Xunzi

Energy stuck in head

This is really works. (Hurts like hell though)

Ok, that would be Spleen 8, which can help the Kidneys hold on to jing. According to five element theory the Large Intestine channel which is metal, generates the water which nourishes the Kidneys while the wood of the Liver is draining the Kidneys so you sedate the Liver to reduce the drain on Kidney energy thus helping to strengthen the Kidneys. The Spleen is the Earth element which controls the Water of the Kidneys, keeping it in appropriate bounds and not letting it leak away.

Hurts like hell though: Did it hurt because he was manipulating the needles while they were in, like twisting them around and moving them in and out? If so that is very traditional. The manipulation is supposed to help direct the qi flow.

• Like 1

No it just hurt. The pain would come and go and increase and decrease but was present in at least one part of my body the whole time. Mostly my calves. I'm shocked at how damaged my kidneys must be, because the doctor said that the pain is a sign that the treatment is working.

I was lying on my back so I couldn't see but he adjusted the needles twice. First halfway though and second almost at the end. Each time he adjusted them the pain increased so I think he pushed them further in.

Spleen 8 is for jing huh? That explains why it hurt the most. The left point hurt more than the right. Is that because the left kidney is more damaged?

• Like 1

Maybe SP8 if going after depleted essence/semen emission issues... but go to 10 chinese doctors and 9 will tell you your kidney's are depleted...

I was at first inclined to think it was SP9... About the first indentation below knee on iside. Drains dampness, including those involving the GB... which has been mentioned in the head. Makes sense with liver point.

Locations of SP9

http://www.elediac.com/publ/7-1-0-452

SP9 with the paired point around the other side of the knee (ST36) are common even for self-massage... hint hint...

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies!

It seems like I'm a little taller today. Is that an effect of acupuncture?