Sign in to follow this  
Karateka

Hello!

Hi!

Just being polite and saying hello, having just registered.

My interest is in Eastern philosophy in general, in particular Taoism and Buddhism.

I have pursued this interest for about 20 years, having read Lao Tsu, Buddhist texts (more of the Tibetan variety), some Zen works, and pursued interests in Yoga. I then moved onto Tai Chi, and Chi-Kung/Quigong and learned the Yang-Style full long form. More recently I have been reading Japanese works regarding the Sword like the Go Rin No Sho, and works regarding the devlopment of Budo in Karate. I have recently obtained a copy of the Bubishi, and am studying some TCM with a view to understanding Taoist Alchemy, with it's implications for understanding core texts that were carried through into the early Karate masters in Okinawa. My pursuit is perfection of self, inner strength and control of my own mind. I read a few posts regarding some of the books i am reading and thought here was a good place to ask questions, as the undoubtably will arise.

Cheers!

Hi Karateka and welcome to the Tao Bums. This is certainly a place to find answers to you questions.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/. This covers all that you need be aware of regarding the forum.

Best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this