he happened to be when they celebrated his 150th birthday--he did live another 106 years.

Da Liu is who told me about Li, Li was one of Da Liu's teachers.

also it was said that Li learned his baguazhang from a 500 year old hermit that he ran into out in the mountains.

so 256 aint all that lol

Da Liu happened to live to 96, he passed in 2000. and he never one day ever walked into a doctor's office.