skydog

Pain coming from not doing what you love in life?

So I tell myself, I am not "sensitive and weak" anymore, I am strong, and not bothered by other people so much...so I need some money to go to mexico next month, so I should look for a job, so I get an interview, and all of a sudden experience extreme lower back pain, I cannot even move, sure some people may say this is a coincidence, but I dont think so, I think I created it myself.... Is this how important doing what I love in life is, I tell myself I should just be normal and live like other people live, doing jobs they hate to make money, but is this really normal, or just a definition of normal coming from a sick consumer culture

I struggle with this myself...

I ask, is it reasonable to expect to be doing what I love? Is it reasonable to expect to be able to do what I want to do? Is there anyone out there who doesn't also wish they were home or somewhere other than work, doing what they actually want to be doing?

Has there been any time in history when people were doing what they loved, rather than what they need to do to survive?

I'm struggling a lot lately with the idea of quitting my job and taking a year for travel and...reflection and looking forward, I guess.

But I wonder, since I've always only wanted to do what I want to do, am I setting myself up for no job being up to my standards of what I'm willing to sacrifice my time for? Am I being unreasonable, expecting to only do what I want to do?

I actually love manual labor that takes care of my needs. Hunting, building, cutting wood etc. So I'm ok with that. I don't like trading my time for money, so that my money can buy the things that take care of those needs.

Even without a consumer culture, we are in a society that is set up so that the majority of us work a job, to pay someone else to grow our food and build our homes and provide heat and water. Can the earth support this large of population of people, all working a farm and hunting? I doubt it...we'd need a population collapse.

Not taking a stand on one side or the other of what you're saying. Just rambling because I struggle with some of the same stuff. But sometimes wonder if I should be telling myself: "get over it. Everybody does something they don't necessarily love, in order to make a living. "

But then we here, maybe better than most others, know that's not necessarily true...

The world can only support so many people living a complete alternative lifestyle, refusing to go along with the norms of modern society. Because those people are to some extent living on the backs of those who do conform. No food in the dumpster if people weren't working and buying that food. No hitch hiking if someone else wasn't working and buying those cars so you can get your free ride.

Etc.

Anyway, I feel your pain...as it were :)

• Like 1

Carrying a back pain; carrying a burden.

Life is not a burden... except in the mind and interpreted-experience.

Life is ..... what ????

Face the sun set... face the sun at midday... face the sun at sunset.

Face the moon each day and night.

Then consider: What is life?

Is there still a burden to carry?

If so, carry who or what? Spell it out... It may be something physical common to us all but realize that is the point....

• Like 2

Carrying a back pain; carrying a burden.

Life is not a burden... except in the mind and interpreted-experience.

Life is ..... what ????

Face the sun set... face the sun at midday... face the sun at sunset.

Face the moon each day and night.

Then consider: What is life?

Is there still a burden to carry?

If so, carry who or what? Spell it out... It may be something physical common to us all but realize that is the point....

Thanks but the topic is specifically about work/menial slave labour work..very different to "life"

I can understand my OP will irritate people..but what can I do.

native americans in particular believe illness can be caused by not following "ones true path" so to speak.

I know this is probably true.

When I mention on this forum that different actions will weaken or strengthen me energetically, then people will say Im just making it up.

This is quite typical, to be spoken down to like a little kid, when actually I have considerable knowledge on certain topics.

Went to a qigong seminar the other week, doing spontaneous movements, healing the stand in teachers..and getting told off for it because a "beginner" should not do that.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

native americans in particular believe illness can be caused by not following "ones true path" so to speak.

I'm with you and them on that...but look where it got you and them. You're in need of money and have back pain. They were almost completely destroyed.

Sometimes you have to make a clear decision about how your life is going to go, then face and overcome the challenges that present themselves, no matter what they are, until you reach your goal. Not be swayed this way and that by every problem, or interpret the first obstacle as meaning it's the wrong path for you to take.

This is your life. You decide what your path will be.

Even if you decide this idea is full of shit...you will be deciding that and determining how things go for you.

"It's up to you!" - the oracle at Caieta to Marcus Aurelius

This is all only if you want to achieve your goals. There is also the path of being natural and going with the flow, which is pretty enjoyable and which you are good at...but sometimes can mean little to no money, people disgracing you, feeling aimless, etc. Any path you choose will have its downsides.

• Like 3

It is always sensible to consider that association does not imply causation. Pain is not "in the mind" it is of the body, becuase the body and the mind are one. It is true that anticipation and stress can build up as muscle tension which are fight-or flight related physiological repsonses, and surely how you percieve your pain is more important than how you think you should percieve it - overanalysis never did anyone any good. Chances are its a coincidence, that probably would best be overcome by a hot bath, some painkillers, and focussing on what you really want in your heart. If you withdraw from pain, you withdraw from contact with life...pain reminds us we are still here, our body is real and connected with now... though back pain sometimes can be a lesson that we are too sedentary, too overweight, not exercising our core muscles enough... but on other times, particulalry if we have numb legs, or weakness of a limb, or can't wee or poo properly that we might have slipped a lumbar disc. Consider wisely!

Thanks turtle shell, some words of truth there.

Thank you thetaoiseasy, for sharing etc. I appreciate it

Yes marblehead, perhaps should look from that perspective.

Just going despite any pain, although mostly got rid of it, with qigong, and a cold bath.

:)

I know this is probably true.

When I mention on this forum that different actions will weaken or strengthen me energetically, then people will say Im just making it up.

This is quite typical, to be spoken down to like a little kid, when actually I have considerable knowledge on certain topics.

Went to a qigong seminar the other week, doing spontaneous movements, healing the stand in teachers..and getting told off for it because a "beginner" should not do that.

Kundalini has a way with going about things. If you resist, the punishment is severe. If you follow through, the happiness is ecstatic.

In actuality, you have "Deathbed You" who is calling the shots. There are a myriad number of Deathbed yous around, now not all of them will be happy to come into being. They send signals into the "past" to weaken/strengthen you to select an ideal reality, of course it is up to you, who will eventually become deathbed you to decide

Kundalini has a way with going about things. If you resist, the punishment is severe. If you follow through, the happiness is ecstatic.

thanks, I agree, I think my higher self wants a short period to know I can handle work, and feel more integrated/need money lol

In terms of the weaknesses, it wasn't the interview (or the trip to Mexico) that triggered you as much as it was the person doing the interviewing. Weaknesses around 'slave labor' (direct karma from you to this person) which weakened your 'money, sex, and freedom' triad. To neutralize the karmic experiences, delete all your karmas around 'back breaking work' and 'forced labor'. In this case, the weakness was from you to this person (forcing them to do back breaking work as some kind of foreman).

Some keywords are: back-breaking, labor, slave, money, freedom, burdening. Also, you'd want to look at all of the polar opposites to any of these things. I strengthened them generally and the triad also.

So this is a very good example of spiritual experiences from the past getting 'triggered' which then weakened you physically (weakened your fitness).

Glad to hear you are feeling stronger/better!

Edit: P.S. Cleared the 'physical' weaknesses on the sternum, hips, and knees.

Edited by Clarity
  • Like 3

In terms of the weaknesses, it wasn't the interview (or the trip to Mexico) that triggered you as much as it was the person doing the interviewing. Weaknesses around 'slave labor' (direct karma from you to this person) which weakened your 'money, sex, and freedom' triad. To neutralize the karmic experiences, delete all your karmas around 'back breaking work' and 'forced labor'. In this case, the weakness was from you to this person (forcing them to do back breaking work as some kind of foreman).

Some keywords are: back-breaking, labor, slave, money, freedom, burdening. Also, you'd want to look at all of the polar opposites to any of these things. I strengthened them generally and the triad also.

So this is a very good example of spiritual experiences from the past getting 'triggered' which then weakened you physically (weakened your fitness).

Glad to hear you are feeling stronger/better!

Edit: P.S. Cleared the 'physical' weaknesses on the sternum, hips, and knees.

Hi clarity, thanks for offering your insight and clarifying :) hope you are doing well too.

Sinan

• Like 1

How do you know what is resist or what is following through ?

Sage men from all cultures and times had said : "It's not the outter things that affect you, it's how you process them."

So, in the case of this guy, what means resist ? Resist the temptation to go to Mexico ? Resist the pain and take the job ? Resist his real willing of going to mexico ?

I hope you get what I mean it's not a simple arguement.

So I tell myself, I am not "sensitive and weak" anymore, I am strong, and not bothered by other people so much...so I need some money to go to mexico next month, so I should look for a job, so I get an interview, and all of a sudden experience extreme lower back pain, I cannot even move, sure some people may say this is a coincidence, but I dont think so, I think I created it myself.... Is this how important doing what I love in life is, I tell myself I should just be normal and live like other people live, doing jobs they hate to make money, but is this really normal, or just a definition of normal coming from a sick consumer culture

Don't chinese medicine talk about fear being stucked in the kidneys ? Maybe is it fear of going to Mexico that has taken over your lower back because you realized if you get the job, you'll get the money and then no excuses to go there ?

I don't know. Just a thought.

By the way, I totally understand you and share your worry. I am also struggling with this dilema (I have bolded it above).

I ask, is it reasonable to expect to be doing what I love? Is it reasonable to expect to be able to do what I want to do? Is there anyone out there who doesn't also wish they were home or somewhere other than work, doing what they actually want to be doing?

Has there been any time in history when people were doing what they loved, rather than what they need to do to survive?

I'm struggling a lot lately with the idea of quitting my job and taking a year for travel and...reflection and looking forward, I guess.

Exactly same situation, same thinking about people in other historical times. Same willing to quit job and travel, and same acompanying worries.

I would like to point two things :

1.- Traveling we won't find what we are missing on the other side of the world, because it is inside us. HOWEVER, it will probably be fun, exciting, plenty of experiences and people to learn from, open dozens of possibilities, and most importantly : We want to do it.

2.- I think it's worthless to worry about other people or other historical times. What really counts is what you want in 2013. It's so difficult to accept this! How are you going to be yourself (the ultimate destination of the path) if you rely on other people or other times situations ? This is extremely difficult, be responsible of your needs and actions and take the responsability that comes with them. We are probably telling ourselves "If I do that change/travel/whatever and I fail, I'll be an stupid for having done that and will have a miserable life."

That said, I still don't understand why don't we close now this fucking computer and do it!!!!! I can see it rationally but can't act upon it. Neurosis, I guess. Weak organs (in TCM terms). Bad Karma. Possessions. Fear. Who knows.

My best wishes to you anyway.

Edited by marcus2013
  • Like 3

Well in my case, it's happening. It's only a matter of how I really feel about it that I'm sorting out. Only two or three things can get in the way of it. It's ok if they do. But if they don't, early spring next year I will be on the road. I'm already weeding out and getting rid of a bunch of stuff, and preparing in other ways.

But this thread isn't about me... :)

That was just my way of saying I to some extent understand what he's talking about.

• Like 2

How do you know what is resist or what is following through ?

Sage men from all cultures and times had said : "It's not the outter things that affect you, it's how you process them."

So, in the case of this guy, what means resist ? Resist the temptation to go to Mexico ? Resist the pain and take the job ? Resist his real willing of going to mexico ?

I hope you get what I mean it's not a simple arguement.

Even closer still

The flow of energy

Through the body

Itself to flow

Free from resistance

It doesnt matter what you decide, if you stay on the spiritual path things will open up for you. You will face walls, resistance, then overcoming and reach new levels of understanding: whether its from you coworkers, your own angst in bumming around, or whether everything goes right but you spend a month in mexico sitting on the toilet crapping your intestines to a new level of clean. There is no rule to rely on for which you can make the decision, except to stay on the path, have faith and utilize whatever comes at you.

xyz sometimessss......sometimes. sometimes.

Edited by skydog