Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Introversion/Extroversion

Introversion/Extroversion

Aware of having greater tendency towards introversion since infancy, and still today in many ways/Feeling drawn towards social expansion (probably a natural tendency for many)

Aware of the importance of authenticity within/Aware of so much unauthenticity in the world and how people interact with each other, and not wishing to engage too much in it (is this just a projection coming from the observer???) but realising the necessity of doing so.

Self-ishness (focusing on the self with a view towards improvement)/Selflessness (sacrificing the self for the good of others?)

Being in the world but not of it/Being in the world and of it (where do you draw the line?)

Thoughts on effectively balancing the two?

Edited by T.S

tP7xnAt.jpg

I am an introvert. I am also a misanthrope.

I hate people, and I want to be left the **** alone.

Society however does force me into the role of a smiling extrovert.

It's very draining, but that is part of the job.

I put on a false mask to interact with almost everyone because it is necessary to do so.

If I won 700 million dollars in the lottery, you can bet your happy *** I'd be holed up in the most remote local you can imagine with enough food and supplies to last the rest of my life.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 5

It's not easy when you're on a completely different wavelength and your experiences and goals are completely different from 99% of the population.

Putting labels on oneself ,or others,

predisposes one to a particular set of behaviors,

and so is inherently less flexible than not doing so.

One may feel an overall label fits though , like MPG indicated ,

but --just by the fact that he responded to the post at all, makes it an extroverted act ,

and so, such a label is really circumstantially defined, for any of us.

• Like 1

Judgments of others aren't helpful to oneself. It's literally cultivating negativity within, and not doing anything to change the people. In fact, I think as long as we judge them, we keep them as they are...whereas if we let go of who we think they are, they are capable of changing. So judging = bad.

Self-consciousness is painful in social situations...so distract the mind from being self focused. Observe details about people instead. Talk about interesting things in the world, like current events. Find out about the other person...people like to talk about themselves, and paying attention to their stories distracts attention away from the sense of self.

Getting absorbed in self-consciousness is really the cause of "introversion". Especially when you've dealt with some hard situations where people treated you bad...it can be something we ruminate over, making those negative feelings associated with the self stronger and stronger. It's important to remember that it's a false sense of self...who you were is not who you are. So...focus on the world, and not the sense of self.

Emanate compassion, acceptance, love, and forgiveness to people (CALF). Feel these things for people as you look at them. Especially acceptance.

• Like 1

The more ok with myself I become, the more social I've become.

I've always been an introvert. But most people who know me now would not say this about me.

I can easily go days without taking to anyone, and not get lonely. But I know a lot of good people, and it's nice spending time with them.

Most of the people worth knowing appreciate the attitude, frankness, honesty and viewpoints of a person who is genuine, andinterested in higher goals.

For me, the inability to enjoy or even tolerate social interactions with less like-minded people was MY issue, not theirs.

The more I figure myself out and accept myself, the more I enjoy social interaction. And the less I need it.

• Like 4

I'm not an introvert or extrovert and think the labels can never accurately describe an individual.

I just want to talk to the people I find interesting. The rest I'm content with not interacting with.

John

• Like 2

If I won 700 million dollars in the lottery, you can bet your happy *** I'd be holed up in the most remote local you can imagine with enough food and supplies to last the rest of my life.

docsavage1.jpg

MPG training in Mo Pai meditation nude in front of the entrance to his underground Fortress Of Solitude at the arctic circle! B)

...intensively absorbing yang chi from the northern lights and yin chi from the eternal ice! :D

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 5

Introversion and Extroversion really have to do with where you get your energy from.

I am an introvert, and my ex was an extrovert.

I LOVE solitude and I get recharged after spending time with myself. She LOVES going out and gets recharged by interacting with people.

There is a certain connotation associated with introversion and I might not fit that. For example, last St. Patrick's day, I met up with a bunch of random guys and we went to this outdoor bar that had a band playing and everyone was just sitting around. I went centerstage and started doing the Irish jig (a brown guy doing Irish jigs mind you :D )

That was a fun night.

Love,

Sri

• Like 1

Thanks for giving the technical distinction. Most people are ambiverts. What makes one an introvert or extrovert is the slight or major preference for another.

Regarding balance. First of all, to thine own self, be true. Once you're true to your introversion or extraversion, then seek out activities that cater to the other preference.

Introversion and Extroversion really have to do with where you get your energy from.

I am an introvert, and my ex was an extrovert.

I LOVE solitude and I get recharged after spending time with myself. She LOVES going out and gets recharged by interacting with people.

There is a certain connotation associated with introversion and I might not fit that. For example, last St. Patrick's day, I met up with a bunch of random guys and we went to this outdoor bar that had a band playing and everyone was just sitting around. I went centerstage and started doing the Irish jig (a brown guy doing Irish jigs mind you :D )

That was a fun night.

Love,

Sri

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this