Sign in to follow this  
steve

Empowerment

Timeless and colorless wisdom:

The white man has given his soul to the preacher, his health to the doctors, his money to the bank, his decisions the the politicians, and his kids to the school, then he wonders why he feels weak; and that white man culture means working in jobs you hate, spending money you don't have, to buy things you don't need, feeling bad so you can look good, to impress people who could care less.

--- Unknown Native American

• Like 13

The white man has given his soul to the preacher, his health to the doctors, his money to the bank, his decisions the the politicians, and his kids to the school, then he wonders why he feels weak; and that white man culture means working in jobs you hate, spending money you don't have, to buy things you don't need, feeling bad so you can look good, to impress people who could care less.

--- Unknown Native American.

truth

--- Unknown Native American

The scary thing is understanding this but not feeling able to get out of it

• Like 6

That's when you know it's a trap when you know and can't get out.

Edited by xor
  • Like 1

Theory can be fun but you need to get your hands dirty if you want to understand. :)

• Like 2

Well.....Duh.

(to be succinct)

A different take on this comes from Mahayana Buddhism, where as part of the bodhisattva ideal, one is to broadly accumulate worldly knowledge to be of more benefit to sentient beings (i.e. math, science, literature, philosophy, farming, engineering, etc.)

• Like 1

thanks for filling me in simplejack, I find it touching that you assume I am a bit of an idiot.

which bit are you?

scrotum

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

scrotum

a post that takes some balls but is worth hanging around for.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this