Ish

Purifying a Space

The exact mantra doesn't matter, any rituals you do don't in themselves have any effect, what it's about is YOUR mindset. Do whatever will make you feel calm, compassionate, focused, respectful and wise; and associate those with the room. You know this better than any of us could. :)

• Like 1

I like the Tibetan tingshas for clearing my room and for clearing a client's field... or my own! A Tibetan bowl would be great too, but a good one is really expensive. Both tingshas and bowls are made with multiple metals, and they have an extremely penetrating sound and effect. Seems like they just shatter any weird stuff...

If you get tingshas (or a bowl), try to listen to many sets before you pick one. They have different tones, some much more pleasant than others... Pleasant may not be what you're after, but that's my preference.

• Like 2

sage or sandalwood

Say Prayer

Go clockwise around room with sage then sandalwood paying attention to corners

Do what you KNOW how to do - no advice on here can come close to that

Set up energetic shielding

New clean space.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 5

Sage/cedar smudge stick, generously burnt and carried in your dominant hand.

Pay special attention to the corners, thoroughly smoke the entire space.

Orbit around all doors, windows and mirrors. Orbit the entire space.

Bells are another good method. I use a tibetan singing bowl and a string of bells.

Drums are also powerful at dispelling negative energy and clearing space.

For a heavy cleansing I will close every door and window on the perimeter of the house, then open every inner compartment drawyer, closet and cupboard/medicine cabinet, etc. within the house. In this case I use all three methods of cleansing, smudge stick, bowl and drum. Then open every door and window on the perimeter and let the new energy flow in.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

Once you have purified your room put your things away in a neat fashion.

That includes the contents of drawers and closets.

• Like 1

The reason why new homes and hotel rooms do not feel like home is because your aura has not saturated the area.

With that said, expand your aura past all the finite boundaries and colour it with your intent.

• Like 1

I like the Tibetan tingshas for clearing my room and for clearing a client's field... or my own! A Tibetan bowl would be great too, but a good one is really expensive. Both tingshas and bowls are made with multiple metals, and they have an extremely penetrating sound and effect. Seems like they just shatter any weird stuff...

If you get tingshas (or a bowl), try to listen to many sets before you pick one. They have different tones, some much more pleasant than others... Pleasant may not be what you're after, but that's my preference.

Tingshas are great for that but in my experience they are a medium for intention, i.e. I don't just ding them and that is it, intention is coupled to the sound and 'travels off' or radiates with it, Some say the tingsha doesn't stop ringing but becomes less audible and eventually vibrates only in the 'other world' That is why one should not stop it or muffle it,

I used to sell them along with a whole range of Nepalese stuff ( I knew importers who were friends with a family in Nepal). Traditionally the good one's were made of ... (I don't know the word in the Buddhist tradition... in western magical tradition it is called Magicum Electrum) a blend of the 7 planetary metals; gold and silver are cast together during the appropriate Sun Moon conjunction then the other metals for each planet are added when in good position. Nowadays most of them are cast from old blown engine blocks and assorted recycled metal. The number of symbols on them is supposed to relate to the amount of metals; usually 5 or 7. (I use a phurba too).

Hey guys and gals.

Just moved into a new room - would like to hear your tips and tricks for purifying an area.

In particular any mantras that are appropriate?

Thanks!

I guess the method depends on your tradition (as opposed to a new one that has to be learned (there is good advice above on that). My tradition is the Western Magical / Hermetic. I suppose the base ' purification' is centred on variations of the banishing pentagram ritual . .. incense (fire and air) . knocks or rings, circumambulations, aspurging with salt water (earth and water), God name vibrations, etc.

Stage one is basically clearing out the space and 'pushing' the energy outside of your circle or aura (starting from the 'one point' - or Hara ... I have a Japanese tradition as well). After a while, when one develops and becomes a little more adept a different formular is used ... acceptance; all energies are invoked and drawn in and counterbalanced with each other and neutralised ... but that comes after the first stage.

My favourite is a little personal eclectic one harvested from various sources including the pentagram banishing ,, a circle purification using elements from a Wiccan coven I was in and a mixing and consecration of those elements (before dispersal) from the first part of the Gnostic Mass.

Or sometimes I just visualise a blue/white point of light in the Hara and expand it out to make an egg of the same substance at the edge of the 'auric field'.

• Like 1

Hey Nungali,

I love the image of the intention radiating out with the sound!

Any tips on how to tell a "good one" from one made out of old engine blocks?

I would guess they sound different...

• Like 1

Oh dear, I am having trouble driving this thing ... I cant seem to paste of a word doc (or anything in this reply box) I had as a back up and then when I went to reply I hit the unlike button on your post ... ooops. :(

I will try again ...

Hey Nungali,

I love the image of the intention radiating out with the sound!
Any tips on how to tell a "good one" from one made out of old engine blocks?
I would guess they sound different...

Yes the sound is different , hard to describe; it should have internal waves and pulses of sound, like it is pulsating within the main tone. The sound from one ring should last a long time and gradually fade so it is hard to detect when it actually becomes 'silent'. Other tips; it will be expensive, probably antique and should come with a reliable reputation (from an expert or trader ... most knock offs in the shops don't come with an informed salesman).

I was lucky in that my friends, importers were totally into it, wen to Nepal constantly and hunted ... and knew their stuff. They had some amazing things like giant thigh bone trumpets (yak bone nowadays , cant get human bone in to the country and Nepalese don't want it to go out, they want to preserve the traditional ones that are left), large size multi metal inlayed and jewelled dorjes, phurba, kartikas , skull choppers, skull bowls etc. even a 'demon queller set' (5 ritual implements; chopper, dorje, sword, tongs and ...? can't remember ... all on long ornate and jewelled poles) for .... battling and subduing demons ...

But I don't think Ish would need that in the new room ;)

It's the same with bowls. A good properly made one will probably have to be antique (real antique ... they make fake 'antiques' too) possibly beaten . A good bowl, when filled with the right amount of water should make a geometric or 3-D mandala 'standing fountain' of water as the surface vibrates and ... well ... levitate; particles and little droplets of water seem to vibrate and rise and fizz when the bowl is struck and vibrates.

AS far as being able to tell if the metals were mixed at significant astrological planetary aspects ... ???

I just remembered I have also used a conch in the past for a similar purpose - mostly outdoors.

• Like 1