Barry

How do you self- soothe?

I have noticed in my own practices I am being led down an unfamiliar path of what can only be described as self soothing. Perhaps strengthening my own earth element.

I wonder how you self soothe? How do you really take care of yourself when under stress? I mean really....not draining through distraction but soothing you?

I have noticed in my own practices I am being led down an unfamiliar path of what can only be described as self soothing. Perhaps strengthening my own earth element.

I wonder how you self soothe? How do you really take care of yourself when under stress? I mean really....not draining through distraction but soothing you?

B M

Bowel movement?

Yes,

This is the most consistent self soothing that I engage in, I practice daily and it is a pleasing, relieving, soothing and effortless exercise.

I highly recommend it!

Edited by el_tortugo

cooking, baking

foam rolling, massage, yoga, stretching

listening to enya and other relaxing music

baths, showers, hot tub

bath salts, lavender essential oil

cuddling

hiding under many blankies

reading a good book

going to the movies by myself

doing something for others

there is this space I've always had access to in between extremes... it looks like a smile at the end of the out breath.

my girlfriend sucks her thumb... :huh::lol:

Get away from anything that needs to be plugged in then just rest. Normally do this at the cabin where I can listen to the wind through the pines. Become mesmerized by the lake. Walk, fish, wander. Or just sleep sleep sleep under the big down quilt.

i'm with Trunk on the whole swimming, going to the water thing.

I will take it one step further and say - going to the ocean. I have lived withing an hour of the pacific ocean (also much closer at times) all of my life.

To me the most soothing thing is surf and sand - cliche' though it may seem. Nothing like it. Someting in our DNA about being at the shore I believe.

Craig

Long walks, long enough for my mind to settle, so I'm just steps and breath.

But let me not forget alcohol. A bull session w/ a friend or two at a bar. Belly aching, bragging, beer the 3 B's of manly sanity. B)

Michael