awarenessrules

Spring Forest Qigong Question

I read some posts here which say that SFQ is Microcosmic orbit meditation but when i listened to cds i came to know that the master does not talk about conception or governing vessel which are at the front and back side of body.All he say is to imagine an energy channel in the middle of torso.I have watched Dr yang qigong videos in which he says that the thrusting vessel is in the middle of the body.So i assume that SFQ is quite different from microcosmic orbit meditation in which you circulate the energy between conception and governing vessels.In SFQ you circulate energy only in thrusting vessel up and down.Thats is why it is so effective and quite different from other Qigong practices because the thrusting vessel is connected to all 12 Qi channels.What are your thoughts?

That's strange because I have listened to those CD's myself and he clearly leads you around the MCO.

Working directly on the Taiji Pole is a sort of direct Zen-esque approach to cultivation where what would naturally result, is coaxed into being through visualisation.

articles-20130304-taiji-ball-qigong-theo

Edited by effilang
  • Like 2

The thrusting vessel is not included in the Micro-cosmic orbit, only in the Macro-cosmic orbit and during other activities.

Edited by effilang

This is what i read in SFQ level 1 manual: " Visualize a transparent energy column in the middle of torso shinning with beautiful colors.it runs from the top of the head to bottom of the torso,While moving the hands visualize energy moving up and down the transparent column" so the middle channel is the thrusting vessel.So you are moving energy up and down in thrusting vessel.In microsmic orbit meditation you move the energy in the front and back channels not in the middle one.

That sounds like the instruction for "Moving Yin and Yang" level one active exercise. I never heard that you direct MCO while doing this.

The CDs direct you in an oval, back and front qi channels aka MCO. The thrusting vessel is yin yang movement. I have both MCO CDs and they both mention the correct MCO. The DVD mentions the thrusting vessel and yin yang exchange. :)

• Like 1

How to visualize a transparent energy column in the middle of torso in SFQ? He does not mention whether to visualize it inside the body or outside the body.Also he does not show it in video from the side.Outside the body means to visualize it from the forehead to the lower dan tian.And inside the body means to visualize it from the crown of the head to the pelvic floor.Please explain it.Thanks

Edited by fazlerabbi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1sPDntOTs

He shows the side view in this video.

And the light is visualised inside the body

Its a really really good exercise - dont think too hard and enjoy! Personally i don't do the visualisation - just a gentle prompt when i feel like it.

• Like 1

If you follow the movements and go through the breathing process, the body will take care itself internally. Any other criteria are embellish.

Edited by ChiDragon