Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

People using the general board as Personal Practice Discussion

There are threads that run for pages with only a single user posting. Its obviously there focused on a personal interest and one that few or no one are answering. Yet its at the top of the screen every day for weeks.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it more properly belongs in a PPD. I'm particularly thinking 'Compound Bow Hunting'. Drew is posting on it every day, sometimes multiply. Its his personal diary, which is fine, but it'd be better in a PPD. Frankly so would the 'Fukishima' thread. Its his daily posting obsession not others.

I'm not a fan of the 'America is Declining' but it gets a variety of posters and views represented. Whereas the other 2 are Drew using the board as his diarize his obsessions.

To me the best solution is to ask him if he'd allow the mods to put them into a PPD. Odds are he won't. Which might be his right. Still I don't like the clutter.

Edited by thelerner

there was a ppf created for drew and his attention brought to that in hopes he could take the hint. the fukishima and bow hunting threads at least are in the pit and not in generaL discussion or off-topic.

at the time we created his ppf, there were a few other things going on and it got put on a back burner. that does happen here.we'll see what other mods think about this.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this