BaguaKicksAss

Please help me figure out, day of the week for treatments ;)

Which day of the week?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which day of the week would you personally book a treatment

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday
  2. 2. morning or afternoon/eveinng?

• before 2pm
    • after 2pm

Since I'm just starting out, I'm going to go with 1-2 days per week for office space for the medical qigong treatments. I'm curious which days are most likely that folks would want such a treatment? Obviously most of you are not local to me, but I figure out preferred days and times are sort of a universal thing. If medical qigong isn't your thing, just think about when you would personally go in for any alternative healing/treatment.

I prefer late afternoon so I don't have to see clients after I get treated. Which day doesn't matter to me, but I live out of town, so seldom ask for a weekend appt. Not your normal client.

If you think you might be treating a person more than once a week, you will want non-consecutive days. Friday and Monday are currently the days most in demand in my practice. I don't work weekends, and lots of people do ask for Saturday...

Retired people usually want to come early in the day. Folks with jobs usually prefer after work. Another question you might consider is, when is your qi strongest/most effective? Or, when do you prefer to give treatments? I used to be a morning therapist, kind of wimpy in the late afternoon, and now that's really my best time.

Decisions, decisions! Don't obsess too much about it: once you're known, people will come when you're available.

• Like 1

Good point about people likely not wanting to go back to work after a treatment. Folks tend to seem like it is the first time they have ever fully relaxed in their life! Going back to work would probably kill that completely.

Thank you for letting me know the popular and unpopular days. When one is starting out you can rent office space by the day or half day, and get to choose certain days each week. No wonder Sunday is the least expensive ;).

Oh good point about when my qi is the strongest.... there will be no 9am sessions if I take this into account.

May I ask if you live in a large city? I've been debating evenings or not, but around here people seem to have so many after work activities that I wonder if they would be free during that time. Though so far my appointments have all NOT been during regular work hours.....

I responded "Monday" "before 2pm" because I always try to make all appointments first thing in the AM (and Mondays when practical) because my schedule is less likely to have been derailed by then...

:)

• Like 1

since you can rent by the half day, instead of renting 2 full days maybe try 4 half days and this way you can

see which days attract more people.

My schedule is such that I am able to do Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

I try to make my appointments between 2pm and 4pm that would be for things like dental or eye checkups.

HOWEVER, if I need or really want to see a practitioner for a specific problem I will juggle my schedule to get an appointment.

Many practitioners here are open after normal working hours to accommodate people who work 9 - 5.(NYC)

One thing you might do is see what hours other types of practitioners are open in your area or what are the times that are booked

where you plan to rent - odds are these are the good hours.

• Like 1

I think weekends. Less stress, more time to prepare before and chance for quietude afterwards.

• Like 1

May I ask if you live in a large city? I've been debating evenings or not, but around here people seem to have so many after work activities that I wonder if they would be free during that time. Though so far my appointments have all NOT been during regular work hours.....

I work in a small city with a LOT of activities available. This place rocks! But I don't think all the activities compete with late afternoon therapies. 4-7 pm offers popular slots, as people can go on to their dinner, concerts, whatever... if you haven't made them so relaxed they just want to sleep!

• Like 2

Very good point about checking out when others work and have a lot of bookings. I find that most work mon-fri 9-5, and wonder if that is personal preference, or just when the most people book time.

At a guess, I'm assuming the time slots of the one place which are $75 have a lot more bookings than the time slots which are $25 ;).

I find that most work mon-fri 9-5, and wonder if that is personal preference, or just when the most people book time.

Definitely personal preference! Therapists want to play too! (Also important if they have families...)

But offering a few non-standard appt times, like Saturday and evenings, should be a plus for building a practice...

• Like 2

Good! Because I prefer to leave the house about 1pm each day ;). Well that and I have my other job as well which keeps me busy for part of the day. I definitely don't plan to replace my day job, as I love it, just have something to add onto it. I'm quite happy to hear that many folks like evening treatments.

the best thing to do is schedule your office time when it suits you best and see what happens.

You can always adjust your schedule.

• Like 3

I would add Saturday & Sunday afternoons as attractive options for me, BKA.

• Like 1