Sign in to follow this  
laughingblade

CAPTCHA on password reset page is impossible!

The catch is, if the captcha was easier to use, said hacker might likely have gotten into accounts with more simple passwords. Well that and the spambots were still getting in when it was an easier captcha.

Edit, Apech describes how to do it below :).

I changed my password in my profile page (emails and passwords) without any Catptcha thingy involved. It was easy just put your old password then the new one twice and that's it.

Yeah just nm what I typed, thank you Apech, I forgot that regular members can easily change their passwords! (us tech and mods can't lol).

I changed my password in my profile page (emails and passwords) without any Catptcha thingy involved. It was easy just put your old password then the new one twice and that's it.

Yeah, that worked fine for me, too -- until I realized that the other two devices I had connected got signed out and I didn't remember my username. :( After several guesses (including the correct one, strangely enough), I did a password reset. The Captcha thing worked fine but I had to zoom in and out because I was doing it on my (woefully misnamed) smartphone -- because I was too lazy to walk to another room and log into a real computer...

• Like 1

More important than changing your current pw is to do not click-confirm any password-change-confirmation e-mails that you did not initiate.

The most important thing really is to have a pw which is at least 8 characters long, preferably with capitol letters and/or letters and NOT any words found in the dictionary, nor common pet names :).

Hmmm...A Password 8 Characters Long, huh ?

How about "snow white and the seven dwarfs" ????

Hmmm...A Password 8 Characters Long, huh ?

How about "snow white and the seven dwarfs" ????

Would be just fine for TTBs ;).

Though SwAtsD33 would be better for say your bank, a shopping site and so forth!

Or...Brian

"You are NOT the Messiah, You are a very Naughty Boy"

:D:P:D

Thanks BKA....but now you've just gone & told EVERYONE :excl::excl: :excl: :blink::wacko::unsure: (LOL)

Edit: Add Brian & reply to BKA

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

Or...

"You are NOT the Messiah, You are a very Naughty Boy"

I resemble that remark!

:D

Sign in to follow this