rain

and then some

I guess you are not 47

I am not. I am 46. Did I get it wrong in my profile? :blink:

I am guessing you are saying you read these books, and each of them at the the most opportune time for you to read them.

Sorry if I've missed your meaning.

The very act of writing is using symbols and words - which are all abstractions. But it's the most efficient way for us to communicate here. I mean - assuming everyone writes with clarity. Zhuang-zi writes about this dichotomy with great humor.

I read your post literally, and I assumed you were writing to be understood. I didn't understand, so I said so. I guess you intend some subtle meaning that I missed.

Similarly, when you said "I guess you are not 47" I assumed you were talking about my age, and not some other unspoken thing. So I told you my actual age.

Maybe you had no purpose in your original post - no thought or meaning you were trying to communicate. In that case I'm just engaging in mental masturbation - it's probably best not to watch. Haha!

Edited by beancurdturtle

Well then read it one more time. And take a good look at the smiley. It is a friendly sign.

Your quote simply understates my statement, which you understood ALL the time.

:):D

I'm sitting here laughing. Not at you - at me. I'm not trying the be confrontational, contrary, sarcastic, or anything like that. It's just my head doesn't wrap around what you wrote in a way that makes any sense for me. :D

Having had enough experience with my head, I'd assume the disconnect is happening in there somewhere, rather than in your post. <_<

Or maybe you just recorded an organic thought with no purpose. That's cool too - I've been known to do that once or twice myself. Sorry to hijack your thread with my confusion. :blink:

TFR23.gif