Smile

Dalai Lama video "Compassion, the Source of Happiness"

Dalai Lama - Compassion, the Source of Happiness Video

The Dalai Lama visited Madison, WI May 2nd through the 4th of 2007. He offered teachings at the Alliant Energy Center. On the afternoon of May 4th, He offered this talk at the University of Wisconsin Kohl Center.

You will have to download the video to see the whole thing.

The bast way to do it is to download the Veoh player fro here http://www.veoh.com/downloadFlow.html

Then click Download Video

Edited by Smile

I didn't say I agree or disagree with this article. You draw your own conclusions about what is the truth. I stopped paying attention to what Dalai Lama is saying from the moment he said he fully supports the invasion of Afganistan but is against the invasion of Iraq. It happened at the meeting he had with G.W.Bush.

I didn't say I agree or disagree with this article.

My apologies.

You draw your own conclusions about what is the truth.

Understanding is a three edged sword. :)

I stopped paying attention to what Dalai Lama is saying from the moment he said he fully supports the invasion of Afganistan but is against the invasion of Iraq. It happened at the meeting he had with G.W.Bush.

Ok, that really is strange. Did he say why?

(edit: I can't find anything about this on google, but then my google-fu is not so good)

Edited by Pero

I couldn't open that particular article, but there is one similar on the Buddhist Channel, news site. My Dharma brother, Ven. Dharmakara, has done some research in to the authenticity of the claims in the article, and in fact, it has no backing, the article I mean...

Actually, I know, that was the point of me posting the link. I myself emailed the GCHQ to enquire about the claim that they confirmed that Beijing orchestrated the riots. (BTW I'm not sure if GCHQ sends out the same email to everyone, or did people just copy the reply I received, which I posted on E-sangha).

http://people.tribe.net/thinkpossible/blog...06-f0d73070e5f1

Basically, this is what I think (from the link):

I do not doubt that the Chinese government has done the very things they are accused of in this article. We have seen it plainly in Burma, Thailand, Vietnam and elsewhere... I absolutely would expect this very same behavior from China. However, I do not believe that the Tibetans' freedom from oppression (or anyone else's) will come or should come at the cost of our own honesty. We should not participate in the same kind of disinformation and deceit as the Chinese government. Spreading untruthful rumors based on photographs of a theatrical film and calling it real is dishonest and will only create more suffering, not ease it. It will create more problems, not less.

There are however other articles about Bejing "helping" with the riots as well.

Actually, I know, that was the point of me posting the link. I myself emailed the GCHQ to enquire about the claim that they confirmed that Beijing orchestrated the riots. (BTW I'm not sure if GCHQ sends out the same email to everyone, or did people just copy the reply I received, which I posted on E-sangha).

http://people.tribe.net/thinkpossible/blog...06-f0d73070e5f1

Basically, this is what I think (from the link):

There are however other articles about Bejing "helping" with the riots as well.

i'm sure they say the same thing to everyone. Interesting though how people can mis inform others over a picture they find.

My Dharma brother emailed them and a few other online and newspaper organizations in London asking for affirmation on that article. He doesn't like e-sangha...lol

Peace,

Lin

i'm sure they say the same thing to everyone. Interesting though how people can mis inform others over a picture they find.

Yes indeed... And also how easy it is to spread it.

My Dharma brother emailed them and a few other online and newspaper organizations in London asking for affirmation on that article. He doesn't like e-sangha...lol

Not everyone does. :lol:

Interesting article, thanks.

Ok, that really is strange. Did he say why?

It was his quote in one of the papers with a picture of him sitting with G.W. Bush. I remember telling my friend at work about it and she said it was very strange coming from him. There is a small possibility the newspaper made it up.