Xunzi

Energy stuck in head

What are the symptoms? I've been having headaches, eye pain, ear pain, and OCD thoughts. Especially after masturbating (trying to stop).

If these problems are caused by energy stuck in the head, how do I get it out (without MCO)?

Thank you.

if ur having ear and eye pain and head aches after masturbating - i mean damn ur really loosing yuan chi - u better stop it till you get your health back - ears and related to kidneys, eyes to the liver, and if ur getting headaches that means ur depleting your essential qi... go see acupuncturist or qigong healer...

• Like 1

What are the symptoms? I've been having headaches, eye pain, ear pain, and OCD thoughts. Especially after masturbating (trying to stop).

If these problems are caused by energy stuck in the head, how do I get it out (without MCO)?

Thank you.

No, it was something that you were trying to stop.

The former was the cause and the latter is the solution to cure.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

And ask for what?

Help with your liver and gallbladder. The liver channel goes through the genital area and men will often take 'heat in the liver channel' for sexual arousal and relieve it through masturbating or other types of sexual promiscuity. The gallbladder channel goes up into the head and can affect both the eyes and the ears and can cause headaches, etc.

• Like 4

No, it was something that you were trying to stop.

The former was the cause and the latter is the solution to cure.

That's the thing about addictions. Knowing it's bad for you isn't enough to make you stop.

Help with your liver and gallbladder. The liver channel goes through the genital area and men will often take 'heat in the liver channel' for sexual arousal and relieve it through masturbating or other types of sexual promiscuity. The gallbladder channel goes up into the head and can affect both the eyes and the ears and can cause headaches, etc.

Thank you

Thank you

You're welcome, the problem also affects women as I noted here:

Quick note, in TCM menstrual problems are associated primarily with the Liver. The Liver channel connects to the genetalia as it goes from the abdomen to the inner thigh. The Liver 'vents' itself through its connected organ the Gallbladder, the Gallbladder channel goes up to the sides of the head, thus the headaches. If you want to understand this get yourself a copy of Between Heaven and Earth by Harriet Beinfield and Efrem Korngold, among other things it has a very useful self evaluation questionnaire that will help you understand your health in TCM terms, you can find a copy here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/between-heaven-and-earth-harriet-beinfield/1001864160?ean=9780345379740

There are some excellent Chinese herbal combinations that not only deal with the symptoms, such as headache, but also address the fundamental issues to restore balance. The good thing about Chinese herbal preparations is that once balance is restored you don't need to take them anymore. Depending on the seriousness of the underlying imbalance symptoms such as headache can be treated by other means such as self massage on the Liver or Gallbladder channels.

I hope this is helpful.

Clearing up problems with the liver can definitely help with sexual control and wasting jing for internal 'air conditioning', while very common, is not a good thing.

• Like 1

if ur getting headaches that means ur depleting your essential qi

Can I restore my essential Qi?

That's the thing about addictions. Knowing it's bad for you isn't enough to make you stop.

If you can't stop the habit, then just do it every other three days. In the mean time, you need to practice Chi Kung by doing slow and deep breathing; and get lots of rest whenever you can.

Your symptoms are not the chi that was stuck in your head but it was not enough oxygen delivered to the head by poor blood circulation. Especially, it is very critical right after your masturbation because it may cause you to be short of breath. Poor breathing will also cause your body to a condition of hypoxia(lack of oxygen). All the body energy were rushed to the reproductive system which may lower the blood circulation to deliver oxygen to your brain. Lack of oxygen to the brain will give you a headache.

Edited by ChiDragon

If you can stop the habit, then just do it every other three days. In the mean time, you need to practice Chi Kung by doing slow and deep breathing; and get lots of rest whenever you can.

Your symptoms are not the chi that was stuck in your head but it was not enough oxygen delivered to the head by poor blood circulation. Especially, it is very critical right after your masturbation because it may cause you to be short of breath. Poor breathing will also cause your body to a condition of hypoxia(lack of oxygen). All the body energy were rushed to the reproductive system which may lower the blood circulation to deliver oxygen to your brain. Lack of oxygen to the brain will give you a headache.

Thank you! That makes sense. By Chi Kung do you mean breathing from the stomach and the Eight Brocade?

Thank you! That makes sense. By Chi Kung do you mean breathing from the stomach and the Eight Brocade?

Yes, abdominal breathing. Any form of Chi Kung will do. Tai Ji is more efficient than the Eight Brocade. I prefer Tai Ji because it is more dynamic in body movements and breathing, However, the only thing that is you need determination and patience for the kind of practice. I have a simple method developed on my own which helped me a lot. If you are interested, please PM me.

Good luck.

Can I restore my essential Qi?

yes do dantian breathing, spring forest qigong, flying phoenix, there are many good systems.. but go see a healer.. don't deplete your jing

A healer may not help at this point in time but one can help oneself by self cultivation and self discipline. Quit the self pleasure habit and return to the state of homeostasis by finding means to improve the present health condition.

There are so many sources to this issue that you have to figure it out and maybe with the help of a practitioner of energy. It can originate from anything from low self-esteem to pent-up energy wanting to release; or simply too early an exposure to something which causes the desire. An important step is coming to terms with this, but you can (and should) try some things on a practical level to curb the immediate problem/pain.

If it is the liver/gall bladder lines, you can try this:

1. slap the physical liver and gall bladder area. Does it have sharp stinging, deep pain, coughing arising, etc. This can help to purge any energy which needs to get out.

2. Massage near you temples and towards above/around the ears. If these lines are painful or swollen then it is an indication of gall bladder line issues. Massage to the lower side of the nose and under cheeks. Slowly push through it.

3. From your hips, with a fist, beat your legs moving downward to the feet... over and over.

This set will help clear and activate the liver/gall bladder.

Get energy out of the head:

1. You need to not put your mind there. Put it in your dan tian or perineum.

2. Do an oil drip visualization. Oil dripping down your head and in front to feet; then behind head to feet; then inside your body to the feet. Encourage the energy to sink and let your mind/eye/breath stay together in the downward movement.

If visualization is causing the head to hurt, even when not placed up there, then stop it as the mind placement is not controlled right.

I would exercise to see if energy release is helpful.

• Like 2

Massage near you temples and towards above/around the ears. If these lines are painful or swollen then it is an indication of gall bladder line issues.

Oh wow, the area next to my temples, where the hair starts really hurts when I rub it.

Thank you.

Find a tutor.
Masturbation and energy training do not work together.
Masturbation is a sign of immaturity and a form of hiddenness.
Mix immaturity and energetic training, can bring permanent damage, such as brain tumors.
  1. Stop doing what you're doing
  2. Ask yourself: What is most important in your life?

In light,

Dr. D

Oh wow, the area next to my temples, where the hair starts really hurts when I rub it.

For something immediate:

You can massage it downward, over the ear and backwards. You often need to keep the pressure enough to encourage it to move. But this is not always successful. You try to apply some epsom salt with water mixture to your head with a towel (while showering) and then include your neck area, glands, etc. Apply again and again. Rinse after about 10 minutes. Then try to massage.

• Like 1

For something immediate:

You can massage it downward, over the ear and backwards.

36 times right?

36 times right?

I had no magic number in mind. Sometimes, a few very hard and long presses is all you can bear. It depends on how much pressure you want to apply and if it is willing to move that easily or not. That's why the salts can relax the area first.

• Like 1

Today I went to an acupuncturist. He put in needles in the web between my thumb and index, in the web between my big toe and index toe, and two inches below my knee on the inside. Anyone know what these points are for?

I was surprised when I asked him if there was a problem with my liver and he said 'no the problem is with your kidneys.'

He also told me to avoid seafood and eat more vegetables. Why?

As ChiDragon said, he said it will take a long time to heal with acupuncture, so I should speed up the healing with self cultivation.

That's likely the "four gates" treatment...it works the large intestine point hegu, and the liver point taichong. It moves qi and blood through the entire body, clearing stagnations and wind in general, in addition to some other things.

The third point may be stomach 36, zusanli...which is also a point that does many balancing things in the whole body in general.

You should ask him the reasons behind his diet recommendations. I'm just guessing, but it could be that seafood contains too much salt, which is not good if the kidneys are weakened. Or maybe due to the higher amounts of toxins, such as mercury...with weakened kidneys you have trouble detoxing. And vegetables are alkalizing, nutritious, anti-inflammatory, etc. But maybe he has specific reasons.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1

Today I went to an acupuncturist. He put in needles in the web between my thumb and index, in the web between my big toe and index toe, and two inches below my knee on the inside. Anyone know what these points are for?

I was surprised when I asked him if there was a problem with my liver and he said 'no the problem is with your kidneys.'

He also told me to avoid seafood and eat more vegetables. Why?

As ChiDragon said, he said it will take a long time to heal with acupuncture, so I should speed up the healing with self cultivation.

in the web between my thumb and index: Large Intestine 4, this is an important point, in this case I would suspect it was used mostly to harmonize the ascending of Yang and the descending of Yin. Yang rising often results in headache.

in the web between my big toe and index toe:This is probably Liver 2, maybe Liver 3, both are used to subdue rising Liver Yang to relieve headaches.

two inches below my knee on the inside: if you mean on the midline of the back of your leg then it is Urinary Bladder 56. The Urinary Bladder channel the length of the body from head to toe going on both sides of the head next to the midline of the head. I don't know why he would have used this, except maybe to drain excess qi from the head.

An interesting diagnosis, I am assuming he arrived at it by pulse.

While writing I noticed turtle shell's response. Four Gates would be LIver 3, which is a little further up the top of the foot than Liver 2, which is closer to the web between the toes. Stomach 36 is to the outside of the leg below the knee, that is why I asked if the point was on the midline of the back of the leg, where it would be Urinary Bladder 56 as I mentioned.

• Like 2

He first measured my pulse with a machine, then asked me about where I felt pain, and then felt my pulse with his fingers. He also glanced at my tongue and looked at my fingernails (apparently they show that I have a healthy appetite).

The point on the leg: looking down at your leg, it's in front on the inside near the shin bone. About two inches below the bottom of the knee.

During the procedure my vision was filled with floaters and I felt very constipated. Both stopped after the needles were taken out. So I'm a believer. This is really works. (Hurts like hell though)