Marblehead

Strange

I received a PM from a member this morning that read:

"This is not something YOU make."

That's all. I have no idea what "This" is and I am surprised that the person thinks they know what I can and cannot make.

Sad that the member has turned off the option to receive PMs from me so that I cannot question the intent behind the PM.

Life moves in mysterious ways.

This site and its subject matter, are outside of modern culture.

Hence it also attracts those who are outside of modern culture, who don't fit into society.

Since what they say and think is considered "crazy" by "normal" people, then alienated people have no feedback mechanism to keep them from going into genuine lunacy. The "normal" people don't see our discussions as any less crazy than guys who imagine things that are non-existant.

So, this board serves a valuable purpose in saying "no you are not crazy when you feel heat after waving your hands", and "yes you are crazy when you think people are attacking you over the Internet". *

* - reading old threads shows there is at least one member who thinks he is being attacked over the Internet when he posts here. He clearly doesn't understand that Forums are not "chats" - there is nothing "real-time" about a Forum - when you post, it is possible no one else is logged in. And your messages are "packets" - they don't actually connect back to your computer.

Edited by Coaster
  • Like 1

Life does move in mysterious ways, but more so some people move in mysterious ways. I have spent time with people on the internet, via email, working with them, offering advice , collation of material, research and reporting (paid and unpaid) ... and some of them ... ! (At least one was open and honest enough to eventually get back to me and apologise for disappearing and being weird and rude ... they had decided NOT to take their medication for a while and .... )

I am actually quiet surprised ( and that doesn't happen often) how many people DO have mental psychological and emotional problems to the level they (or others) think they need strong medication for. Some are just weird anyway; one recently sent me an email and told me to F OFF (in large print) as although we had been friendly on a site (not this one) I said I disagreed with their opinion ... they thought I should lie to them to make them feel better ??? :blink:

Anyway I haven't had my meds for a week ... check your in box ... (just joking)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Actually, that touches on issues in the most recent episode of Homeland (where the meds of the main character are a constant theme, in fact, it's probably unique in being a show about someone who is unstable without meds).

Actually, that touches on issues in the most recent episode of Homeland (where the meds of the main character are a constant theme, in fact, it's probably unique in being a show about someone who is unstable without meds).

I don't watch that program but I know the scenario well as I have been acquainted with people who have drug dependencies and that sucks.

Of course, I shouldn't talk too badly about that as I have my tobacco dependency. I'm not very nice when I need a smoke and can't have one for whatever the reason.

Perhaps it has its finger on the pulse of current 'social trends' ?

Someone recently told me this is 'fashionable' in some places lately. Yoiks!

Perhaps it has its finger on the pulse of current 'social trends' ?

Someone recently told me this is 'fashionable' in some places lately. Yoiks!

By "this" do you mean "Homeland" or "meds for psych issues" ?

If the former, it's definitely fashionable - Obama watches it.

If you can ignore all the "Hokey" stuff....like using a Mobile phone from inside a Maximum Security Bunker, etc etc.

Then "Homeland" is indeed great entertainment.

Season 3 just started here in the UK.

The flaws in the two main characters make them all the more realistic imo.

By "this" do you mean "Homeland" or "meds for psych issues" ?

If the former, it's definitely fashionable - Obama watches it.

I mean meds for VERY mild hardly psyche issues ... and not taking meds for BIG affirmed psyche issues