Sign in to follow this  
yondaime109

Does meditating to an element lead to gaining abilities associated with it?

Say if I were to meditate on fire all the time. Being it, Playing with it, and feeling wouldn't I eventually gain the ability to stay warm in cold places and set things on fire. And if I meditated on air wouldn't I eventually become lighter and swifter?

I'm asking this because I read this: http://theforgottenelemtentchikung.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=1

I know for a fact that when I do focus on being surrounded by flames I start to heat up even in cold places so I might've been filling utilizing the fire elemental energy while doing this.

shaman

likes rocks

rocks are round

and got edges

and stuff

stuffedd

Edited by skydog

shaman

likes rocks

rocks are round

and got edges

and stuff

stuffedd

Reminds me of the quote from Principia Discordia:

Ignotius: Idealism lives with rules. Realism lives with rocks.

Hill: Yeah. I get along better with rocks.

-------------

My view is this:

Humans are the mediators between Heaven and Earth. Earth is the tangible, physical. Heaven is the spiritual, realm of forms and ideas. (Just my interpretation)

Meditating with elements harmonizes the Heavens & Earth. Meditating on anything will do this, however elements are a pure expression of Earth, so these meditations can be uniquely beneficial. This is because meditation always has an intention (even if it is just letting go), which is spiritual. There is always an object of meditation, whether it is breath or an element or a mantra, which is the "Earth."

Pure abstract thinking is similar to getting lost in the heavens. Yet, Earth with no Heaven is directionless and leads to impulsive or reactionary temperments. Of course, it is good to stray into Pure Heaven and Pure Earth from time to time, but it is wise to know discernment on how to manuever between the realms. Shamans work with these three layers in a experiential way where it is directly seen or felt, yet we can all work with these layers in a metaphorical way that is rooted in reflection and insight.

BUT to answer the question: Meditating on Fire gives you Fire Awareness. Even if you do not gain the physical properties of fire through this meditation, you gain insights of how Fire is itself, how Fire relates in your body (for instance, I've heard the word metabolism is rooted in the Indian word "tapas" or fire), and how it also relates to the cosmos. This will help you get in harmony with all of nature Is simple Awareness an Ability? Probably not, but it can help you unlock your innate abilities.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 1

Say if I were to meditate on fire all the time. Being it, Playing with it, and feeling wouldn't I eventually gain the ability to stay warm in cold places and set things on fire. And if I meditated on air wouldn't I eventually become lighter and swifter?

I'm asking this because I read this: http://theforgottenelemtentchikung.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=1

I know for a fact that when I do focus on being surrounded by flames I start to heat up even in cold places so I might've been filling utilizing the fire elemental energy while doing this.

Sure it takes an eternity.

This is when your are not natural genius.

One need focus and percepetion.

This is need to discern thought from energy one try to access.

Else you would like try Autogene Training.

You can warm yourself with this.

Else if it is heat look for Wim Hof.

so OP, is this related to your Psychic Seduction BS?

Why would it be? And psychic seduction isn't BS, It clearly works for the people who try it out so be quiet about it.

Sign in to follow this