Sign in to follow this  
juliank

Cultivation and Gratitude

As one deepens in ones practice it is inevitable that one will start to notice just how massive discontent, anger, and dissatisfaction there are in others hearts. Especially when it comes to the workplace/school where as time passes people start to notice a certain peace and contentment envelop you. It may cause resentment in others or curiosity, some may be more drawn to you.

Regardless, at that time is when one needs to feel a deep sense of peace and compassion for others. The ego is a trickster that will try and create a you vs the world wrt to spiritual progress. That very moment is when one must sharpen the knife of clarity and prostrate before the God of Gratitude and the God of Compassion.

Honestly, the techniques that are outlined in these forums are powerful and if applied with sincerity of intent and clarity of purpose will bring results. It is I feel ones responsibility to project that energy outwards with discernment and work to transform others. Actions and maintaining a clean inner mental environment are key to this.

I just wanted to write this as I feel a deep sense of gratitude for coming across certain spiritual techniques and having the wherewithal to apply them in this lifetime and also compassion for others who may not have peace right now or even know that it is possible.

• Like 4

Timely words! Thank you!

So far I have learnt one thing: be highly selective of the people you interact with on a daily basis. Especially when you are close to someone's energy field, they can pull all your chi from you if you're not careful. Any hint of trying to prove something to someone, is a loss of Chi, that is a transmission to them for free. And most of the time your Chi is received in ingratitude, the person does not care. In fact, it goes elsewhere: to their slave masters.

The way out is abiding in No-Mind. A state characterised by effortless gratitude. All you have to do in No-Mind is just Be, the very state of Be-ing is complete gratitude and complete fulfillment and complete compassion. However I may say that it takes meticulous work to get into No-Mind. You have to be spotlessly clean, in all ways. The past does not matter however, it is entirely irrelevant so long as you disengage all the energy hooks; disengaging them is the most important thing anyway. You can have 10,000 defilements and bad karmas. The second you disengage the self-generated energy hooks, these cease to be relevant altogether. Life goes Forward, not back then forward, just Forward.

If your inner space is purified, your room/abode is purified, your flow/diet is purified, then No-Mind will arise. It is the natural result of Dan Tien breathing and Microcosmic orbit, incorporated into the flow itself. Inner Smile is assuredly of crucial essence. Dan Tien and Microcosmic Orbit will generate Power/Bliss but there is yet room for arrogance to seed, and Yang will overrun the body. There is no room for arrogance where Divine Happiness fills the room, so Inner Smile it is.

A forced No-Mind is not No-Mind but trying to No-Mind will eventually generate No-Mind once you learn how to "apply effort to becoming effortlessness" or "making the Silence louder". So keep trucking! Always conserve energy more than anything, you are a Divine being doing Divine Work and you deserve it, believe me. You deserve it because you have asked to be grateful and consequently all you must now do is further Be Grateful and anchor your Grateful Self into the Present Self. You live for the rest of the world and the rest of the world needs the strongest you there is, because it is counting on You, even when it spits venom at you it is an earnest cry for help, so remember: Be Grateful

This is advice to myself first and foremost and also to all others who are seeking! Bless you forever and ever <3

Edited by fluidity
  • Like 1

Fluidity,

That last paragraph was especially key for me. Know that truly and deeply that you are doing divine work by spreading that silence and peace even though others may laugh or as you said spit venom at you. Be grateful for the venom haha.

One can even have a sense of humor about these things. I was thinking how in my meditation practice when a negative thought pattern arises I either acknowledge it and go back to breath, or sometimes I will laugh at it. Yes, I laugh at the thought form as if it's a naughty child trying to steal cookies on the sly, let it know that I see what it's trying to (bring the divine energy down) and I go back to breath.

Well, I realize now that one can do the same with people ! When people spit venom at you or are trying to bring your peaceful energy down, one can laugh at them internally. Not in a malicious way of course, or in an arrogant haughty way, but with a spirit of amused knowingness, much like one laughs at a child who tries to feed his vegetables to the dog underneath the table ahah....

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this