Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Optional rebirth scenario

Imagine:

1000 years of momentary stillness, that feels like about a month, goes by. They invite you up and pose to you the following options:

You can continue as you are, for eternity; or, you can return as a human, and develop more, spiritually, and in wisdom; however, we will hide the answers to developing more, spiritually, and in wisdom, in the people you hate to deal with.

Would you continue, or advance?

and, if you advance,

how many lifetimes would it take you to stop advancing?

• Like 2

Choosing the eternal stillness would just result in eternal stillness.

Choosing the human option might mean going through billions of difficult lifetimes, but then I would be a Buddha for eternity. That's like pricking your finger to cure yourself of cancer.

Clearly it's better to have eternal enlightenment after finite suffering, than just an eternal neutral state. :)

• Like 1

Option 3 please. I'd want to take a time out. Hang out in the astral, talk to people and other beings, spend a few years, maybe a few dozen, learning and consolidating before making my decision. Heck, I'm dead, what's the freakin rush.

• Like 1

If I had a choice I would choose stillness for eternity . I have to try out all forms of escapism first always .

Stillness is soooooooooooooo seductive . :wub:

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

You guys.. the call of the sirens! Watchout for that lotus eating!

Aaah you know it is a strange learning curve ..definetly not most short or inteligent one , but periodically very enjoyable .

Thanks for your views people. Cat seemed to get the idea the most, of what I was aiming at, basically, that dealing well with those people would provide us the development needed to advance spiritually and in wisdom. Just a notion that came across.. though I'd share it...

that's all...

Sign in to follow this