Bum Grasshopper

Jesus a fictional character?

The mainstream view of scholarship is that Jesus was just a Jewish preacher.

A normal human. Not God.

That's the mainstream view in my understanding.

When you meet Buddha, he will be able to direct you in the direction of Jesus.

Best wishes.

When you meet Buddha, he will be able to direct you in the direction of Jesus.

Best wishes.

Obviously not, since no terton has ever met Jesus.

Dudjom Rinpoche, Dudjom Lingpa, Jigme Lingpa, Longchenpa, Kunzang Dechen Lingpa, Nyala Pema Dündul never met Jesus for example.

Edited by alwayson

I'll trade you 100,000 tons of speculative scholarship for an quarter ounce of spiritual fact...

• Like 1

I'll trade you 100,000 tons of speculative scholarship for an quarter ounce of spiritual fact...

The ultimate spiritual facts come from tertons. And they never met Jesus.

Anyway...... Am I correct in stating that the mainstream view of scholarship is that Jesus was a normal human being?

Edited by alwayson

The ultimate spiritual facts come from tertons. And they never met Jesus.

Anyway...... Am I correct in stating that the mainstream view of scholarship is that Jesus was a normal human being?

You mean 'your' spiritual facts. What does mainstream scholarship mean? What's normal human being? My viewpoint is 100% human and 100% God. Now it's your turn to say something about a terton....Again.

In means experts in the field of New Testament studies.

You're asking if the mainstream view is that Christ a normal human? Like he ate, took a deuce right? Then yes. Normal in that sense. For Christians like myself He is much more. My Relationship with Him is Personal. I admit that I cannot prove it.

You're asking if the mainstream view is that Christ a normal human? Like he ate, took a deuce right? Then yes. Normal in that sense. For Christians like myself He is much more. My Relationship with Him is Personal. I admit that I cannot prove it.

I don't think mainstream scholarship asserts that Jesus is divine.

I don't think mainstream scholarship asserts that Jesus is divine.

Does mainstream scholarship assert that Buddha did in fact perform the Miracles that he performed?

Does mainstream scholarship assert that Buddha did in fact perform the Miracles that he performed?

Mainstream scholarship is aware of Dzogchen rainbow body for example.

Heh, just occurred to me that I consider what I'm doing at this keyboard reading and writing these words is real.

now THAT is worth a laugh... :)

Can anyone prove to any of us that any of us are real?

Edited by silent thunder

Mainstream-Eat more fast food-Watch more TV-Listen to "experts" and live like they tell you too-Obey your government-Dont think for yourself. And we are supposed to take spiritual advice from them?

Mainstream scholarship is aware of Dzogchen rainbow body for example.
Prove it. Not only that but prove with scientific studies that rainbow body is real. Please :)

Prove it. Not only that but prove with scientific studies that rainbow body is real. Please :)

I can prove that scholars take it seriously as real, which is not the case with Christian claims.

Obviously not, since no terton has ever met Jesus.

Dudjom Rinpoche, Dudjom Lingpa, Jigme Lingpa, Longchenpa, Kunzang Dechen Lingpa, Nyala Pema Dündul never met Jesus for example.

Buddha knows the way... Ask him.

The mainstream view of scholarship is that Jesus was just a Jewish preacher.

A normal human. Not God.

If that's your belief you could have said it 6 7 pages ago and left it at that. But that's not all you believe. I think you're offended that others believe differently and you want to get into a long losing fight to convince others they need to believe the exact same as you. Many on the opposite side think the same way. Sad.

You won't change anyone's views, all you'll do is bring out the extremists. Fine, if thats your goal, but its a Pyrrhic one.

• Like 1

If that's your belief you could have said it 6 7 pages ago and left it at that. But that's not all you believe. I think you're offended that others believe differently and you want to get into a long losing fight to convince others they need to believe the exact same as you. Many on the opposite side think the same way. Sad.

You won't change anyone's views, all you'll do is bring out the extremists. Fine, if thats your goal, but its a Pyrrhic one.

I admit I have a grudge against Christianity.

Read "Breaking India"

Christianity is anti-Dharmic.

I can prove that scholars take it seriously as real, which is not the case with Christian claims.

I'm waiting for multiple sources....don't leave me hanging.

I'm waiting for multiple sources....don't leave me hanging.

Also, I'd like to say this upfront, I have NEVER cared much for mainstream anything so my Faith won't change because a few dudes with degrees (that can be purchased) say they believe in rainbow body but not Christ.