Unseen_Abilities

Calling Hard-Style Martial Artists

I want to know how I can condition my body to the point where I can strike with great power, and withstand powerful strikes. Thing is, at the moment, learning another complete Martial Art isn't really doable...Is there a system of some kind I can use simply to condition my body in this way (preferably without damaging it too much) over a period of time? Thanks.

I want to know how I can condition my body to the point where I can strike with great power, and withstand powerful strikes. Thing is, at the moment, learning another complete Martial Art isn't really doable...Is there a system of some kind I can use simply to condition my body in this way (preferably without damaging it too much) over a period of time? Thanks.

Develop your dan tien until you feel the golden pearl

the energy flow moves via the kwa points, elbow wrist and hands. Work the lao gong points too

Bone marrow condensing also later on

positive ions from sky and negative ions from earth create the shieldsingyou are inquiring about.

All of it worked for me.

I was powerlifter national champion (multiple) and kick boxing trophies as well (came from a Muy Tai background)

Still extremely flexible at middle age.

It is also useful for magickal -discipline cultivations

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

Yes, keep doing Bioenergetics.

and practice mixing the shaking with intuitive movement, spontaneous dance, let your body move.

I dont care what anyone says this is the most powerful practice.

It is better with a transmission to empower it but not 100% neccessary.

Then start to practice accupressure/reflexology from google images ten minutes a day.

Over time your hands will hit your body etc.

Just came back from a Qigong workshop on the first session was banging my head on the floor, got a massive bruise, then by the next day it was gone after punching myself there, Ive been doing this in my room punching the right area at the right intensity, I even use a knife and scrape it with appropriate intensity.

This is Hard Qigong, very good for health, bones, skin, tendons.

There is the shaolin style which is not intuitive but the disadvantage is if you do not do it intuitively you can hurt yourself.

peace

• Like 1

Some people seem to have a remarkably strong constitution. I watched a brawl (from a distance :unsure: ) in Auckland. Islander guy runs across the road, jumps, swings out an empty glass wine flagon from behind his back and lands, with all of that momentum, flagon first on the side of this Maori's head ... Maori winces to the side a bit, shakes his head like a wet dog, and turn to the guy and 'shapes up' ... :blink:

(next day, giant Maori sitting near me at bar, staring at me ... I buy two beers and slide on over to him ... "There ya go mate." <big friendly Maori grin> Ohhh ... cheers cuz! " )

• Like 3

Nungali: Chinese warrior armor isn't too convenient for where I'm at right now.

cat: I don't do Iron Shirt but I'll look into it, thanks.

Apech: I just got up a little while ago so my shirt is still creased, you're right maybe I should iron it.

SonOfTheGods: Any specific techniques you would recommend for those things?

skydog: I'll add in some spontaneous dance to what I'm doing - It's been getting just a little repetitiousrepetitiousrepetitious...

cat (again): Yeah I've heard he was good, but I'm not familiar with his material, post a good song.

Nungali (again): I've noticed that about Maori's too; They naturally seem very very strong.

You can do semi internal just by trying to relax and refining your body alignments and structure. That's pretty much the start of internal training anyway, but you can apply it physically and it will make you stronger just because you carry force on your structure better.

When you get hit and you relax more than the other person it effects THEM not you. Play around with it.

When I was younger I did thai boxing, boxing.. etc.. and for me sparring and doing alot of punching bag work did those things. Once you have been kicked in the ass and punched in the face countless times, in a matter of few months to a year your body will adjust to it and then it is the same as someone pushing you lightly. This stays with you for the rest of your life. I haven't done any martial art for like 7 years and still I have that toughness.

The greatest punch takers in the world are thai boxers, because their whole art is based on them facing each other, pounding away and not moving from the punches. Do that if you want to become capable of withstanding massive amounts of damage. It is also a very hardcore style of delivering that damage.

Yeah Muay Thai is pretty hard from what I've seen. I've been learning Aikido since last year, and striking isn't really the main focus so we don't do much in the way of body conditioning (at least not in the same way as you'd find in a harder fighting style - We do lots of ukemi/breakfalls which does tone the body, but not in the same way) but I still practice some stuff I learned before Aikido that requires thicker skin. Only thing I'm concerned about is nerve damage, probably best to gradually build intensity.

The greatest punch takers in the world are thai boxers, because their whole art is based on them facing each other, pounding away and not moving from the punches. Do that if you want to become capable of withstanding massive amounts of damage. It is also a very hardcore style of delivering that damage.

Problem is they have to stop fighting early on and they wind up having a lot of pain and physical problems.

Yeah Muay Thai is pretty hard from what I've seen. I've been learning Aikido since last year, and striking isn't really the main focus so we don't do much in the way of body conditioning (at least not in the same way as you'd find in a harder fighting style - We do lots of ukemi/breakfalls which does tone the body, but not in the same way) but I still practice some stuff I learned before Aikido that requires thicker skin. Only thing I'm concerned about is nerve damage, probably best to gradually build intensity.

I think the main point is to just find a way to pound your body, doesn't have to be someone trying to murder you necessarily. Simply being thrown into the mat might be enough. I mean many of the jiujitsu/judo/wrestling people are pretty firm despite the fact they are not being pounded by fists. The kung fu guys who don't spar always make me wonder, because they look very wimpy, like they would be thrown away by wind and if they choose to spar it looks akward and retarded, like they are afraid of being hit (not in a cool way like a boxer dodging the punches without fear and doing it professionally). There are some kung fu sparring stuff though, that seems legimate so don't get me wrong :P

Problem is they have to stop fighting early on and they wind up having a lot of pain and physical problems.

Yea that is true if you wish to turn pro. I think on amateur level it is still fairly harmless, unless there is an accident. Also if you start with other newbies the strikes and kicks are so weak that the level of pounding builds up nicely. The only remnant in that department I have are broken wrists for learning the proper way to cover them too late, I never went to a basic course, I just jumped in with a few other guys :P

Sparring in general with any striking art (except wimpy-method doing some retarded shit) is the best method, but I guess doing anything that "damages" your body without destroying it or doing real damage will do. I mean look at the football guys, or hockey players, they all have strong structure and can take a hit because that is what their sport is largely about.

I remember this one guy, who had taken steroids and was the size of a monster, but who apparently had never toughened his body outside the gym or been in physical contact with anything. He was like 3 times as big as me and I was like damn, now I'm gonna get my arse handed to me. He was a newbie in thai boxing but because of his size, I though it would be a no contest. To my surprise I could throw this guy around like a rag doll in clinch, it felt just like wrestling with a girl or something. He was even shaking and shit like that, out of fear. He had never been in that kind of a situation. It was ridiculous, but it taught me that you really need to condition your body and mind, or no amount of muscles and solo-training will help you when shit starts getting down :P

If you want power behind your own just do endless repetition of hitting single hits in a bag with full power, I think that is a very good method. Your speed might suffer, but you can train that seperately. The problem will still be whether you can hit the target with these punches. So sparring must again be emphasized. Ofcourse you cant train power with sparring per se, because it would be mad. But no amount of power will help you if you cannot utilize it.

Sparring above all else is the real deal. Fighting can be best learned via fighting, not by doing some random stuff around the corner. Even if you were carrying the toughest of all Iron Shirts, if that was all you had going for you I think you would find yourself doing akward movements, shivering in fear and just generally being like "Crampsies, what am I supposed to do now? The perfectly honed dead-movements that I drilled for 3 years are not working" and then you will remember CRAMPSIES, what missed from my practice, was WU WEI. Then you remember that you are infact a daoist, who has drilled daoism in the arse for three years by doing dead shit, that wasn't spontaneous. And when you are awaken from coma, because the highly esteemed spirits (that you had connected with previously during your meditation) came to your aid, there will be only two words in your head. WU WEI & raimonio. And then, my son, you will have learned the two magic words to fighting.

Iron Shirt is cool don't get me wrong, just like all the other conditioning methods. No problemo there. No sir.

• Like 2

Nungali (again): I've noticed that about Maori's too; They naturally seem very very strong.

Could be the metal in their constitution (big golden hearts - when you get to know them ;) )

• Like 1

People used to complain about me striking in Aikido and my 'violent' approach. So I bought my old Aikido book to training with a picture of Master Ueshiba evading a sword blow and jabbing fan ribs towards attackers eyes with an insane violent look on his face.

[Aikido got 'marketed' very differently just after the end of WWII (funny that ).]

It will help you although to get your 'weight' lined up good behind a technique and use body extension . To toughen the body to receive technique I'd suggest going a bit south-west to Okinawa.

Its important to remember though, these techniques are mostly related to 'Temple Style' and both have 'sacrificial elements' - just make sure you wont become devoted to something else that you will need to use your body for later.

[ I saw the Wu-shu hard head champion smash ,,, well, anything, then they put his head between blocks and hit them with a sledgie ... in slo mo you could see his head flex and spring back ... boooowoooup ! :blink:

then I saw him interviewed. he said his training started as a small child , he had to continually wack his head into the wall. Then he got this sad look on his face ..... and I did too :(

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Mmm, many Aikido techniques have the potential to do lots of damage to someone, no doubt about that - There's just less emphasis on striking in most schools that I'm aware of (I know Yoseikan Budo incorporates some punches and kicks into their system - I'd like to try that out one day actually) but like you mentioned, the "flavour" took a turn for the different after WWII.

Not particularly keen for sledge-hammer skull conditioning...

Thanks!

Greetings..

Just fight.. experience will condition you..

Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming's Mountain Retreat has some good workshops, or WCC Chen's school has some good 'hard internal' training, or David Chen/Chris Heintzman can shape you up fairly quickly..

Be well..