al.

Electromagnetic Pollution and Qigong

Most of the inhabited world is now blanketed in electromagnetic pollution.

Many of the top scientists researching this topic have concluded the high levels of electromagnetic pollution have a detrimental effect on human health and the health of the ecosphere we live in. The extent of this damage is rarely acknowledged and is in my opinion one of the most pressing but difficult issues of today.

There is active resistance to these conclusion due to the how critical mobile phones, WIFI, and laptops, etc. are to the functioning of business and convenience living.

This information is well-summurised in this documentary called Resonance; Beings of Frequency:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9dhGv_tTs

As a qigong practitioner, not only have I experienced greater sensitivity to the negative effects of EM pollution, but in discussion with others, it seems this situation is inhibiting the natural energetic development of qigong cultivation. With people who do not consciously cultivate one way or another, the effects seem to be worse.

If you are a long term practitioner have you noticed similar experiences in the build up of EMF over the last 30 years?

In terms of protection, it seems a significant but also limited amount can be achieved through energetic 'shielding'. Many protection devices are also on the market with inconsistent results, some seem to be outright exploiting people.

Mindfullness practices and holding composure and cohesion of one's awareness also seems of benefit. This is consistent with ancient Oriental theories of 'Evil Wind' and strengthening the mind to create no way for it to enter.

It seems there are new technologies on the horizon which could replace the current devices, although this could be quite a challenge to do, similar to new energy technology.

Please share any thoughts or techniques you have found useful....

• Like 1

I took a class on nuclear radiation once. Apparently if you have a 4 foot thick concrete structure, even the highest form of radiation (gamma) can't enter. So a person could create EMF free zones, in which to sleep or meditate...or survive a nuclear apocalypse. Wouldn't be that fun to hang out in there, though, without sunlight and fresh air.

An Ayurvedic teacher I've been reading says that he thinks EMF has an effect of creating more "marut" and "agni" in people, and depleting the soma. There are three components that make up prana which we take in from the universe: soma (nourishing cooling), agni (fire and transforming), marut (creates flow between the two). So people today tend to have excess internal or even emotional heat (agni) as well as vibrating energy (marut) they experience...things that create insomnia and chronic sympathetic nervous system arousal...especially people who are doing breathing practices or who are more sensitive and connected with nature. The EMF is combined with the natural prana of nature now. In addition to limiting EMF exposure (by not using the computer for long periods of time), he recommends getting good sleep (being asleep by 10 pm), and some dietary ways of increasing soma (for instance, boiled milk contains a lot of soma...notice that you become tired after drinking it. Soma permits one to sleep, and sleep increases soma). This teacher also says that you can pH test yourself to see if your soma and agni are balanced. There are a bunch of other ideas he has as well.

• Like 1

Bagua in the deep forest, far enough in my cel phone doesn't work, is the most amazing experience ever! :) :) :)

I have noticed a difference in the past 25 years, but that could just be me getting older and more cynical, so less openness to stuff. Not sure.

• Like 1

There are some phones that make my head swim now if I keep them close to my head, with hands free I don't feel much. Also near power lines and such.

Edited by xor

Bluetooth when actively being used really messes me up! I had a student walk into my temple once when he was on the phone, I nearly fell over. Being as I was in the temple, I was obviously VERY psychically open, but still, damn.

I'm a electrical engineer for about twenty years. I've spent a lot of time in the lab, where are roomful of electronic equipment. I'm sure the electromagnetic reading is over the roof.

Yet I feel like being home. The "noise" of the fan humming is very comforting to me.

I guess it all depends on what you're used to.