skillzLeet

ANONYMOUS Declaration of Freedom Nov. 5, 2013

not so sure about this..

it could easily be a government controlled opposition..

• Like 2

I guess it could be, but it doesn't seem likely . . . remember Occupy Wallstreet?

It's basically a bunch of people who want to take the governmental control away from the coorporations imo.

hmm yeh I guess so..

I was watching this video on Tibetan demonstrations and even though I felt sad about all the tibetans (even made me cry)

I can kind of understand how some people only think in terms of monetary gain and power and dont care about other stuff, maybe that is there role in life or something.

Then spirituality could often be viewed as bad for society (and trust me this is probably the first time I have articulated this thought)

So it seems there will always be two extremes between society and spirituality, keeping in balance and harmony avoiding becoming too extreme or maybe they are meant to become extreme then rebalance again.

But anyways I definately want and know there will be changes in the future.

But reading some of that stuff about "eg bankers will be put on trial" sounded a bit extreme, I mean my dad was a banker, and some people find it hard to understand different perspectives.

I dont know rambling here.

Agree and disagree

I guess it could be, but it doesn't seem likely . . . remember Occupy Wallstreet?

It's basically a bunch of people who want to take the governmental control away from the coorporations imo.

Ummm...

You thought the Occupy movement was grassroots???

lulz

:)

I'm serial here. Super duper cereal...

• Like 2

That is a good point, and I think a lot of it has to due with the way we have been raised, to be docile, submissive, and even fearful of the government.

Alan Moore - "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.

By: Thomas Jefferson"

http://foundersquotes.com/quotes/god-forbid-we-should-ever-be-twenty-years-without-such-a-rebellion/

You realize that whole thing with Snowden is about the secret government control being revealed?

Ummm...

You thought the Occupy movement was grassroots???

lulz

:)

I'm serial here. Super duper cereal...

Nah, I think my other quotes answered that question, we can look to the founding fathers for the roots of the movement, which include, but is not limited to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Nice attempt at a strawman though, (not).

Do you commonly spout off fallacious arguments for people to chase? I'm pretty sure you are educated enough to know the difference between a sound argument and a fallacious one.

Edited by skillzLeet

D00d, I wasn't making any argument at all -- I was merely laughing at your naivety. Occupy was an orchestrated distraction and Anonymous is a bunch of attention-whore wannabes who don't even realize they are being played (just like the Occupy children). Neither the Federalists nor the Anti-Federalists would have recognized either group as kindred spirits.

And what activism have you partaken in?

So you are saying that it is naive to demand and protest peacefully . . .

I wonder what you would suggest as an alternative means?

Heavens, no! I encourage and applaud your enthusiasm, actually. I ask you to question who is pulling the strings, that's all. Don't burn out your passion being focused by design.

I'd recommend reading Cat's Cradle and see if that disturbs you...

Snowden, Assange, Manning, are all giving evidence and reason for everyone to take a stand against the corruption. Does anyone really consider what is happening to be Just?

Who is pulling the strings are the people, the people who are outraged with these events and outright violation of their privacy and liberties that had cost many lives in the past to attain. People are becomming more informed and are standing up, regardless of anonymous, it's about the people and their freedoms.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

If you think of yourself as good, yet do nothing in the face of evil, are you really good?

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." -JFK

Edited by skillzLeet

haha so cool this thread. I just recorded a show on politics... basically, if we do nothing about what we want to change, then stop complaining. Public awareness, education and presentation is very necessary to raise awareness about issues. The more people who are in the know, the more momentum to stand up will manifest...over time.

Peacefully protesting: Don't buy name brand anything, don't go to big name supermarkets, try for one week to not buy gas, not use public transportation...:-) Sacrifices must be made in order for change to occur, but once we sacrifice our dignity and freedom, we fall down a deep hole of ignorance.

• Like 4

5k1llzl33t,

You still miss my point, and your paranoid PMs don't help your case, IMHO.

I share many of your concerns but I am trying to suggest to you that things may not be what they seem and to encourage you to question whether the groups you are referencing in the present (OWS & Anon) and several similar groups are really who you think they are. The establishment has read Burke and Jefferson and Moore along with Marx and Alinsky, to name a few, and know full-well that the easiest way to avoid losing control is to let the well-intentioned youth of a generation vent their angst through public avenues only thinly veiled as back alleys. Having done their self-righteous protesting, they soon tire, only to be replaced by the next set and the next mock-grassroots organization.

Question the organizations themselves...

haha so cool this thread. I just recorded a show on politics... basically, if we do nothing about what we want to change, then stop complaining. Public awareness, education and presentation is very necessary to raise awareness about issues. The more people who are in the know, the more momentum to stand up will manifest...over time.

Peacefully protesting: Don't buy name brand anything, don't go to big name supermarkets, try for one week to not buy gas, not use public transportation...:-) Sacrifices must be made in order for change to occur, but once we sacrifice our dignity and freedom, we fall down a deep hole of ignorance.

Yes, personal acts of conscience, from the heart and without fanfare. This is the way to effect change. Not briefly making a spectacle of yourself or committing self-justified vandalism.

Graffiti is rarely remembered...

• Like 3

please keep political threads in Offtopic teknix

Rofl, I wonder how many people, accounts, and IP's you guys have wrongly banned over the years because you thought it was teknix or informer.

More government oppression!!!

:angry:

Nah this is much worse, it is attempted Taoist oppression.

• Like 1

I agree why is this in Offtopic...

Rofl, I wonder how many people, accounts, and IP's you guys have wrongly banned over the years because you thought it was teknix or informer.

lol like dagon and daong

and what is this some people are so scared of rebellion, like little sissies

Edited by skydog

Hehehe.

But then, rules are rules. I, an Anarchist, likely know this as well as anyone. And this thread is a good "off topic" discussion. I mean, American Politics doesn't have much to do with Taoist or Buddhist philosophy. In fact, American Politics doesn't have much to do with anything.

• Like 3

Also I dont think Occupy was a fake.

It existed in many countries and was never aired on Tv, many people peacefully protested and it created a lot of awareness. I think that could be a little paranoid and a way of justifying inaction (which is common)

I was just questioning the elaborate plans in this video seemed funny to me.

Edited by skydog

Follow the money, my friend. Follow the money...

And remember that the ones in power are often not the ones holding political offices. In this case,the poster child brags of having collapsed economies, and of fomenting the overthrow of governments, and speaks openly of an intent to establish a global autocracy for the good of the people.

Sorry, but when you give someone a vacation and they break the rules by creating a new username to try and skirt their ban and the terms of using TTBs, they get watched. And when evidence all lines up that its pretty much the same person, what else do you do but address it and most likely give a more severe or permanent ban.

• Like 1

Follow the money, my friend. Follow the money... And remember that the ones in power are often not the ones holding political offices. In this case,the poster child brags of having collapsed economies, and of fomenting the overthrow of governments, and speaks openly of an intent to establish a global autocracy for the good of the people.

fair enough, thanks for sharing your observations, I will consider/look into them.