niveQ

A book recommendation for a novice?

Hello, all.

I know suggesting the right book for someone can be hard. It's hard to know who I am and where I stand without knowing me.

Well, I am a very spiritual person without trying. It's just how I am. I don't practice any religion. I do meditate. I sort of always just feel my emotions and the state they are in. I can feel emotional storms round me brewing when something is about to happen. I am a very empathetic person. I am an open book and also love learning about people's most intimate issues. I love connecting on the intimate level. I think that's how communication should be.

I am a male.vi am a Capricorn. January 9, 1988. I feel as if I am dragged down by people around me, namely rose at work. I sometimes feel that that happens because I worry that it would. I seek to have meaning and truth in every moment of my life.

I hate all kinds of injustice. It might be my main focus in life. I realize that most in my area that I interact with are Sleep. I struggle with whether I should wake them up or not. I know that I am also asleep in many regards.

I am somewhat aware of a matrix that exists and connects all of us emotionally and telepathically. I find myself feeling sorrow expressed toward it when I go against my gut or let people walk on my rights.

I frequently have lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. As a youngster, I had frequent night terrors and sleep walked.

I am working on creating something for myself, while also working ona project with my brother that will change our lives.

I love art and culture. My confidence as an adult male is just now becoming apparent. I was a late bloomer. Nt that I wasn't good with the opposite sex, I just wasn't living life. I was letting things live it for me.

With the occult, I seek the knowledge of how things work, I seek better discipline, I seek a clearer mind, I seek tools that I can use to positively effect the world in the name of unity.

I have worries that many books are edited and leave things out. Is this a legitimate worry? I feel I already know the answer and it is "yes."

With all that said, thank you very kindly for the time and any help. Do you have any suggestions on readings or practices thati can do?

Thak you again with love.

Edited by niveQ

Agrippa's 3 books of Occult Philosophy. It is actually the only book which does not leave stuff out :). Just avoid the footnotes, as they are a modern interpretation of the work.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. Can someone point out my errors?

Not sure what you are asking here.

I read your first post but I couldn't quite work out what kind of thing you wanted. Is it a book you need or do you think a teacher to study under for a while would be a good thing. Why the occult and not other forms of mysticism? From your descriptions of yourself I would guess you are ready to start some cultivation of some kind. You need to follow what your heart draws you to. So what comes to mind that you think might be the right thing? I'm sure people on here can give you pointers.

• Like 3

For discipline and system for figuring things out, especially when asked on a Hermetic forum, I'll go with Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics. For a thorough taste of the system go to abardoncompanion.com. You'll find exhaustive notes there as well as couple of excellent audio systems that run pretty deep. Its all free. Not fast, not all that easy, but good depth from a very respectable teacher. If you can connect to his Center of Stillness Meditation, you're well on your way.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. Can someone point out my errors?

If you are sincere, I can! :D

Your error is not yours alone, it is very common. It is the misunderstanding of the concept "spiritual." Most people believe that it means warm-fuzzy, benevolent, sensitive, with some interest in things esoteric or occult.

What it really means is "in direct two-way communication with spirits, deities and other disembodied, non-incarnated or no-longer-incarnated entities of dimensions and levels of reality different from our material world." This is the classic and much more narrow definition of what "spiritual" means, and in this sense, few people today are spiritual, even though the vast majority were in the remote past.

If you like the idea of becoming truly spiritual, you need a teacher -- of esoteric practices, of lineage taoism, of lineage shamanism and the like. These are the ones who can either transmit a spiritual lineage (i.e. an array of spirits and deities with particular affinity to this particular tradition, who will know you after you have been introduced to them, and communicate with you if you are of further interest to them and express interest in such communication yourself, by methods taught in the tradition.) Or they can deem you non-spiritual material and refuse such transmission. In ether scenario you win, by not wasting your time on trying to do or be what's not "you" OR, alternatively, not doing what IS. They are facilitators of destiny-- they don't create it for you but they help you realize and actualize your very own.

Does it help at all? :)

• Like 4

If you are sincere, I can! :D

Your error is not yours alone, it is very common. It is the misunderstanding of the concept "spiritual." Most people believe that it means warm-fuzzy, benevolent, sensitive, with some interest in things esoteric or occult.

What it really means is "in direct two-way communication with spirits, deities and other disembodied, non-incarnated or no-longer-incarnated entities of dimensions and levels of reality different from our material world." This is the classic and much more narrow definition of what "spiritual" means, and in this sense, few people today are spiritual, even though the vast majority were in the remote past.

If you like the idea of becoming truly spiritual, you need a teacher -- of esoteric practices, of lineage taoism, of lineage shamanism and the like. These are the ones who can either transmit a spiritual lineage (i.e. an array of spirits and deities with particular affinity to this particular tradition, who will know you after you have been introduced to them, and communicate with you if you are of further interest to them and express interest in such communication yourself, by methods taught in the tradition.) Or they can deem you non-spiritual material and refuse such transmission. In ether scenario you win, by not wasting your time on trying to do or be what's not "you" OR, alternatively, not doing what IS. They are facilitators of destiny-- they don't create it for you but they help you realize and actualize your very own.

Does it help at all? :)

This does help. I will clarify, the former is not my definition of spiritual. :)

i feel that I am constantly in touch with entities. thismis more noticeable in solitude. I just don't do it on purpose usually. I often see things falling together with déjà Vu and great coincidences. At night, I have saw orbs by some process that I have no way to describe. I've done this on command three times. When the orb move into my focal point, I felt a warm, tingly sensation through my nerves.

There are many things that occur that I want to learn more about. A teacher would be ideal. A taoist practitioner, a Mystic, etc... I'm not sure. Only because I have never seen anyone as a teacher and don't know what particular teachers teach.

What drew me to The Occult? I perceive it as knowledge of "tools" that we all have that have been hidden from us that we can use to find the truth and positively effect the world around us.

One thing I would like to change as soon as I can is the effect that others can have on me. I work with many people who operate on a lower level of consciousness. They are such mean spirited people. They are mean to clientele as well as each other. I would love to get to the point where I help them rather than get dragged down by them. I have done it before. Bt, I don't even notice when they get to me sometimes until after the fact.

This was disorganized a bit. I apologize for that. I thank you as we'll as everyone who has responded.

I'm going to recommend reading as much Krishnamurti as you can. Specifically, " the first and last freedom."

Krishnamurti's writing and perception of himself and the world are very profound. He is a big anti-guru.

Also, when thinking about "spirituality" I believe it is imperative to be able to identify and connect the use, value, and meaning of created ideas against the real and actual truth of existence...all any book will give you is a way to understand something that someone has theorized.

What we call "spiritual" now is mostly the effect of years of indoctrination within human society. I think what everyone is searching for is "actuality" or "reality"....for infinite reasons.

Books, people, systems can all show you things and explain them in their own way, but you will only understand it in your own way.

"Truth is a path less land." - Krishnamurti.

study

vedic astrology

then

numerology

free off the internet

it will lay out the synchronicities

take it from there

Edited by SonOfTheGods