Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

got teased at a class haha

I turned 50 on the 24th of Sept, a couple Tuesdays ago. I also have a Qigong group on Tuesday mornings, a nice circle of elderly ladies (65 and up) who have been with me for about five years now. The class is held in an old house, in a large, airy old hall that was a music and dance hotspot at the turn of the century. The last century. There's a stage area with a grand piano behind me when I teach.

There's a stack of sheepskins, carpets and blankets that people can choose from for something to stand on, but I'm always either barefoot or wearing thin socks on the old wooden floor, while my Grandmas like it a little more cozy. They're pretty tough, they don't need chairs for the 90 minutes, but they always have to have something soft and warm under their feet.

On my birthday, my ladies really spoiled me. They sang a beautiful song in chorus in my honor and had brought carafes of coffee and tea, and cake and cookies, and presents for me. It was very touching.

And on the Tuesday after my birthday, there were only four of them there. Being retired they're often on tour somewhere (Italy, Greece, North Sea ... ) so that's not so uncommon. But on this morning, I decided, since there were so many sheepskins left over, to try one out.

I was on my usual spot in front of the piano. The four ladies were arranged in a semi-circle around me, and I was standing there on my sheepskin, wiggling my toes and saying something like, 'ooooh, cozy' when Monica, one of the more lively of the bunch said quietly:

'Yeah, it starts when you hit fifty'

AHHHH! I gave her a look! And kicked that damn sheepskin off to the corner of the room, yanked off my socks and ... just laughed the loudest laugh I've laughed in a long time :D

The whole bunch of us just belly laughed so long it took a while for me to gain my composure and start the class.

I love my Grandmas :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here you can get an idea of the house and the room:

http://www.form-farbe-wort.de/wort/artikel/blaues-haus/

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 11

That's it, I'm demanding sheepskins for my next qigong classes! ;)

Those are comfy, I have a couple. I never thought of practicing on them though....

• Like 1

Remind me of once in karate class, I can hear the instructor down the end "Go and take those off"

Guy leaves the mat with ugh boots (sheepskin ) on :laugh:

Warning ; Ugh boots can get soggy and uncomfortable when one is doing winter morning dragon breath warm-ups under a waterfall. ;)

• Like 2

vor-dem-auftritt.jpg

:wub:

haha, yes, that's it. The cello isn't normally there (and it isn't always so spiffy looking), it's used for small concerts and dance seminars, etc. There's a lot of Tango going on as well. It's a great place for Qigong. The house owners are really cool He has a gardening/landscaping business and she actually runs a huge hand loom, makes fabrics for clothing and pillows, very gorgeous stuff. She's also a Yoga teacher, so the place is well-equipped.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this