Seth Ananda

So what's the deal with the Icy temperature accompanying demonic manifestation?

Its not all the time but Its often enough. I was wondering as demons are often portrayed all red and fiery, but I am yet to feel a heat blast from one.

Infact so far Angelic beings have sometimes felt very warm, like being near a gentle sun..

I really wish I had had a room thermometer during the last one. Just to know whether it was an actual temp drop, or more psychosomatic in nature...

Any theories?

Well two things come to mind at the moment

1) They are composed entirely of yin energy

2) Linked to negative emotions e.g fear, apathy which are all very cold. Compare to the feeling of love from the heart which generates a beautiful warmth.

How did you manage to get a demon to come to you? :D

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

I figure for the same reasons the dead create that lower temperature. Well also, some have to get the energy to manifest here somehow, so they take it from the atmosphere, people, etc.

There are some awesome ghost hunting supplies which can be made cheaply for testing such things ;).

• Like 1

I wish that I had more time to address this matter, but:

In Dante’s Inferno, Satan is portrayed as a giant demon, frozen mid-breast in ice at the center of Hell.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante%27s_Satan)

Such beings have no energy of their own, they need energy to manifest. Heat is energy, literally electromagnetic energy in the infrared spectrum or such energy stored in the electron orbits of atoms. In order to manifest they absorb energy from the air. In many of these ghost hunting shows they document temperature variations with infrared cameras and with portable thermometers. Angelic beings are powered by 'divine' energy, they have no need to absorb from the atmosphere.

Both of the above suggests are substantially correct. It is the popular view of demons that is misleading at best, hell has already frozen over.

• Like 2

What else do you sense(taste, smell, heaviness, etc) other than cold or is cold just the common denominator?

Interesting responses, thank you :)

So 'ghost hunting' equipment does register an actual temperature drop. Thats cool, I want some.

As for demons not having their own energy, thats strange to me. I need to ruminate on that.

I would probably lean towards thinking that they have the energy of harsh extremes, rather than 'no energy' which sounds kind of Christian. {in the way that Christianity sometimes reinterpreted a beings nature to fit their worldview} Have any other/earlier cultures said that?

The last time, the demon seemed to radiate the most intensely frosty temperature. I felt like {temperature wise} I was standing in front of a howling blizzard of Ice, and was slightly worried about getting frost bite on my face...

The dead is an interesting point as well. I have felt those chilli spots in haunted places but they were far less icy...

How and why are you having demons near you?

I cultivate relationships on various levels. But to find out if we like each other, we first have to meet... :)

I have found some demons (daemons) to have quite a bit of particular types of energy, and others to be devoid of energy, and others to have some pretty nasty energy, and others to have healing energy... and so forth.

Me too. Some are hideous energetically and some less so or not at all. Some have been greatly slandered for not being angels, who can actually be quite wise and benevolent when treated with respect.

Though checkout the current discussion in the Taoist magic section, I think there are different definitions of demons! ;)

Will do.

Most of the ghost hunting equipment can be easily built from a trip to radio shack if you are even half handy with such things... or bought cheaply on ebay. EMF meters are fun too. Then there is EVP recording...

it would be interesting to have some of this gear. i will look into it.

The whole extra frosty thing, I would guess is more the entity in particular either being like that or wanting to affect you. It sounds from your description like more than just the regular cold area thing that often happens. Now I'm curious, how did you feel the next day?

Felt good the next day :)

• Like 1

How and why are you having demons near you?

It's a funny hobby some magician's have, like stamp collecting only . . . different.

I have found some demons (daemons) to have quite a bit of particular types of energy, and others to be devoid of energy, and others to have some pretty nasty energy, and others to have healing energy... and so forth.

Though checkout the current discussion in the Taoist magic section, I think there are different definitions of demons! ;)

I had noticed that discussion. You have a very broad definition of demon which can easily be misconstrued. A little terminological neatness might avoid misunderstandings. Iamblichus De Mysteriis covers the hierarchy of spirits as it was conceived in his time in great detail.

As for demons not having their own energy, thats strange to me. I need to ruminate on that.

I would probably lean towards thinking that they have the energy of harsh extremes, rather than 'no energy' which sounds kind of Christian. {in the way that Christianity sometimes reinterpreted a beings nature to fit their worldview} Have any other/earlier cultures said that?

rather than 'no energy' which sounds kind of Christian: The metaphysics and ontology are fundamentally Platonic, though Christianity certainly assimilated them. In my posts on demons, which I attempted to put in a useful form here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/27141-theurgia-goetia-on-gods-and-demons/?p=405616

I analyze the evolution of the concept of demon and how it developed from antiquity. I was not able in those threads to actually get to the notion of demon in its modern sense as a basically malevolent being, but some of the important points were introduced. Interestingly I don't think that demons in this sense have a place in the hierarchy that Iamblichus outlines, nor in the later Platonists, such as Proclus, but rather I think that it more derives from 'gnostic' reworkings of Zoroastrianism, wars in heaven and that sort of thing.

I would probably lean towards thinking that they have the energy of harsh extremes: This is why they are, to use Greek terminology, in Tartarus and not Hades. They are kept in confinement on a low energy diet because when they get out and run amok, well . . . all hell breaks lose.

Your body, by the way, doesn't have its own energy, but must derived it from sunlight stored in various foodstuffs. Why should the demons be any better than your body?

My own thinking it is all tied up with 'the Great Chain of Being' (The title of a wonderful book by Arthur Lovejoy by the way) which you can read about here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_chain_of_being

and the notions of Cosmos, in which there is a place for everything, even completely malevolent beings. In particular the discussion in Plato's Laws X.

I don't have time for much more now, but I hope this is helpful.

P.S. Just noticed Seth Ananda's reply to turtle shell, as I was finishing the above, my own is, of course, intended as humorous.

• Like 3

Hi Seth,

The issue is that various beings are deeper in consciousness then your normal state. The mind often processes it as cool/cold temperature. The same thing happens to people who do deep inquiry before they are ready for it. It is kind of like deep sea diving and you are not used to the pressure and gasping for air, but in this case it is more like not enough energy for the "depth". With ongoing interaction and experience at that depth, you will probably get use to the "pressure difference" and be less likely to feel the chill.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 1

The most complete and detailed classifications of demons can be found in esoteric Islam. Other traditions had their moments too when demons became so prominent that vast taxonomies were undertaken, but much of that knowledge is either lost or went underground.

Particular temperatures are associated with lesser, one-phase ("element') demons, of which some are cold, some are fiery, and some are foul smelling on top of that, while others are neither hot nor cold but instead heavy, or restless, or lusty, etc. etc.. Some are very ugly and some are very beautiful in ways that wouldn't be recognized as beauty by undamaged senses. The bigger and more powerful ones (the "incorporated" ones which are composite entities spread over vast territories, sometimes globally) don't manifest their presence in ways immediately available to human sensory perceptions, which are increasingly being shut down from before birth by assorted demonic interventions, and consequently mistake demonic manifestations for the normal ambient conditions.

Demonology is a dangerous area of study, one of the most hazardous esoteric occupations. The danger is twofold -- they can destroy and they can seduce.

• Like 1

"Demons", as opposed to "Earth bound" spirits, are just defacto gods that were left abandoned when their priests were taken over by the new authorities.

The astral stresses that they occupied are no longer energised via prayer, energy feeding, etc- so they have become an empty shell (qlippoths)

Moon energy/Yesod is helping them to still exert a black hole effect on this plane, as they feed on earth Yin/Cold/Negative energy.

Edited by SonOfTheGods