Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Another perspective to "The Secret"

BTW..I don't know that I completely agree with the views being presented here. I tend to think having good goals can be of service to the process of awakening and making you a happier person. It's a deep question. I don't see anything wrong with "The Secret" it's pretty much the same exact thing I learned from Matt Furey's course Magnetic Mind Power.

Probably the higher truth is happiness lies somewhere between a balance of the 2 perspectives. I personally havent had enough time yet to go deeply into both to comment how it "really" is. And maybe it's more like a personal truth for each person anyway.

Cam

Same here. The author has a lot of wish-wash-grey area that needs navigating....

One thing I remember about "The Secret" is that encourages attaching emotions to your intent.

Remember how Luke was seduced to the dark side?

Spectrum

For some time I've been a bit uneasy with The Law of Attraction expressed in the Secret, feeling that it isn't in harmony with Taoist perspective, or other spiritual approaches. This of course doesn't necessarily make it wrong, but...

I found this on the net, and it has helped me clarify the issues, if not the answers...

It starts with

"The Great Way is broad,

Neither easy nor difficult.

The Supreme Way is not difficult

If only you do not pick and choose."

Lots to ponder on here....

How to Live in Harmony with the Tao

[Exerpt below]

"Introduction

The Great Way is broad,

Neither easy nor difficult.

This essay is an effort to clarify Faith in Mind, a text of seminal importance to Ch'an, Zen and Taoism.

The essay does not paraphrase or explain so much as illustrate how Faith in Mind can be applied to everyday life in the modern world. In this way, the essay follows the author's intention, which is to guide the sincere person in her quest to live in harmony with the Tao.

The advice given is not designed for passive consumption.

You have to live it.

There is no shortcut.

Only when you apply this in your life, will you gradually begin to understand.

How to Live in Harmony with the Tao

Cheya

I think that the essence of the Secret is pretty simple... Ask and ye shall receive and seek ye first the kingdom of God and all else will be added unto you. As Esther says, once you find the God part, you don't really care about the rest of it.

Having said that, having siddhis, quivering palm attacks, and best selling books, etc is good advertisement for your school and has its place as an important part of the skillful means of bringing greater knowledge to the world.

I thought THE SECRET was inspiring. One guy uses it to walk after a crippling injury and another makes a million dollars but if you are unaware of the process you might bring misfortune after misfortune into your life. I think the underlying message is to just live consciously and to understand we create our lives if we take full responsibility for them.

Sign in to follow this