skydog

How not knowing ones path could be a much greater form of wisdom and power

Sorry you are justifying things and rationalising them in your own mind to avoid seeing things clearly, members who have no experience with the Mopai, travelled to other countries with many masters or met many teachers who have developed a certain level, seem to think they know everything about everything. Mjjbecker is completely valid in what he said. Perhaps the word idiot was strong, but somewhat neccessary to those who blabber about things they have zero knowledge about and insult everyone on this forum constantly.

You should work on your intuition to gain more insight into the nature of things because you obviously are unable to read between the lines.

Becker is the person who obviously believes because he travelled to John Chang, sat to the master's feet and got his tantien tested (like so many other people), that would bestow him with superior understanding of the Mo Pai training system. That belief is completely absurd and his posts and strange behavior as some kind of "inofficial voice" of John Chang already made me raise my eyebrows for several times now, but this is the first time that I commented on it.

MPG's ability for logical reasoning and the intensity of his motivation are superior to many other people in this forum. Everyone who read his posts can see that. These facts plus much time of concentrated analysis, practical research and subsequent experience give him more knowledge and understanding of the Mo Pai system than most other people in this forum.

Further, I am aware that Becker was also adressing the "Level 10+ Mo Pai Masters" on TTB with his (very primitive attempt of) trolling, but lumping together all people on TTB who concern themselves with the Mo Pai system is simply awkward and inflated behavior.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

You should work on your intuition to gain more insight into the nature of things because you obviously are unable to read between the lines.

Becker is the person who obviously believes because he travelled to John Chang, sat to the master's feet and got his tantien tested (like so many other people), that would bestow him with superior understanding of the Mo Pai training system. That belief is completely absurd and his posts and strange behavior as some kind of "inofficial voice" of John Chang already made me raise my eyebrows for several times now, but this is the first time that I commented on it.

MPG's ability for logical reasoning and the intensity of his motivation are superior to many other people in this forum. Everyone who read his posts can see that. These facts plus much time of concentrated analysis, practical research and subsequent experience give him more knowledge and understanding of the Mo Pai system than most other people in this forum.

Further, I am aware that Becker was also adressing the "Level 10+ Mo Pai Masters" on TTB with his (very primitive attempt of) trolling, but lumping together all people on TTB who concern themselves with the Mo Pai system is simply awkward and inflated behavior.

Im not really sure that was his intention. That is not how I see his comments, this is granted my own perception, but I dont see it as him bragging rather him making factual statements. I agree MPG has strong logic and intense motivation, but that is not an excuse for insulting others. It also doesnt mean his energetic cultivation level is higher than many members here. Again not everything works according to human logic. Sometimes one has to practice less and more efficiently to "gain", I think this is the point of my thread. For example he may have intense motivation, but that doesnt mean he has practiced more or used high quality methods. I see my own progress in a couple of years about as much as many masters have developed, not working spending up to 15 hours a day doing efficient practices based on intuition. I dont take kindly to be talked down to like some idiot on every thread I make.

• Like 1

Again not everything works according to human logic.

EVERYTHING works according to logic.

Not everything works according to the understanding of every human individual.

I see my own progress in a couple of years about as much as many masters have developed, not working spending up to 15 hours a day doing efficient practices based on intuition.

A bold prognosis.

In case you are given a great (and I mean "genius"-level) introverted intuition (Ni) + developed a great introverted or extraverted thinking (Ti or Te) as "workhorse" to distinguish great ideas from BS, then it could work.

If not, then it won't.

I dont take kindly to be talked down to like some idiot on every thread I make.

We reap what we sow.

Edited by Dorian Black

Now I feel like Im bragging, fuck it some things need to be said.

I do not like the term Genius, everyone is a "genius", everyone can develop genius, I have developed some level of it. I always like to think I can learn more.

I have learned from many people, practice many forms.

As Yamu said in another thread, one doesnt know when one will develop "special abilities" it depends on past lives, it is dependent on vibration.

As Leandro mentioned on another thread, first you work with Qi, then you work with Shen, working with shen is different, relies on quality of energy, once you have some shen, it does the work.

Bullshit.

• Like 1

It also doesnt mean his energetic cultivation level is higher than many members here.

I have absolutely zero ability to work with or even feel chi, unless in a profoundly deep state of trance.

Assuming that others who claim to easily feel, work with and project chi, are actually telling the truth and not self deluded, then I am way below average level in ability.

Any abilities I've ever experienced have only manifested during the deepest depths of trance and I have no ability to instantly enter this state, and it takes sometimes 5-10 hours or more even to really get into the zone for me.

So no I am probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to being gifted with natural talent.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Ok...so back on original topic.

Having plans can definately be very powerful and some people can become too "spontaneous"

But one can gain deep relaxation and trust in life by simply being comfortable with the unknown and uncertainty, and rely on the universe and their higher self whilst taking appropriate action too.

It takes a lot of letting go and trust to deal with uncertainty but it can also be a powerful ally. In the book Autobiography of a Yogi, the guy goes to travel, on a particular task and his guru says all he has to do is trust, have complete trust, if he doubted it wouldnt work. There was a long story involved there.

Slowly I am becoming more comfortable trusting and being open to not having to plan things, but I notice it strongly affects my sense of peace.

• Like 1

I was referring to chi kung and not tai chi, but I feel that if you have had years of training in tai chi, meaning you instinctively move correctly according the the RULES then you can sometimes take an exploratory approach to tai chi moving. Tai chi is not the forms, it is a way of moving with power which the forms teach you. So, in this regard, I suspect i disagree with you.

Keep this in mind, one of the top goals in Taoism is arriving at the formless, and this applies 100% to tai chi as well.

"One must first study the forms in order to eventually arrive at the formless." and you can quote me on that!

To what end? What does such mastery lead to?

Why does it matter?

Maybe if you ask this in a new thread in the Taoism section, so that this thread doesn't go off topic, then someone who knows may answer. :D

I have absolutely zero ability to work with or even feel chi, unless in a profoundly deep state of trance.

Assuming that others who claim to easily feel, work with and project chi, are actually telling the truth and not self deluded, then I am way below average level in ability.

Any abilities I've ever experienced have only manifested during the deepest depths of trance and I have no ability to instantly enter this state, and it takes sometimes 5-10 hours or more even to really get into the zone for me.

So no I am probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to being gifted with natural talent.

You just didn't have the right teacher or practice the right practice ... almost everyone has the right stuff. If I can do it anyone can do it ... in a new thread.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

MPG

Real spontaneous movement will require transmission from a high level teacher, or youd have to have decent amount with energy. Transmissions from teachers can advance ones practice by months even years. You dont have to meet Buddha to have spiritual progress, you can learn things from everyone, I learn things from you too, like being more logical and grounded. Ones diet eg too much meat can make ones energy cultivation weak for certain people, it can be good for others, for you, it would help to adopt a more vegetarian diet. Also retaining sexual energy is very powerful especially if your young, Im assuming you are, there are not real dangers, you just have to use the energy for other things. Find a teacher who can advance the level your at, then if your lucky and progress a lot, find another teacher. Everyone has the ability to progress an extreme amount, it takes thousands of hours of work, if one has a lot of karma, it can be more helpful to remove the karma but that may come later.

I admit I got a bit annoyed, but also being somewhat ruthless in trying to convince people of certain things.

Edited by skydog

Maybe if you ask this in a new thread in the Taoism section, so that this thread doesn't go off topic, then someone who knows may answer. :D

You just didn't have the right teacher or practice the right practice ... almost everyone has the right stuff. If I can do it anyone can do it ... in a new thread.

k

Stuff

I didn't say I wasn't satisfied with my progress, only that the real fireworks only happen for me in a profoundly deep state of trance. The way everyone else talks it sounds like they can shoot KAMEHAMEHA beams without being in a deep state of trance which I just cannot fathom as being true based on my own observations.

I already eat very little meat, mostly beans, eggs and dairy and very little chicken or turkey.

I might be able to learn from everyone, but I prefer to listen only to those who have demonstrated their mastery. I'd rather learn from a PhD. than I would from a preschooler.

Sexual energy wise, I am pretty frugal with that, but I like to live it up every once in a while when this college girl I know is lonely and wants company.

I'd like to find a teacher, but I don't know of any I'd be interested in learning under other than the ones I already have. I will try to keep my eyes open though.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28136-mo-pai-nonsense/page-11

http://longmenpai.blogspot.com/2009/01/2005-meridian-taijiquan.html

The seond person has practiced a different lineage of Taijiquan for more than 10 years. After he had attained Channel SHO, his progress was rapid, he had 36 mudras spontaneously appeared. Master Wang had said before that there are 36 mudras associated with Ling Bao Bi Fa and he had publicly taught only 4 of them! We analyzed and concluded that these mudras appears when the qi move in and connecting the 12 regular meridians.

I know that Wang Liping of Longmen Pai is rumored to be at a high level of development...

Automatic moving in tai chi style movements isn't going make you a hsien, if you think it conveys some other benefit then awesome. For me it might as well be rolling around and flopping randomly. Just more pretty dancing.

The first person had practiced Taijiquan for more than 40 years, he was 80 years old. I taught him the methods and things to watch out for when trying to open up the Channel SHO. He had a very good foundation. He could sit in full-lotus for three hours or more. The first day we went up to Taoyuan, he sat on his own in the morning and his abdomen vibrated strongly. He used the method taught by me to open his own SHO. Absolutely amazing for an 80-year-old man. I was amazed by his achievements and this showed me that Taijiquan is definitely one of dandao's foundational practice.

The seond person has practiced a different lineage of Taijiquan for more than 10 years. After he had attained Channel SHO, his progress was rapid, he had 36 mudras spontaneously appeared. Master Wang had said before that there are 36 mudras associated with Ling Bao Bi Fa and he had publicly taught only 4 of them! We analyzed and concluded that these mudras appears when the qi move in and connecting the 12 regular meridians.

The third person has also practiced various forms of Taiji for 10 years or more. After she had attained Channel SHO, she can clearly felt that qi was moving in her various meridians. We used one year to investigate and conclude that in Yang's Style Taiji, when doing each external form, there is a corresponding internal movement in the channel. We took it one step further and inverted the problem: for each of the 12 regular meridians, we extracted all the forms that stimulate that meridian and reorganize and modify them. We took out the 12 restructured and modified forms that stimulate and most accurately correspond to the 12 regular channels and created the "Twelve Forms of Meridian Taijiquan". We recorded it and sent the video to Master Wang for appraisal. After Master Wang had seen it he said, "There are many people who are currently researching on this topic but none of them had a result that's comparable to yours.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/31395-special-ttbers-only-promotion-stillness-movement-neigong-september-282930/

http://centrostudihu-qigong.weebly.com/hu-lijuan.html

And then he noticed that while practicing qigong spontaneously without even noticing it maybe a hand was raised, then began to understand how in the absence of desire to not act then maybe a hand is raised alone • Then he began to question the nature of this original of which is in the texts Palava understanding that very few know what it was about, very few know what is in the mind, the brain • And then in a temple, found this sentence that said "follow the shen that spontaneously moves" • And then he began to think of the difference between the front and the rear to the sky to sky.

He has studied taiji YanLuchan (a famous teacher) and started to think about where the YanLuchan has pulled out these forms? • And then he realized that the movements that were manifested itself when he came into this state of rest, they were very similar to those of YanLuchan.

• Like 2

lll

Oh yeh spontaneous movement is not tai chi, Wang Liping said follow the shen that moves, that is spontaneous movements.

Edited by skydog

I'll stick by my assertion that no amount of tai chi is going to make you a hsien.

TaiChi is not TaiChi.

99.99% of TaiChi taught today is only an empty shell and devoid of its essence.

What about I guess it was Beckers story that he witnessed John Chang testing the tantien of a female TaiChi practitioner in Greece whose tantien was 70% or so full...?

Maybe mjjbecker can comment to that.

Edited by Dorian Black

Yeah, yeah! We all know that you met John Chang in person and that you use every possible opportunity to hint to that!

But after your trollish post (see below) in which you adressed me as "idiot" in my new thread, I somehow doubt however that he planted the seed of wisdom in your tantien when he checked it or that you gained any spiritual "benefit" at all from that experience...besides the obvious illusion of superiority!

I missed this before.

For the record, I was not addressing those comments to you. That should have been obvious, given I quoted the post I was responding to. That made the context of my post quite clear. If I had been talking to you I would have been quite direct about it.

Perhaps you should work on being able to read and understand the actual lines, before veering off into erroneous speculation.

So, direct experience of the method, the master, and being privy to private information that has never been publicly released doesn't give me 'superior understanding' to those who are quoting what they've read in a book, off the internet and seen on Youtube? Is that what you are saying?

Horse feathers. Experience? Analysis? Research? You mean practicing Jim's own version (yes folks, Jim's version) of the Mo Pai teachings and quoting Jim's and Kostas' books? I don't question the intensity of his motivation, but no one on this forum has anything but a tiny understanding of the Mo Pai and its teachings. Outside of John Chang, and possibly masters in China if there are any, that applies to anyone currently with a pulse.

Trolling how? By pointing out, as has been said numerous times, that the Mo Pai wish to be left alone? That the 'opinions' being expressed on this forum amount to little more than wild speculation most of the time?

The saying 'In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king' applies. Meaning, quite simply, you and many others here have expressed an avalanche of bullshit in regards to something you know little to nothing about. In regards to that, what Kostas wrote recently definitely applies:

http://pammachon.gr/index.php/en/blog

"I had not foreseen the development of youtube or the extreme loss of overall IQ among the general populace when I wrote the book in 1999 - otherwise I would have never written it."

To quote the late, great John Wayne, 'pardon me all the way to hell' for trying to help people by pointing out that their opinions and beliefs on certain points are wrong. As I observed before, no good deed goes unpunished. It is an unfortunate reality of human nature that telling 'the mob' what it doesn't want to hear leads to being attacked. So be it.

Now for the direct personal comments. When you've spent the time, money and effort over the years, months and hours, then you will have earned the right to question my understanding. That means getting out from behind your computer, getting off your ass, going places and actually meeting real teachers in person.

As it stands, nothing you've written about me goes beyond personal attack. Nothing refutes the points I've made. Why? Because you've got nothing to refute them with. No experience, just what you've read and seen on the internet. If an empty barrel makes the most noise, then its a wonder people don't get ear bleeds reading your 'opinions'. Let me put this in big letters so maybe you might grasp its meaning:

You can't make logical reasoning about a subject if you don't have significant, important facts and some direct experience of the subject matter.

I was verbally fileting internet trolls on forums while you were still playing on your first Fisher Price toy computer. You are not subtle, intelligent, witty or even mildly amusing. You are simply loud.

There you go. Do you understand now? I don't troll. I pull the trigger and let loose with both barrels. Well, sometimes I am more subtle, but given it would clearly be lost on you, both barrels it is.

By all means rave on all you wish about the Temple Tai Chi method (of which you've actually met and training with how many teachers?) but leave me out of your bullshit. Whatever fantasy world you choose to invent is your business.

For the record, I was not addressing those comments to you. That should have been obvious, given I quoted the post I was responding to.

I can also see the unobvious.

That made the context of my post quite clear. If I had been talking to you I would have been quite direct about it.

Not this time, it seems.

If you have the opinion to say the truth, then you perhaps unobviously addressed me unconsciously.

Your phrasing very well includes this possibility.

I already recognized it and my remark had the function to point you to it and to question yourself.

It seems I overestimated your mental abilities.

"I had not foreseen the development of youtube or the extreme loss of overall IQ among the general populace [...]"

In 1999, I also didn't forsee those developments.

Concerning my own IQ, I passed two psychological IQ tests so far.

In the second, after evaluating my result the psychologist was pretty excited and after showing me that I was on the complete right end of the normal distribution, he told me that no one ever before had such a result when he was conducting this test.

A high IQ means that confronted with the same matrix of informations, you will be able to see more and understand existing patterns better than those with a lower IQ.

Maybe I read your character better than you are able to read yourself...?

You can't make logical reasoning about a subject if you don't have significant, important facts and some direct experience of the subject matter.

I don't doubt that.

I was verbally fileting internet trolls on forums while you were still playing on your first Fisher Price toy computer.

I never had a Fisher Price toy computer.

You are not subtle, intelligent, witty or even mildly amusing. You are simply loud.

Excuse me, but science already proved otherwise (twice).

There you go. Do you understand now?

Scientifically speaking, I am at least able to understand better than 99.73% of world's population...

Well, sometimes I am more subtle, but given it would clearly be lost on you [...].

See above...

By all means rave on all you wish about the Temple Tai Chi method (of which you've actually met and training with how many teachers?) but leave me out of your bullshit.

I'm training on Sundays with Gary J. Clyman.

Whatever fantasy world you choose to invent is your business.

Facts, facts, facts! That's my world.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/british/?q=unobvious

I can see you can't spell, though to be fair on the whole your English is pretty good.

I won't ask why you are seeing a psychologist but I hope it is helping.

'Paranoia' and 'hubris'. Look them up if you don't understand.

While you're at it, look up the limitations of IQ tests. Here's a start for you:

http://www.unc.edu/~rooney/iq.htm

In school settings, psychologists often joke that IQ is what IQ tests measure. There is a lot of truth to this adage. Ideally, IQ tests sample a wide range of experiences and they measure a person’s ability to apply learned information in new and different ways (different ways indeed, Dorian...MJJB). They do not measure capacity or potential. They do provide information about cognitive skills at a given point in time.

Because IQ tests chiefly measure success in school, they are value-laden. Scores provide a statistical indication of the extent to which a person has critical schools and information, but they should not be directly equated with intelligence. Test scores are a useful index of ability, but they may reflect test-taking sophistication, personality, and attitudinal characteristics as well as learned and innate ability (Plomin, 1989).

Don't bank on world domination just yet.

BTW, are you visiting Chicago or is GJC in Germany at the moment?

When you've finished looking up the other words, try looking up 'fact' as well.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/british/?q=unobvious

I can see you can't spell, though to be fair on the whole your English is pretty good.

Thanks. As you already know (see below) I'm german and english is not my mother language.

I am sure that I spell better than many english native speakers.

I won't ask why you are seeing a psychologist but I hope it is helping.

'Paranoia' and 'hubris'. Look them up if you don't understand.

While you're at it, look up the limitations of IQ tests. Here's a start for you:

http://www.unc.edu/~rooney/iq.htm

It's certainly true that IQ is what the IQ test measures and this may vary from test to test.

This doesn't change however that a scientific test has to be constructed in such a way that the results comply with the normal distribution. This will be confirmed also by extensive testing of the test with a scientific significant amount of probants before the test is released for usage.

This in fact guarantees that the probant with result x really has the cognitive abilities to be able to solve the test better than y% of the population.

Don't bank on world domination just yet.

I'll be perfectly happy if I'll be able to gain domination over my own fate and destiny, thanks.

BTW, are you visiting Chicago or is GJC in Germany at the moment?

Via skype.

Edited by Dorian Black