Sign in to follow this  
rex

New Forum Descripition & Welcome Message

Hey Sean!

With reference to the new welcome message, does this mean that Tao Bums is changing direction to be more specifically Taoist or are we still welcome to talk about other things as well?

:)

No, not at all. I just kind of whipped that together to give a general feel of things for newcomers. Definitely let me know if you think of anything to revise or add.

Played around with it a little more. Added a blurb about how we have a tendency toward the eclectic and discussion of all paths is welcome.

to give a general feel of things for newcomers.
Nice addition.

Suggestion:

Underline "check your email and validate your email address" because "registration is a three step process" and the other two steps are underlined.

Most of us are syncretic at heart. Discussion is encouraged to wander eclectically across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice, whether Buddhist, Yogic, Tantric, Judaic, Advaitic, Christian, Islamic, Shamanic, Occult, "New Age", Integral...

Super! Much more inclusive.

I like it.

You might wish to include something to the effect - all discussion and practices

are welcome which enhance physical, mental, or spiritual quality of life.

My two psetas. I find it a little long and too taoish. The majority of our discussions aren't particularly tao oriented. I think throwing out the jargon so early might keep some people away. If we seem to be attracting fewer new members maybe it should be made briefer and even more inclusivy (as always if you can't find the right word, make one up).

Michael

FYI, one of the purposes of this information block is for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), so people into Taoism and related subjects can find TTB in Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. more easily.

Sean

I don't like it at all and wish you would just get rid of it!!

*sips beer*

Agreed. Fuck SEO. Finding TTB is easy. No pimping is required. Or desired.

But do what you feel you must if doing what you feel you must is what determines what you do.

Agreed. Fuck SEO. Finding TTB is easy. No pimping is required. Or desired.

But do what you feel you must if doing what you feel you must is what determines what you do.

FYI, this forum doesn't exist in search engines for most any Taoist term. In what way do you think finding TTB is easy? Most of the keywords used to find this forum are really obscure and/or bizarre, e.g. "anal breathing" and "joe rogan tattoo". :lol:

Anyway, I like the block even outside of SEO purposes, I think it's well written and provides a useful introduction to the forum.

Sean

Sean,

Do we really want non-anal breathers here anyways? Something to consider.

Maybe consider mentioning a few popular practices, feats, and teachers discussed might could bring in more nice folks.

Yoda

Sean,

Do we really want non-anal breathers here anyways? Something to consider.

Maybe consider mentioning a few popular practices, feats, and teachers discussed might could bring in more nice folks.

Yoda

Anal breathers are quite welcome, as are fans of Joe Rogan's tattoos. We are an all inclusive community. :lol: I'm sure that text box will evolve a lot over time. I'm playing with a bunch of things right now.

Sign in to follow this