Sign in to follow this  
Flolfolil

they're also intelligent when they know how to be an asshole when appropriate.

And when is that? :)

when another person is trespassing your boundaries, and you have to re-assert your boundaries. This prevent you from being a doormat

In getting women, some guys play the uncaring asshole game, whether they are naturally assholes or not. It's one of the possible ways of getting some

when another person is trespassing your boundaries, and you have to re-assert your boundaries. This prevent you from being a doormat

I don't think this qualifies, unless you take it too far.

is their ability to not be an asshole to other people

(but hey that's just my opinion)

Nah, that just makes a person nice, maybe self aware too. Intelligence is pretty multifaceted.

• Like 2

And when is that? :)

I might suggest a distinction between being an asshole and acting like an asshole. An intelligent person might choose to act like an asshole to shock someone else into paying attention in order to benefit either that person or a third party. An intelligent person who acts like an asshole for their own benefit, however, is just an asshole.

• Like 1

Intelligence is surrendering to Infinite Intelligence
Opening, receiving,
Acting necessarily
Generating Peace
Generating Love
Comprehending Complexity
Generating Intricacy
Experiencing Richness

Greetings..

Intelligence is demonstrated by the ability to organize information revealed by experience/awareness and apply that information to the experiencer's relationship with existence in a holistic manner..

Be well..

• Like 4

I would say there are different types of intelligence, I personally distuingish these so called left-brain capabilities:

- quickly understanding new ideas, situations

- ability to go deep into what one studies

and so called right-brain

- practical application, changing contexts

- ability to understand symbolism, emotional content

I can appreciate not being an asshole to other people though, I always avoid it if I can though someone will always take it the wrong way...

Sign in to follow this