Sign in to follow this  
SriChi

Six Healing Sounds Practice

Greetings Bums,

I want to add the Six Healing Sounds to my QiGong practice.

I've been perusing the forum and have seen lots of references to it, but where do I learn it from?

What are the best sources to pick this up from?

Your help is much appreciated.

Love,

Sri

Simple explanation with examples

http://www.universal-tao.com/article/smile.html

See Chapter 4:

http://www.universal-tao.com/archives/freebook.pdf

Realize that the 'sounds' are purging actions; you need to know how much purging which organ really needs; and then you shoulf follow up with tonifying because if you just do sounds you can deplete that organ's energy.

I am not sure why in the second link, he has the inner smile before the sounds but I would do it the other way around.

• Like 2

There are also different depths of doing the practice...like with anything else, you can work on the physical and work your way towards only manifesting intent.

:onionlayers:

• Like 2

There are also different depths of doing the practice...like with anything else, you can work on the physical and work your way towards only manifesting intent.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind Joeblast, but your post reminded me of something I'd heard about the healing sounds. Making the sounds out loud to release on a more physical level; making the sounds subvocally to release more subtle psychic tensions.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is what you had in mind Joeblast, but your post reminded me of something I'd heard about the healing sounds. Making the sounds out loud to release on a more physical level; making the sounds subvocally to release more subtle psychic tensions.

Nice info, thanks luke. Any sources you can recommend? Books, websites, DVDs? Thanks!

Simple explanation with examples

http://www.universal-tao.com/article/smile.html

See Chapter 4:

http://www.universal-tao.com/archives/freebook.pdf

Realize that the 'sounds' are purging actions; you need to know how much purging which organ really needs; and then you shoulf follow up with tonifying because if you just do sounds you can deplete that organ's energy.

I am not sure why in the second link, he has the inner smile before the sounds but I would do it the other way around.

Thanks dawei, I'll check these out after I get back home.

You mention about knowing how much to purge and tonifying. Are there resources that will help me understand these?

Thanks joeblast. What's been your personal experience with this, and what have been your sources?

Thanks dawei, I'll check these out after I get back home.

You mention about knowing how much to purge and tonifying. Are there resources that will help me understand these?

That's a easy question with many colorful answers.

The transmitter is your body; The ability of the receiver (whether you or another working on you) may be that some can see it, some can sense it, some can know it.

One reason to do the inner smile before healing sounds, and I mean not sequentially but as phases (so I mean, learn the inner smile first), is that this will get you to focus and meditate on the organ(s). You need to have the ability to feel/sense the state of the organ; needing to be purged, tonified or balanced. The safe best is to always do all three but one still needs to know what degree for each one.

In general, the kidneys need the lest purging as they are on average more depleted than not.

If you get the chance to learn how to sense it in another person, that will also help you feel it yourself too.

Making the sounds out loud to release on a more physical level; making the sounds subvocally to release more subtle psychic tensions.

That is generally how I was taught; louder is more organic and tangible, all the way to silent-sound is more spiritual. Pitch comes into use as well. To understand it, get the core sounds and test the various levels and pitches and keep a record of what you feel/experience.

• Like 3

Thanks joeblast. What's been your personal experience with this, and what have been your sources?

Mostly just Chia's material on it, it is one of the simple ones his material covers well. The refinements I got from other sources, some say do it more subtly, but training with Lin and correlating the way the yi jin jing refinements progress, it made sense to do the healing sounds every which way, work from the gross to the subtle and it becomes a deeper practice.

• Like 2

A practice I like to do from the Healing Tao is to focus on the heart and its qualities and make the heart sound-Haaahh and think Summer. Then move clockwise (left) imagine lungs, whiteness and do the lung sound Ssssss and think Fall. Move down roughly between the kidneys visualize dark blue/purple, maybe a bear walking in winter, and go Choooo. Circle right and up to the liver area, think green sunny swamp, and go Shhhhh and think Spring.

I think there's supposed to be a yellow/orange (heeeea ?) late summer in the cycle but I don't do it. No particular reason. There are movements taught that go along with each sound. There are also some gi gung forms that make use of them. Some of the 5 Animals Frolic forms use the sounds. Thus each sound = color, organ, animal, feeling, movement, even soul element.

• Like 2

I have an interesting anecdote about the healing sounds. A friend's mother developed the habit of puffing out air through pursed lips. She would do it anytime she had any kind of stress, which seemed kind of normal, but she began doing it all the time and it became chronic. My friend got annoyed with her mother, people would ask her to please just stop it already, that kind of thing.

But when I heard her doing it for the first time, it was so clearly the liver sound, letting off steam, that I asked her if there was something really causing her a lot of anger, or pent up rage. And of course there was - her husband, and I won't go into any more details than that. I told her that's why she was making the sound, to cool down the liver, and she actually understood what I meant, with no qigong experience at all.

Seems her liver knew what to do to heal and protect itself.

Also, this is very nice:

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 2

Greetings Bums,

I want to add the Six Healing Sounds to my QiGong practice.

I've been perusing the forum and have seen lots of references to it, but where do I learn it from?

What are the best sources to pick this up from?

Your help is much appreciated.

Love,

Sri

The are many versions of the healing sounds.

Healing sounds are very powerful, training them the right way brings great benefits but if you practice the wrong way it can cause tremendous damage and in some cases irreversible.

Unfortunately I see many people in my practice who hurt themselves by the lack of knowledge of the practices or bad coaching.
My recommendation to you is to find a qualified practitioner with this special training.
Good luck in your journey.
In light,
  • Like 1

I have an interesting anecdote about the healing sounds. A friend's mother developed the habit of puffing out air through pursed lips. She would do it anytime she had any kind of stress, which seemed kind of normal, but she began doing it all the time and it became chronic. My friend got annoyed with her mother, people would ask her to please just stop it already, that kind of thing.

But when I heard her doing it for the first time, it was so clearly the liver sound, letting off steam, that I asked her if there was something really causing her a lot of anger, or pent up rage. And of course there was - her husband, and I won't go into any more details than that. I told her that's why she was making the sound, to cool down the liver, and she actually understood what I meant, with no qigong experience at all.

Seems her liver knew what to do to heal and protect itself.

Also, this is very nice:

Thanks for sharing! That's a very cool story.

Healing sounds are very powerful, training them the right way brings great benefits but if you practice the wrong way it can cause tremendous damage and in some cases irreversible.

How can the six healing sounds be practiced incorrectly, and how can it cause irreversible damage?

• Like 2

On 10/14/2013 at 10:04 PM, Aetherous said:

How can the six healing sounds be practiced incorrectly, and how can it cause irreversible damage?

I am wondering the same thing. 

I have noticed people making these claims about certain practices, but not backing them up.

Amos

Lots of good stuff posted already, just thought I'd lay out a user friendly format since I really love this practice and use it frequently.

Heart/Small Intestine/Tongue/Blood vessles. "Haaaaaa" louder for physical heart issues or tongue ulcers, sub-vocally for anxiety, desire, overstimulation, hate.

Liver/Gallbladder/Eyes/Tendons/Joints/Ligaments. "Ssssshhhhh" louder for physical issues, sub-vocally for anger, stress, frustration 

Spleen/Stomach/Pancreas/Mouth/Muscles "Huuuu" (who) louder for digestive issues, sub-vocally for worry, or an over active mind.

Kidneys/Bladder/Bones/Ears/Brain "Choooo" louder for physical issues, sub-vocally for fear and phobias.

Lungs/Large Intestine/Nose/Skin "Ssssssss" louder for upper or lower respiratory issues and/or colon issues, sub-vocally for sadness and grief. 

• Like 4

On 10/14/2013 at 10:04 PM, Aetherous said:

On 12/1/2017 at 8:25 AM, joeblast said:

just dont flex them B)

fu organs are too sensitive for harsh methods - someone's personal story to me was not a pleasant one, he said it took him months to recover from having gotten his flexing sets to the point where he was working on organs and worked 'em too hard...liver especially, iirc

• Like 2

anecdotally.  I see my original link of Chia and he suggests an order of the sounds, to follow a Five Phase approach, although I don't see an explanation for why to start with Lungs.   I have seen patterns that suggest starting with Kidneys or Liver.

Chia:

Lung>>Kidney>>Liver>>Heart>>Spleen

In Medical Qigong, we simply took a practical order, to start with the liver... why ?  When you purge it, it can 'spray' about in directions, particularly upward.   So, if memory serves me, we did:   

Liver >>Lungs>>Heart>>Yellow Chamber (solar plexus, home of unprocessed emotions)>>Spleen>>Kidneys

The point was to purge the liver first and then go from top to bottom to purge stuff out of the body in a downward direction.   So the order was not based on Five Elements but of purging sequence.  Just to be clear, as soon as one purges an area, we would do the tonify and regulate before we left that organ... one organ down, on to the next one.

Not sure I can answer much about this now as that was many years ago and I don't really do this anymore.   

Just food for thought. 

• Like 2

I practiced only three of six healing sounds - a sound for heart, a sound for spleen/stomach and a sound for kidneys. Those are the easiest ones. I\ve been told that the other three are quite challenging in that if practice them wrong, a deviation may occur. From my experience with the former 3 sounds - they are quite powerful and can benefit health if practiced correctly and regularly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kara_mia said:

I practiced only three of six healing sounds - a sound for heart, a sound for spleen/stomach and a sound for kidneys. Those are the easiest ones. I\ve been told that the other three are quite challenging in that if practice them wrong, a deviation may occur. From my experience with the former 3 sounds - they are quite powerful and can benefit health if practiced correctly and regularly. 

That's kind of interesting... as those three are 'day-time' organs and the three skipped are night-time ones.

• Like 1

Does anyone here use this practice to go beyond the organs and go into the elements and shen spirits related to the organs? I'm curious because I do and have found using it this way to be very effective for inner stuff beyond only health stuff (which is very useful as well). 

• Like 1

Healing Sounds is a great practice!

Sounds for the heart and for the spleen help me a lot. When a lot of things happen around, especially at work, it often happens that emotions grow up inside and the heart strains. I need five minutes to improve my condition with the help of sound for the heart. Sound for the spleen is handfull to manage abdominal pain and problems with digestion.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this