Sign in to follow this  
jhana

Hello

Am interested in meditation and cultivation, and learning from others here. Also the physical effects from meditation, like bliss, channels opening up, peace, easy focus and concentration when meditating, lightness and clarity of the body. I don't know that much about Buddhism actually, but I've heard that these things happen in jhana states. Except it seems to not be confined to meditation only, but walking around in that state. Also it seems to be connected to a period of sexual restraint, retention etc. When that period is broken, it seems to fade. I've been at this for a while, but I feel it's still a beginning stage.

Hi Jhana and welcome to the Tao Bums. You will find much here on the subjects which interest you.

before plunging in please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a peek at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ Things are very easy going here and this will cover all that you really need be aware of.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Sign in to follow this