Skyblue2727

Hi, I'm new here please help :)

Hello everyone,

Basically I'm trying to learn mindfulness and improve my life through meditation because I'm going through a lot of issues.

My therapist told me I don't have enough Yin and maybe too much Yang which leads to excess and self destructive behaviours to compensate. I suppose I'm kind of disconnected from myself and one thing he told me to do is be more aware but I think it's not always easy.

My astrological sign is a Libra so I should be a lot more in Balance if that is any relevant information but I guess as thing piled up and left untreated I felt out of balance.

Anyways I don't know if I'm in the right place but I would appreciate any advice and perhaps some information on where to start?

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums Skyblue.

You will find advice in plenty on the forum but your best bet would be to read through various sections and posts to see which path or practice most appeals to you, then seek advice. It is a broad church here and there are almost as many paths followed as there are members.

Before you dive in however please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also have a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ Things are pretty easy going here and this will cover just about all you need to know.

Good luck in finding the answers you seek,

Chang